SOCIETY FOR FAMILY HEALTH (SFH), NIGERIA
INVITATION TO PRE-QUALIFY FOR SELECTION AS INSURANCE BROKER
Society for Family Health (SFH) is an indigenous non-governmental, non-political and charitable organization that supports the Nigerian Government’s efforts in public health interventions. Our activities focus on Child Health, Family Planning, HIV & AIDS, Maternal and Reproductive Health and Safe Water Systems. SFH’s head office is in Abuja with twenty three (23) offices in the six geo-political zones of Nigeria. The mission of SFH is to empower Nigerians, particularly the poor and vulnerable to lead healthier lives. Working with the public and private sector, SFH utilizes social marketing and behaviour change communities to improve access to essential health information, services and products; and promote the adoption of healthy behaviours.
SFH invites reputable and competent organizations to pre-qualify to be selected as Insurance Brokers. SFH intends to engage two (2) Insurance Brokers from this process. These brokers will be responsible for Group Life and General Insurance cover respectively. SFH will coordinate funding and provide technical support to the organizations that engage as Insurance Brokers.
The duration for this engagement will be for a two years period with the possibility of an extension.
Objective of Services:
The objective of this service is to engage a reputable insurance broker that will assist SFH in optimizing its resources, preserving its assets and provide professional services and insurance brokerage for fixed assets and other risks.
Scope of Work:
The scope of work for the insurance broker includes but not limited to the following:
• Analyze SFH operations and provide SFH with professional advice on appropriate insurance cover for all of its insurable interests.
• Ensure SFH interests are protected providing information on insurance administrative procedures, products and directing SFH in the selection of the best insurance products.
• Ensure cost effectiveness and savings on insurance premiums.
• Liaise between the insurance underwriters and SFH for efficient administration of the insurance policies.
• Ensure prompt policy renewals
• Claims management and facilitation of claims payment
• Provide quarterly update on the insurance policy status
• Carry out any other assignment relating to the insurance cover given to SFH.
A. Eligibility Criteria:
To be eligible for consideration, interested organizations must submit tender documentation that includes the following:
• Original certified true copy (by the Corporate Affairs Commission) of the company’s Certificate of Registration
• Evidence of registration with the Nigeria Council of Registered Insurance Brokers (NCRIB)
• Original certified true copy (by NAICOM) of the company’s current license to operate as an Insurance Broker
• Company’s published audited accounts for the years ended 2014, 2015 & 2016
• Certified true copy (by the Internal Revenue Service) of tax clearance Certificates for the last 3 years as well as the current VAT registration
• A profile of Management staff/technical staff of the company with their qualification and insurance working experience.
• Certificate of insurance in respect of professional indemnity cover
• Provision of a statement signed by the company’s CEO of its staff strength and addresses/locations.
• Evidence of compliance with the provisions of the Pension Reform Act 2004 as they relate to pensions – Pensions Registration and Group Life Insurance certificates to be included.
NOTE: Bidders employing or having in their management structure SFH staff members and family, are exempted from participating in this bid.
B. Evaluation and Selection of Brokers:
• A technical panel will be constituted to review the submissions and shortlist Applicants to proceed to the next stage of Request for Proposal (RfP) based on the criteria listed above.
• At this stage, a ‘yes’ or ‘no’ qualifier will be used to rate all the points above, and only companies with a ‘yes’ response against all the points above will be considered for the next stage.
• All costs incurred by bidders as a result of this process and any subsequent requests for information shall be borne by the bidding companies.
• Only companies that satisfy the Pre-qualification requirements will be contacted with Requests for Proposal (RfP) document.
• This advertisement shall not be construed as a commitment on the part of SFH to appoint any broker nor shall it entitle any broker to claim any indemnity from SFH.
• Bids are to be submitted in a sealed envelope; SFH will not be held liable for the outcome of any bid received unsealed.
Submission of Application /Closing Date:
The code “SFH/INS-2018” should be boldly written on the top right corner of the Pre-qualification Stage submission envelope. Name of organization tendering should also be clearly written on the rear of the envelope. Failure to do this will lead to disqualification.
This sealed envelope containing two (2) hard copies of the submission should be forwarded to the address below:
The Head, Procurement Division,
Society for Family Health (SFH)
8 Port-Harcourt Crescent
Area 11, Garki, Abuja
P.M.B. 5116, Wuse, Abuja.
NOTE: The closing date for receiving the application is 21st of August, 2018. Any application received after this deadline will not be accepted.
SOURCE: DAILY TRUST