THE NIGERIAN URBAN REPRODUCTIVE HEALTH INITIATIVE (NURHI 2)
REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS
The Nigerian Urban Reproductive Health Initiative (NURHI 2) is designed to increase demand for modern contraceptives in Lagos, Kaduna and Oyo States ultimately leading to an increase in family planning uptake thereby contributing to attainment of the Nigeria FP 2020 Blueprint goal. It is an extension of the successful NURHI Phase 1 Project, and will run from 2015 – 2020. NURHI 2 is implementing the “Get It Together” Campaign. Kindly visit www.nurhitookIkit.org for more details about the project.
NURHI 2 would now like to produce television mini-dramas and TV and radio spots based on “transmedia” characters from the Season 3 radio drama series in all three states.
SCOPE OF WORK
NURHI 2 is looking for an organization/company to script and produce the radio and TV materials, featuring characters from the Season 3 NURHI 2 radio programmes in Kaduna, Oyo and Lagos States. Depending on costs, NURHI 2 will produce either Option A or Option B.
The organization/company will be responsible for the following:
• Selection of scriptwriters in collaboration with NURHI 2: the vendor will identify three (1 each for Lagos, Oyo, and Kaduna) scriptwriters able to script in English & Yoruba (Oyo and Lagos), English & Hausa (Kaduna).
• Participation of scriptwriters in a 2-days workshop in Abuja during which scriptwriters will collaborate with technical experts from NURHI 2 and JHU/CCP to design the storylines for TV mini-series and TV and radio spots, based on characters from the radio programmes.
• Scripting and transmedia TV mini-drama series (6 episodes each) and transmedia TV and radio spots in English for the three states of Kaduna, Lagos and Oyo, based on storylines developed during the workshop.
• Revising English scripts according to comments from NURHI 2/JHU/CCP.
• Translating English scripts to local languages as described above for review by NURHI 2, and revising them accordingly.
• Preparing rough cuts for the TV spots and mini-drama episodes, and recordings of dramatic readings of radio spots for pretesting by NURHI 2.
• Revising scripts in English and local languages according to NURHI 2/JHU/CCP review comments and pretest findings. The vendor will be responsible for administering the process of scripting and revisions until approved by NURHI 2/JHU/CCP.
• Ensuring that the scripts are formatted correctly and that they do not exceed 60 seconds for spot scripts and 120 seconds for mini-drama scripts including introduction, call to action and end credits.
• Produce final broadcast-ready radio spots reflecting pretest and NURHI 2 review comments.
• Produce rough-cut TV spots and min-series (without sound effects, music, credits, titles) for NURHI 2 review.
• Produce final broadcast-ready TV spots and mini-series reflecting pretest and NURHI 2 inputs.
Interested parties should contact [email protected] for full Request for Proposals and Bidding Instructions not later than 4pm on July 10th 2018. All proposals should also be submitted to [email protected] by 11am July 17th, 2018 Nigerian time. All proposals, once submitted, shall constitute firm offers and may not be retracted for a period of ninety (90) days following their submission.
SOURCE: DAILY TRUST