UNIVERSITY OF BENIN
BENIN CITY, NIGERIA
INVITATION TO TENDER
In compliance with Due Process requirements for Procurement for Goods and Services in Federal Government Ministries, Departments and Agencies, the University of Benin intends to execute the under-listed projects, through its internally generated revenue, invites interested, competent and reputable companies to submit their Technical and Financial bids.
2. SCOPE OF SUPPLIES
The Projects for which the bids are invited are as follows:
LOT 1a: Procurement of Official Vehicles
LOT 1b: Procurement of Operational Vehicles
LOT 2: Procurement of 30kva Sound Proof Diesel Generators
LOT 3: Procurement and Installation of Information and Communication Equipment (ICT)
LOT 4: Procurement of Laboratory Equipment
3. ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
Companies interested in bidding for any of the jobs must possess the following eligibility requirements:
i. Evidence of Certificate of Incorporation with Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) including Forms CAC2 and Form CAC7
ii. Evidence of Company’s Income Tax Clearance Certificate for the last three (3) years (2015, 2016 & 2017) valid till 31st December, 2018.
iii. Evidence of current Pension Compliance Certificate valid till 31st December, 2018.
iv. Evidence of current Industrial Training Fund (ITF) Compliance Certificate valid till 31st December, 2018.
v. Evidence of current Nigeria Social Insurance Trust Fund (NSITF) Compliance Certificate valid till 31st December, 2018.
vi. Evidence of Registration of the National Database of Federal Contractors, Consultants and Service Providers by submission of Interim Registration Report (IRR) expiring 1/1/2019 or valid Certificate issued by BPP.
vii. Sworn Affidavit:
– Disclosing whether or not any officer of the relevant committees of the University of Benin or the Bureau of Public Procurement is a former or present Director, Shareholder or has any pecuniary interest in the bidder and to confirm that all information presented in its bid are true and correct in all particulars.
– That the company is not in receivership, insolvency or bankruptcy
– That the company does not have any Director who has been convicted in any court in Nigeria or any other Country for criminal offence in relation to fraud or financial impropriety.
viii. Company’s Audited Accounts for the last three (3) years (2015, 2016, 2017).
ix. Evidence of financial capability to execute the project including Reference Letter from a reputable commercial bank indicating willingness to provide credit facility for the execution of the project when needed.
x. Company profile with the curriculum vitae of key staff to be deployed for the project, including copies of academic and professional qualifications.
xi. Verifiable documentary evidence of at least three (3) similar jobs executed in the last five (5) years including Letters of Awards, Valuation Certificates, Job Completion Certificates and Photographs of the Projects.
xii. Only companies included in the National Automotive Design and Development Council’s approved list of local manufacturers of vehicles or their authorized representatives should bid for Lot 1a and 1b.
xiii. All documents for submission must be transmitted with a covering/forwarding letter under the Company/Firm’s Letter Head Paper bearing amongst others, the Registration Number (RC) as issued by the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC), Contact Address, Telephone Numbers (preferably GSM No.), and e-mail address. The Letterhead Paper must bear the Names and Nationalities of the Directors of the Company at the bottom of the page, duly signed by the authorized officer of the Firm.
4. COLLECTION TO TENDER DOCUMENTS
Tender Document is available for collection at the University’s Procurement Office, Room 2 (Upstairs) Uniben Water Scheme, University of Benin between the hours of 9:00am and 4:00pm daily on presentation of the tender receipt of non-refundable tender fee of N10,000.00 per Lot paid into the University of Benin’s Remita’s Account in any reputable commercial bank in Nigeria.
5. SUBMISSION OF TENDER DOCUMENTS
Completed Technical Bids shall be submitted in two hard copies versions in A4 sized paper, spiral bound, numbered serially and duly signed by authorized signatories in a sealed envelope and labeled “Technical Bid” with Bidder’s name at the top right corner. Completed Financial Bids shall be submitted in two hard copies versions in A4 sized paper, spiral bound, numbered serially and dully signed by authorized signatories in a sealed envelope and labeled “Financial Bid” with bidders name at the top right corner. The Technical Bid and Financial Bid should be enclosed in sealed third large and boldly marked with the name of the bidder and project name. this should be addressed to: The Registrar, University of Benin, P.M.B. 1154, Benin City, and should be hand-delivered at Procurement Office, Room 2 (Upstairs) Uniben Water Scheme, University of Benin, Ugbowo Campus, Benin City, Edo State not later than 12:00 noon on Tuesday, 13th November, 2018.
6. OPENING OF TENDER DOCUMENTS
The Technical documents shall be opened immediately following the deadline for submission at 12.00 noon on Tuesday, 13th November, 2018 at the University Senate Chamber in the presence of all bidders and interested members of the public.
• The documents should be arranged in the order listed above
• Only pre-qualified bidders will be invited at a later date for financial bid opening while the financial bids of unsuccessful bidders will be returned unopened.
• Failure to comply with the above requirements shall automatically result in the disqualification of a bidder.
• The University Management reserves the right to verify the authenticity of any claim made in the Tender Documents submitted by bidders.
• The University Management reserves the right to annul the selection process at any time without incurring any liabilities and attributing any reason thereof.
• The University shall not be responsible for any cost incurred by the bidders in connection with response to this advertisement.
• Participation in the process and any related process neither creates any commitment nor established any legal relationship with the University of Benin. It is merely a precondition for further consideration of the Tender.
O. A. Oshodin (Mrs.)
SOURCE: DAILY TRUST