PROJECT IMPLEMENTATION UNIT (TCN-AfDB PIU)
INVITATION FOR PRE-QUALIFICATION
NAME OF PROJECT: NIGERIA TRANSMISSION EXPANSION PROJECT (NTEP 1)
CONTRACT TITLE: ENGINEERING DESIGN, PROCUREMENT, MANUFACTURE, SUPPLY, CONSTRUCTION & COMMISSIONING OF 330/132/33KV & 132/33KV SUBSTATIONS
REFERENCE NO: TCN/PIU/AfDB/NTEP 1/SS/001
DATE: 4TH JULY, 2019
- The Federal Republic of Nigeria has applied for financing from the African Development Bank toward the cost of the Nigeria Transmission Company Expansion Project (NTEP 1), and intends to apply part of the proceeds toward payments under the contract for the Engineering Design, Procurement, Manufacture, Supply, Construction & Commissioning of 330/132/33KV & 132/33KV Substations.
- The Transmission Company of Nigeria Plc – Project Implementation Unit TCN (AfDB PIU) intends to prequalify contractors for the Engineering Design, Procurement, Manufacture, Supply, Construction & Commissioning of 330/132/33KV & 132/33KV Substations as follows:
- Construction of 2x150MVA, 330/132/33KV & 2x60MVA, 132/33KV complete Substation at New Zaria, with 4x330KV, 4x132kV line bays and 6x33KV feeder bays.
- Construction of 2x60MVA, 132/33KV complete Substation Turn in-out on the existing Kaduna-Zaria 132KV double circuit transmission line at Jaji, with 2x132KV line bays and 6x33KV feeder bays.
- Construction of 2x150MVA, 330/132KV & 2x60MVA, 132/33KV complete substation on the existing Kaduna-Jos single circuit transmission line at Millennium city Kaduna, with 2x330KV, 4x132KV line bays and 6x33KV feeder bays.
- Construction of 2x60MVA, 132/33KV complete substation including 4x132KV line bays and 6x33KV feeder bays ay Rigasa.
Details of the above descriptions and scope of work are contained in the Prequalification Documents. It is expected that the Request for Bids will be made in October, 2019.
- Prequalification will be conducted through the procedures as specified in the African Development Bank’s Standard Prequalification Document for Procurement of Works (SPQD), revised in July, 2012 and is open to all eligible Applicants as defined in the Procurement guidelines.
- Interested eligible Applicants may obtain further information from the Transmission Company of Nigeria Plc, Project Implementation Unit TCN (AfDB PIU) – Engr. A. M. Abdulazeez, [email protected], [email protected]& [email protected]at the address (1) below during office hours 0900 to 1700 hours. A complete set of prequalification document comprising of Lots 1 & 2 in English language may be purchased by interested Applicants on the submission of written application to any of the addressed below and upon payment of a non-refundable fee of Sixty Thousand Naira (NGN60,000.00)per Lot through the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) Remita platform payable to the Transmission Company of Nigeria –TSP with obtained Remita Retrieval Reference (RRR) print-out or through CBN/TCN ACCESS BANK UK Account No. 25000115008 payable to the Transmission Company of Nigeria – TSP with obtained SWIFT print-out, before collection of the Tender document. the pre-qualification Document shall be sent by Courier upon additional payment of Twelve Thousand Naira (NGN12,000.00) for places within Nigeria or Thirty Thousand Naira (NGN30,000.00) for Europe and West Africa and Fifty Thousand Naira (NGN50,000.00)for all other countries not later than three (3) weeks from the date of publication to cover the delivery.
- Firms that cannot meet the following key qualification requirements need not to apply in the Prequalification Process:
- Average annual turnover requirement
Minimum average annual turnover of;
- Lot 1 – One hundred and twenty-one Million US Dollars
- Lot 2 – One hundred and forty-three Million, Five hundred thousand US Dollars (US$143,500,000.00)
Calculated as total certified payments received for contracts in progress and/or completed, within the last five (5) years.
- Financial resources:
The Applicant shall demonstrate that it has access to, or has available liquid assets, unencumbered real assets, line or credit, and other financial means (independent of any contractual advance payment) sufficient to meet the construction cash flow requirements estimated as follows:
- Lot 1 – Four Million, Eight hundred thousand US Dollars (US$4,800,000.00)
- Lot 2 – Five Million, Three hundred thousand US Dollars (US$5,300,000.00)
- Specific Experience:
A minimum of five (5) number similar contracts specified below with at least two (2) contracts that have been satisfactorily completed as a prime contractor, joint venture member, management contractor or subcontractor between 4th March, 2014 and Application submission deadline:
Two (2Nos) Contracts, each of minimum value as follows:
- Lot 1 – Forty Million, Three hundred thousand US Dollars (US$40,300,000.00)
- Lot 2 – Forty-five Million US Dollars (US$45,000,000.00)
It is required that two of the five contracts should be outside the bidders’ home base (with at least one in Africa, or similar environment as an added advantage).
- Applications for prequalification should be submitted to Address (1) below in clearly marked envelopes and delivered to the address below by 12:00 noon on Thursday 15th August, 2019. Late applications will be rejected.
Transmission Company of Nigeria – Project Implementation Unit TCN (AfDB PIU)
Attention: Engr. A.M. Abdulazeez – Project Manager TCN (AfDB PIU)
Plot 1285, Wikki Spring Street, Maitama Extension,
Abuja 900271, Nigeria
Tel: +23480 3601 6532
Engr. V.G. Adewumi-Head (TSP)
Transmission Company of Nigeria
No.14, Zambezi Crescent, Maitama, Abuja, Nigeria.
SOURCE: DAILY TRUST