SPECIFIC PROCUREMENT NOTICE
(NATIONAL COMPETITIVE BIDDING)
YOBE STATE GOVERNMENT OF NIGERIA RURAL WATER SUPPLY & SANITATION SUB-PROGRAM IN YOBE STATE
Date: 31st January, 2018
Loan No: 2100150015645
DRILLING OF 138 NOS. HAND PUMP BOREHOLES IN COMMUNITIES AND 120 NOS IN SCHOOLS AND PUBLIC PLACES IN THE RURAL AREAS OF YOBE STATE
- This specific procurement Notice follows the General Procurement Notice (GPN) for the sub-programme which appeared in the United Nations Development Business (UNDB) No.709 of August 31st, 2007.
The Federal Government of Nigeria has received financing from the African Development Fund (ADF) towards the cost of the Rural Water Supply and Sanitation Sub-Programme in Yobe State and intends to supply a portion of the proceeds of the loan to eligible payments under the contract for the procurement of works: Drilling of 258 Nos. Hand pumps Boreholes.
- Bidding is opened to all Bidders from eligible member countries as defined in the ADB’s Rules and Procedures for the Procurement of Goods and Works, July 2012 Edition.
- The two Contractors are packaged into lots as follows:
CONTRACT I (138 Nos. HPBHs)
YUSUFARI – HPBH LOT 01
Description: Drilling of 46 Nos. Hand-pump Boreholes in Communities of Yusufari LGA.
BURSARI – HPBH LOT 02
Description: Drilling of 46 Nos. Hand-pump Boreholes in Communities of Geidam, Bursari LGAs.
KARASUWA – HPBH LOT 03
Description: Drilling of 46 Nos. Hand-pump Boreholes in Communities of Karasuwa LGA.
CONTRACT II (120 Nos. HPBH)
JAKUSKO – HPBH LOT 01
Description: Drilling of 40 Nos. Hand-pump Boreholes in Schools and Public Places of Jakusko, Machina and Potiskum LGAs.
YUNUSARI – HPBH LOT 02
Description: Drilling of 40 Nos. Hand-pump Boreholes in Schools and Public Places of Geidam and Yunusari LGAs.
KARASUWA 2 – HPBH LOT 04
Description: Drilling of 40 Nos. Hand-pump Boreholes in Schools and Public Places of Bursari and Karasuwa LGAs.
The Bid Security should be in an acceptable form and amount equal to ONE MILLION FIVE HUNDRED THOUSAND NAIRA ONLY (NGN 1, 500,000.00) for each lot.
For each contract package (I and II), interested Bidders may bid for 1, 2 or all lots. Bidders submitting bids for more than one lot for each package must present separate Bid Security for each lot. Combined bid security for more than lot per package will render the bids non-responsive.
- The Programme Implementation Unit, Rural Water Supply and Sanitation Sub-Programme in Yobe State now invites sealed bids from prospective eligible bidders for the above-mentioned packages.
- Bidding will be conducted using National Competitive Bidding (NCB) procedure specified in the African Development Bank’s Rules and Procedures for the Procurement of Goods and Works, July 2012 Edition.
- Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information from the Programme Manager, Rural Water Supply and Sanitation Programme, [email protected] and inspect the Bidding Documents at the Address given below, from 8:30am 4:30pm on working days.
- For each contract, a complete set of Bidding Documents in English Language which contain detailed specification of the work may be purchased by interested bidders on the submission of a written of a non-refundable fee of TWENTY FIVE THOUSAND NAIRA ONLY (NGN25,000.00) for each lot and TEN THOUSAND NAIRA ONLY (NGN10,000.00) for additional lot. Payment should be made to the project accounts below:
Bank: First Bank Nig. Plc. Damaturu Branch Nigeria
Account Name: AfDB-Assisted RWSSP
Account No: 2016956258
- Bids must be delivered to the Programme Manager at the address stated below by 11:00am as follows:
- Contract I – on the 28th February, 2018 and
- Contract II – on the 1st March, 2018.
All bids must be accompanies by the required bid security.
- Electronic bidding will not be permitted. Late bids will be rejected. Bids will be opened in the presence of the bidders or their representatives who choose to attend in person at the following address on the 28th February, 2018 for Contract I and 1st March, 2018 for Contract II at 12:00pm in Conference Room of Yobe State Secretariat (IBB secretariat) located along Maiduguri Gashua bypass adjacent to Yobe State House of Assembly Complex, Damaturu.
- Pre bid meeting will be held on by 10:00am at the address below as follows;
- Contract I – on the 14th February, 2018 and
- Contract II – on the 15th February, 2018.
Rural Water Supply and Sanitation Programme,
Flat A6 & A7 300 Housing Units,
Maiduguri Road, Behind NNPC Mega Filling Station,
E-mail: [email protected]
SOURCE: THE NATION