NWANIBA ROAD, P.M.B. 1017, UYO, AKWA IBOM STATE
INVITATION TO TENDER FOR WORKS /SUPPLY AND EXPRESSION OF INTEREST FOR SERVICES
The University of Uyo needs to:
- Rehabilitate ailing facilities, complete terminated contracts (construction of three Storey buildings) and acquire equipment and books;
- Dispose of her boarded items
Experienced and competent contractors/suppliers/consultants are invited to submit bids/expression of interest documents for the above requirements.
- SCOPE OF WORKS/SUPPLIES/SERVICES
Category A: Works
Lot A1: Re-roofing of Y-Building
Lot A2: Re-roofing of Environmental Studies Building
Lot A3: Completion of Faculty of Agriculture Building
Lot A4: Completion of Hostel Block- (Three Storey Building)
Lot A5: Completion of Classroom Block for Faculty of Science
Lot A6: Completion of Office Block
Lot A7: Completion of Classroom Block for Faculty of Engineering
Lot A8: Completion of ICT Centre Phase II
Lot A9: Rehabilitation of Pharmacy Laboratories
Category B: Supplies
Lot B1: Furnishing for Classrooms, lecture halls, laboratories, theatres and seminar rooms
Lot B2: Equipment and Books for Faculty of Law
Lot B3: Equipment and Books for Faculty of Basic Medical Sciences
Lot B4: Equipment and Books for Faculty of Sciences
Lot B5: Equipment and Books for Faculty of Agriculture
Lot B6: Equipment and Books for Faculty of Clinical Sciences
Lot B7: Equipment and Books for Faculty of Engineering
Lot B8: Equipment and Books for Faculty of Environmental Studies
Lot B9: Equipment and Books for Faculty of Arts
Lot B10: Equipment and Books for Faculty of Education
Lot B11: Equipment and Books for Faculty of Pharmacy
Lot B12: Equipment for Institute for Biomedical Research & Innovation
Lot B13: Equipment and Books for Faculty of Social Science
Lot B14: Complete inverter package for industrial submersible pumps
Lot B15: Complete package of 8 inches Borehole at Town Campus
Category C: Services (Expression of Interest – EoI)
Lot C1: Evaluator for ICT channels
Lot C2: Evaluator for vehicles and generating sets
Lot C3: Evaluator for office equipment
Lot C4: Quantity Surveying Services
- ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
Interested firms should submit two (2) bound EoI documents duly signed, paginated, separated by dividers and arranged in the order outlined hereunder:
- Evidence of Certificate of Incorporation issued by the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) including Forms CAC2 and CAC7.
- Evidence of Company’s Income Tax Clearance Certificate for the last three (3) years valid till 31stDecember, 2019.
- Evidence of current Pension Compliance Certificate valid till 31at December, 2019.
- Evidence of current Industrial Training Fund (ITF) Compliance Certificate valid till 31stDecember, 2019.
- Evidence of current National Social Insurance Trust Fund (NSITF) Compliance Certificate valid till 31stDecember, 2019.
- Evidence of Registration on the National Database of Contractors, Consultants and Service Providers by submission of Interim Registration Report (IRR) expiring on 30/06/2019 or valid certificate issued by BPP.
- Evidence of Firm’s registration with relevant professional body (where applicable).
- Sworn Affidavit disclosing whether or not any officer of the relevant committees of University of Uyo or Bureau of Public Procurement is a former or present Director, Shareholder, or has any pecuniary interest in the bidder and confirm that all the information presented in the bid are true and correct in all particulars.
- Company’s Audited Accounts for the last three (3) years (2016, 2017 & 2018).
- Company’s profile with Curriculum Vitae of Key Staff to be deployed for the project, including copies of their Academic/Professional qualifications.
- Verifiable documentary evidence of at least three (3) similar jobs executed in the last five (5) years including Letters of Awards, Valuation Certificates, Job Completion and photographs of the projects.
- List of Plants/Equipment with proof of Ownership/Lease (where applicable).
- For Joint Venture/Partnership, Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) should be provided, (eligibility requirements are applicable to all JV partner).
- All documents for submission must be transmitted with a Covering/Forwarding letter under the Company/Firm’s Letter Head paper bearing amongst others, the Registration Number (RC) as issued by the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC), Contact Address, Telephone Number (preferably GSM no.) and e-mail address. The Letterhead Paper must bear the Names and Nationalities of the Directors of the Company at the bottom of the page, duly signed by the authorized officer of the firm.
- COLLECTION OF TENDER DOCUMENTS
(Category A & B)
Interested companies are to collect the Standard Bidding Document (SBD) from the office of the Head, Procurement Unit, Ground Floor of the Central Administration Building, Main Campus, Nwaniba Road, Uyo on evidence of payment of a non-refundable fee of N10,000.00 per Lot, paid into the University of Uyo’s Remita account in any commercial bank.
- SUBMISSION OF TENDER /EXPRESSION OF INTEREST DOCUMENTS
Prospective bidders are to submit their bids for the Lot desired, two (2) hard copies each of the technical bids and financial bids (Category A) packaged separately in sealed envelopes and clearly marked as “Technical Bid” or “Financial Bid” while interested firms in Category C are to submit two (2) bound Expression of Interest documents separated by dividers and arranged as indicated above. Thereafter, for tenders put to two envelopes together in a bigger sealed envelope while for expression of interest, the documents should be submitted in a sealed envelope, both addressed to The Vice-chancellor, University of Uyo, Uyo and clearly marked with the name of the project and the Lot number. Furthermore, the reverse of each sealed envelope should have the name and address of the bidder and drop in the designated Tender Box in the foyer of the Left Wing of the Ground Floor of the Central Administration Building, Main Campus not later than 12:00 on 17thof June 2019 for Category C and 12:00 noon on 15thof July 2019 for Category A & B.
- OPENING OF EOI/BID
The EOI and Technical bids will be opened immediately after the deadline for submission at 12:00 noon on 17thof June 2019 and12:00 on 15thof July 2019 respectively, in the Multipurpose Hall beside Faculty of Science Building, Main Campus in the presence of bidders or their representatives, while financial bids will be kept un-opened. Please, ensure that you sign the Bid Submission Register in the office of the Head, Procurement Unit, First Door by the Left, by the left of the Main Entrance of the Left wing of the Ground floor of the Central Administration Building, Main Campus, Nwaniba Road, Uyo will not held liable for misplaced or wrongly submitted bids. For further enquiries, please contact the Head, Procurement Unit, on e-mail: [email protected].
- GENERAL INFORMATION
- Bid/EOI documents must be in English Language and signed by an official authorized by the bidder.
- Bid/EOI documents submitted after the deadline for submission would be returned un-opened.
- Bidders should not bid for more than two (2) Lots.
- All costs will be borne by the bidders.
- Category A & B: Only pre-qualified bidders will be contacted at a later date for financial bids opening while financial bids of un-successful bidders will be returned unopened.
- Category C: Only shortlisted firms will be invited at a later date for collection of Request for Proposals.
- The University of Uyo is not bound to pre-qualify any bidder and reserves the right to annul the procurement process at any time without incurring any liabilities in accordance with Section 28 of the Public Procurement Act 2007.
University of Uyo, Uyo
SOURCE: PUNCH NEWSPAPER