AGRO-PROCESSING, PRODUCTIVITY ENHANCEMENT AND LIVELIHOOD IMPROVEMENT SUPPORT (APPEALS) PROJECT
KADUNA STATE COORDINATION OFFICE
NAME OF PROJECT: AGRO-PROCESSING PRODUCTIVITY ENHANCEMENT AND LIVELIHOOD IMPROVEMENT SUPPORT (APPEALS) PROJECT
CREDIT NO: 533390-NG
EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI)
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST TO PARTICIPATE IN KADUNA STATE APPEALS PROJECT
PROJECT WOMEN AND YOUTH EMPOWERMENT PROGRAM (WYEP)
This request for expression of interest follows the General Procurement Notice (GPN) for the Agro-Processing, Productivity Enhancement and Livelihood Improvement Support (APPEALS) Project which appeared in This Day Newspaper and Daily Trust Newspaper both of Monday September 3rd, 2018.
The Kaduna State Government through the Federal Government of Nigeria has received a credit from the International Development Association (herein referred to as IDA) towards the cost of the project and it intends to apply part of the proceeds of this credit payments under the contract for providing training and empowerment to women, youth and People with Disability & Special Needs. The APPEALS WYEP program component is looking to encourage Youth and Women to become agricultural entrepreneurs in a profitable and sustainable way. The program offers training and potential funding to prospective and selected agribusiness owners who are interested in operating a business in any three segments of production, processing and marketing across any of the following eleven (11) value chains – Poultry, Rice, Maize, Cassava, Cashew, Dairy, Tomatoes, Wheat, Cocoa, Ginger and Aquaculture.
The objective of this request for expression of interest is to enable APPEALS select qualified applicants in the State for the program.
- Age requirement: between 18-40 years as at December 2018. (Women older than 40 years are also encouraged to apply)
- Education: youth must have a minimum of WASC/SSC/GCE/NECO/NABTEB or equivalent (minimum education requirement does not apply to women older than 40 years).
- People with Disability & Special Needs (Be literate in English but no minimum education requirement)
- Must be a resident of KadunaState with verifiable address
- Must be ready to engage on already engaged in any of the eleven value chains supported by the Project
- Must have evidence of access to land/Space/Facility (ies) within the State for the establishment of his/her selected enterprise.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Interested eligible applicants who wish to participate in this programme must submit),collect, fill and return duly completed free application form within two (2) weeks; to this address (Kaduna State Agro Processing, Productivity Enhancement and Livelihood Improvement Support Project, KADA Complex, No. 1, Aliyu Makama Road by Gashash Road, Barnawa Kaduna South). Completed application forms with the following documents, are to be submitted to the same address above.
Completed application form should be addressed to the State Project Coordinator, along with the following:
- Photocopies of the under-listed credentials:
- Primary School Leaving Certificate (where applicable)
- WASC/SSCE/GCE/NECO/NABTEB (where applicable)
- Higher education certificates (NCE, OND, HND, B.SC, and M.SC. etc.) (where applicable)
- Birth Certificate/Age Declaration
- Reference Letter from Local Government Chairman
- Two (2) recent passport photographs (coloured)
- That Male above 40 years of age are NOT eligible to apply EXCEPT Persons With Disability & Special Needs (PWDSN)
- That selection of applicants for training will be in line with the World Bank Procurement Guidelines
- That selection of successful applicants for empowerment will be based on performance at the training programme and submission of viable business plan
- That failure to attach the required credentials and submission of multiple applications will automatically lead to disqualification.
Submission of Application closes at 4pm, on Tuesday 21stMay, 2019
For further information, call or send an email to:
State Project Coordinator,
Kaduna State Agro-Processing, Productivity Enhancement and Livelihood Improvement Support (APPEALS) Project Office
Kaduna Agricultural Development Agency Complex,
No. 1 Aliyu Makama Road by Gashash Road, Barnawa
Kaduna South Nigeria.
Tel: 08064579796, 09053269435
E-mail: [email protected]
SOURCE: DAILY TRUST