UNIVERSITY OF BENIN
BENIN CITY, NIGERIA
YEAR 2012-2015 (MERGED) TETFUND INTERVENTION IN LIBRARY DEVELOPMENT
INVITATION FOR TENDER
The University of Benin, Benin City intends to execute the approved years 2012-2015 (Merged) TETFund Intervention in Library Development. Interested, competent and reputable companies are hereby invited to submit their Technical and Financial Bids.
2.0 SCOPE OF TENDERS
The Projects for which the bids are invited are as follows:
LOT 1: Procurement of Assorted Books
LOT 2: Subscription to Electronic Resources (e-book & e-journals)
LOT 3: Procurement and Installation of Information and Communication Equipment (ICT)
LOT 4: Procurement and Installation of Library Furniture
LOT 5: Procurement Installation, Configuration and Training of Staff and Student on Student Thesis, Portal workflow, Web applications, Departmental access point, Hosting and Integration with UNIBEN Website.
3.1 ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS:
i. Evidence of Registration with Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) as a Limited Liability Company by inclusion of Certificate of Incorporation and Article of Association.
ii. Valid PENCOM Certificate in Compliance with the Amended Pension Reform Act 2014.
iii. Valid Industrial Training Fund (ITF) Certificate in Compliance with ITF Act 2005.
iv. National Social Insurance Trust Fund (NSITF) Compliance Certificate.
v. Company’s Current Tax Clearance Certificate (TCC) for the last three (3) years (2015, 2016 & 2017).
vi. Evidence of Registration on the National Database of Contractors, Consultants and Service Providers by attaching Interim Registration Report (IRR) or a valid Certificate by Bureau of Public Procurement (BPP).
vii. Evidence of Company’s Financial Strength and Credit worthiness and Solvency from the Company’s Banker(s).
viii. Audited Accounts of the Company for the last three (3) years (2015, 2016 & 2017) fully signed and stamped by a professional accounting/audit firm and signed by the client.
ix. Evidence of similar jobs completed/on-going by the company for the past four (4) years (2015, 2016 & 2017).
x. A copy of the memorandum of understanding (MoU) in case of Bidders in Joint Ventures (JV), Partners in Joint Venture must meet all eligibility criteria.
xi. Sworn affidavit certifying as follows:
• That the company is not in receivership, insolvency or bankruptcy
• That the company does not have any Director who has been convicted in any court in Nigeria or any other country for criminal offence in relation to fraud or financial impropriety.
• That no officer of the University of Benin or Bureau of Public Procurement is a former or present Director or shareholder of the company.
• That all information presented in the documents are true and correct in all particulars.
xii. The documents should be arranged in the order listed above.
4.0 COLLECTION OF TENDER DOCUMENTS
Tender document shall be made available to interested bidders at the University’s Procurement Office from the date of advert between the hours of 9:00am and 4:00pm daily on presentation of the receipt of non-refundable tender fee of N20,000.00 issued at UNIBEN Bursary Cash Office in respect of the Tender.
5.0 SUBMISSION OF TENDER DOCUMENTS
5.1 Completed Technical Bids shall be submitted in two hard copies versions in A4 sized paper, spiral bound, numbered serially and dully
signed by authorized signatories in a sealed envelope and labeled “Technical Bid” with Bidder’s name at the top right corner.
5.2 Completed Financial Bids shall be submitted in two hard copies versions in A4 sized paper, spiral bound, numbered serially and duly signed by authorized signatories in a sealed envelope and labeled “Financial Bid” with Bidders name at the top right corner.
5.3 The Technical Bid (5.1) and Financial Bid (5.2) should be enclosed in a sealed third large envelope and boldly marked with the name of the bidder and project name. this should be addressed to:
University of Benin,
And should be hand-delivered at Procurement Office, Uniben Water Scheme, University of Benin, Ugbowo Campus, Benin City, Edo State.
6.0 DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION
The document shall be submitted not later than12 noon on Monday 20th August, 2018.
7.0 OPENING OF TENDER DOCUMENTS
The Technical documents shall be opened immediately following the deadline for the submission of bids at the University Senate Chamber in the presence of all bidders and interested members of the public.
• The Tender fee is non-refundable
• Only Company whose technical bids fulfill the minimum requirements would have their financial bids considered for the next stage
• Failure to comply with the above requirement shall automatically result in the disqualification of a bidder
• The University management reserves the right to annul the selection process at any time without incurring any liabilities and attributing any reason thereof
• The University shall not be responsible for any cost incurred by the bidders in connection with response to this advertisement
• Participation in this process and any related process neither creates any commitment nor establishes any legal relationship with the University of Benin. It is merely a precondition for further consideration of the Tender.
A. O. Oshodin (Mrs.)