UNIVERSITY COLLEGE HOSPITAL, IBADAN, NIGERIA
REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL (RFP) FOR FEASIBILITY STUDIES FOR THE ESTABLISHMENT OF A NATIONAL MEDICINES AVAILABILITY/BIOEQUIVALENCE (BA/BE) CENTRE AT THE UNIVERSITY COLLEGE HOSPITAL, IBADAN
The University College Hospital, Ibadan (UCH), a tertiary hospital in Oyo State, South West Nigeria, wants to establish a National Medicines Bioequivalence Centre. It is therefore accepting proposals in response to this Request for Proposal (RfP) in order to find a qualified source to provide a feasibility study for the purpose. Our goal is to carry out feasibility on the possibility of establishing a Centre:
- To undertake studies that will determine if generic formulations have similar quality, purity, efficacy and safety characteristics to the corresponding brand (innovator) formulation and thus guide interchangeability of a generic drug product with its respective innovator product.
- To carry out BA-BE studies that will enhance NAFDAC’s regulatory activities and be a pre-requisite for medicine registration and detection of substandard and falsified products.
- To evaluate or determine if the generally acclaimed pharmaceutical/chemical equivalent medicines circulating in the region also exhibit bioequivalence in vivo while evaluating BA/BE of numerous brands of antimalarial drugs (including ACT’s) as a pilot for ensuring adequate generic substitution.
- To train and develop capacity of the upcoming scientists, regulators, and other professionals on BA/BE and clinical drug studies and provide a platform for the conduct of all phases of clinical trials on new and existing drugs.
- The University College Hospital, Ibadan hereby invites qualified individuals or firms with prior consulting experience to submit proposals in response to this Request for Proposal.
- PROJECT SCOPE
The successful bidder will be expected to provide more details into the scope of work and methodology.
The criteria set forth below should be met to achieve successful completion of the project:
- A written documentation of project methods, comprehensive project report and recommendations with timelines.
- A comprehensive costing of all necessary requirements to establish and maintain such a Centre to carter for at least 100 studies per year.
- A comprehensive description of all the Equipment needed to establish such a Centre as described above.
- A forecast of national needs for a bioequivalence Centre for the next five (5) years in Nigeria.
- A detailed description on human resources needs for such a Centre.
- A comprehensive description of certifications needed to operate such a centre.
- ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
Only qualified individuals or firms with prior consulting experience should submit proposals in response to this Request for Proposal. All Proposals should include the following:
- A technical proposal that is not more than 35 pages. This technical proposal must provide an overview of the proposed solution as well as the resume of all key personnel performing the work. in addition, the technical proposal should provide a proposed schedule and milestones, as applicable.
- Certified copy of Certificate of Incorporation with the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) of Nigeria
- Certified True Copy of particulars of Directors.
- Current Tax Clearance Certificate for years 2014, 2015 & 2016.
- Evidence of current Value Added Tax registration and remittance with Tax Identification Number.
- Three (3) years (unabridged) company audited Annual Report (2014, 2015 & 2016) certified by a Chartered Accountant or an Auditor.
- Evidence of current Nigerian Social Insurance Trust Fund (NSITF) Compliance Certificate valid till year ending December 2018.
- Evidence of Financial Capability /Reference letter from a reputable bank.
- Evidence of current Certificate of Compliance from the Industrial Training Fund (ITF) in compliance with the ITF Act, 2011, valid till year ending December 2018.
- Evidence of current Certificate of Compliance from the Pension Commission (PENCOM) in compliance with the amended PENCOM Reform Act 2014, valid till year ending December 2018.
- Letter of Reference Act 2014, valid for year ending December 2018 been carried out and delivered within the last three (3) years. Please provide sufficient details for ease of validation.
- Registration on the National Database of Contractors, Consultants and Suppliers by inclusion of Interim Registration Report (IRR) issued by the Bureau of Public Procurement (BPP) 2018.
- Current Sworn Affidavit disclosing:
- That the company/organization is not in receivership, insolvent or bankrupt;
- That the company/organization does not have any Director who has ever been convicted in any court in Nigeria or any other country for criminal offence(s) in relation to fraud or financial impropriety;
- Whether or not any officer of the relevant Committees of the University College Hospital, Ibadan or Bureau of Public Procurement was/is a former or present Director, shareholder or has any pecuniary interest in the bidding;
- That all documents submitted are true and correct in all particulars.
- Letter of Consent to allow for verification of all documents submitted including CAC, Inland Revenue, VAT remittances, Pension & Industrial Training Fund and company’s financial standing with the bankers.
- SUBMISSION OF DOCUMENTS
The above listed documents must be put in a sealed envelope clearly marked “Request for Proposal” in two (2Nos) sets, but not in any way bearing the identity of the bidder. It should be addressed to:
The Chief Medical Director,
University College Hospital,
The sealed documents should be deposited in the Tenders Box in the office of the Deputy Director (Procurement) UCH, Ibadan, Nigeria.
- CLOSING DATE AND OPENING OF BIDS
Submission of RfP document closes on 5th March, 2018 at 12.00noon. Any document received after this stated date and time will not be considered. The submitted documents will be opened on the same day 5th March, 2018 by 12.00noon at the Omolade Alade Hall of the School of Nursing, UCH, Ibadan. Bidders or their representatives are required to be present at the event.
- IMPORTANT NOTICE
Only “Request for Proposal” that fulfills the above requirements and submitted within the stipulated dates shall be given consideration. Notwithstanding, the University College Hospital, Ibadan reserves the right to reject or accept any or all submissions and her decision shall be final. This advertisement for invitation shall neither be construed as a commitment on the part of the UCH, Ibadan nor shall it entitle any contractor to make any claim whatsoever and/or seek any indemnity from the UCH, Ibadan.
Deputy Director (Procurement)
For: Chief Medical Director
SOURCE: FEDERAL TENDERS JOURNAL