EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
PROVISION OF LOGISTICS SERVICES
REF NO.: WFP-SC-ABJ-EOI-2019-001
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP0 is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. Each year, on average, WFP feeds more than 90 million people and it is present in 81 countries and in Nigeria alone, WFP currently supports over 1 million people.
As part of its Humanitarian Assistance Activities in Nigeria and the region, The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) hereby seeks all reputable and licensed Logistics Service Providers interested to provide WFP with logistics services.
- Clearing and Forwarding (C&F)
- Primary Transport: Cargo Transport from/to main storage locations such as Maiduguri, Damaturu, Mubi, Port Harcourt, Calabar, Jos, Kano, Lagos, etc.
- Secondary Transport: Cargo Transport from Maiduguri, Damaturu, Mubi, Jos, Kano, etc. to various delivery points in Local Government Areas (LGAs).
- Warehousing – warehouse management of WFP commodities.
- Handling: (loading, offloading, shunting, reconstitution, etc.) of food commodities in WFP warehouse.
- Ancillary Services: re-packaging and milling of ‘grains’ into fortified flour
Interested companies should request for Questionnaire by writing to indicate interest to the email – [email protected] with mail subject as “Request for Questionnaire” not later than Monday, January 14th, 2019.
Please note that this announcement applies to ALL SERVICE PROVIDERS including those Transporters that are currently working for WFP as a means of uploading their profile.
• Please note that this is not a contract or an Invitation to Tender. Rates/prices are not required at this stage, and this invitation does not bind the World Food Programme to issue any tenders or contracts to the companies expressing their interest.
• Shortlisting of companies does not bind WFP to offer a service award at any time.
Minimum Requirements for Registration:
- Legal business registration with relevant authorities (Corporate Affairs Commission)
- Audited financial statement for the last three (3) years
- Valid Tax Clearance Certificate (TCC)
- Three (3) reference letters from organizations/entities you have had contracts before.
Submission of EOI:
Submission must specify Area of Interest and must be accompanied by the following documents:
- Cover letter/company profile including contact details and brief overview on area of interest
- Proof of registration of the company – Valid Business License, Tax registration (if applicable) issued by relevant Government Authority.
Completed questionnaires should be signed, stamped and returned by e-mail to [email protected] not later than 5:00pm on Friday 25th January 2019 with the subject WFP-SC-ABJ-EOI-2019-001 Logistics Service Provider, attaching all scanned supporting documents required.
Sealed Envelopes must be hand delivered to WFP Registry in Abuja by 12:00pm, Friday 25th of January 2019 with the subject clearly written on the envelope – WFP-SC-ABJ-EOI-2019-001 Logistics Service Provider at:
UNWFP Abuja Office
2A Udo Udoma Street, Asokoro,
Submission will be reviewed by WFP and only selected applicants will be contacted for further processing.
WOMEN BUSINESS OWNERS ARE ENCOURAGED TO PARTICIPATE
SOURCE: DAILY TRUST