RURAL WATER SUPPLY AND SANITATION SUB-PROGRAM IN YOBE STATE
Date: 27th November, 2017
IFB No: YB/RWSS/SERVICES/01/2017
Loan No: 2100150015645
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST(S) (EOI) FOR RAPID NEED ASSESSMENT FOR LIVELIHOOD SUPPORT PROJECT IN GUJBA, GULANI, GEIDAM AND YUNUSARI LGAs OF YOBE STATE
SELECTION BASED ON THE CONSULTANTS’ QUALIFICATIONS (CQS)
- The Federal Government of Nigeria has received financing from the African Development Fund (ADF) towards the cost of the Rural Water Supply and Sanitation Sub-programme in Yobe State and intends to apply a portion of the proceeds of the loan to eligible payments under the contracts for Assessment for Livelihood Support in Gujba, Gulani, Geidam and Yunusari LGAs of Yobe State.
Sequel to the technical defeat of the insurgency in the Northeast, Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs) returned to their original communities without mean of livelihood especially in the four (4) most affected Local Government Areas, namely Gujba, Gulani, Geidam and Yunusari. The programme intends to provide livelihood Support Empowerment for the returnees. The support includes the provision of small ruminants, poultry production, animal traction etc.
The overall objective of the project is to contribute to peaceful co-existence and protection of shared environment, creation of sustainable livelihoods, food security and improved self-reliance among returnees. The ultimate goal is to assist in finding sustainable solutions that will allow them to rebuild their lives in dignity.
- SCOPE OF WORK
Assignment /Activities: RAPID NEED ASSESSMENT FOR LIVELIHOOD SUPPORT PROJECT IN 60 SELECTED COMMUNITIES OF GUJBA, GULANI, GEIDAM AND YUNUSARI LGAs
- The NGO will be responsible for assessing and compiling existing socio-economic data, conduct necessary assessments, review on going livelihoods activities and local development plans.
- The NGO will ensure the livelihood strategy is developed through consultative process involving the participation and contribution of representatives of the returnee communities.
- The NGO is expected to select 60 returnee communities in the 4 LGAs mentioned above.
- The consultant shall identify and select 5,202 most vulnerable persons including women.
- The consultant shall ensure the distribution of livelihood items procured to the selected beneficiaries.
This activity shall be carried out by a team of experts with disciplines preferably in humanities and social sciences and support staff with women inclusive.
Duration: 3 weeks
- The Yobe State Programme Implementation Unit (SPIU) now invites expression of interest and information from your NGO to bid for the right to carry out the assignment.
You must provide information indicating that you are qualified to perform the assignment (brochures, description of similar assignments, evidence of accomplishment of similar assignment, experience in similar conditions, availability of appropriate skills among staff, etc.).
You are therefore expected to provide the following information:
- General organizational capability and resources (staffing, years of experience in the above field).
- Experience profile (services description, services amount and contracting organization/ entity, evidence of similar jobs undertaken).
- The following are key criteria for selection of NGOs:
- Should have a corporate registration of not less than 2 years.
- Should have annual financial statements.
- Should have enough manpower i.e. expertise and other facilities to conduct entire exercise on its own.
Inclusion of women experts is desirable.
- Should have proven experience in carrying out similar assignments.
- Should have experience of working in fragile situations e.g. North-Eastern Nigeria.
- Should have adequate experience in rural development and climatic patterns of the operation areas.
- Should have evidence of producing a good consultancy report in English.
Expression of Interest (EOI) for the execution of the assignment should reach the address below on or before 2nd December, 2017 by 4:00 PM.
The Programme Manager
AfDB – Assisted Rural Water Supply
And Sanitation Sub-Programme Yobe State
Flat A6 and A7 300 Housing Units
Near Mega Filling Station
Along Maiduguri Road, Damaturu
E-mail: [email protected]
Tel: +234 8036246886
SOURCE: DAILY TRUST