RURAL ELECTRIFICATION AGENCY
INVITATION FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI) FOR THE APPOINTMENT OF A TRUST FUND MANAGER (TFM) FOR THE RURAL ELECTRIFICATION FUND
The Federal Government of Nigeria through the Rural Electrification Agency (REA) is desirous of embarking on rural electrification programmes in partnership with private investors. The projects will be partly funded by capital grants provided to eligible developers from the Rural Electrification Fund (REF). in accordance with Section 88 (11) of the Electric Power Sector Reform (EPSR) Act 2005 and further to its mandate as administrator of the REF, the REA now seeks to engage the services of a reputable institution to act as a Trust Fund Manager (TFM) for the REF.
2.0 ROLE OF THE TRUST FUND MANAGER (TFM)
The TFM will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
1. Administration of grant payments, including financial disbursement, verification and monitoring activities as agreed with the Board of the Rural Electrification Agency (REA).
2. Follow the policies and procedures developed by the REA and the trustee functions described in the Terms of Reference (TOR) and Memorandum of Understanding (MOU).
3. Have full fiduciary responsibility and accountability of the REF.
4. Manage the disbursements of the REF in line with Rural Electrification Strategy and Implementation Plan (RESIP) and international best practices.
5. Invest and grow the REF in Treasury Bills, Bands and other investments, as may be approved by REA Board from time to time.
NOTE: A more detailed Terms of Reference shall be incorporated in the Request for Proposal.
3.0 ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
i. Certificate of Incorporation with Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) with copies forms CO2 and CO7 attached.
ii. Evidence of Registration with the Securities and Exchange Commission as Fund/Portfolio Manager.
iii. Three (3) years Tax Clearance Certificate (2014, 2015 and 2016) expiring 31st December, 2017.
iv. Three (3) years Audited Account Statements, (2014, 2015 and 2016) duly signed, sealed and stamped by a certified Auditor(s).
v. Current Nigerian Social Insurance Trust Fund (NSITF) Certificate of Compliance
vi. Current Industrial Training Fund (ITF) Certificate of Compliance.
vii. Current Certificate of Compliance with the Pension Reform Act 2004 and 2014 (as amended) issued by the National Pension Commission (PENCOM).
viii. Evidence of current Registration with Financial Reporting Council of Nigeria.
ix. Evidence of necessary Professional and Technical Qualification to deliver the obligation of the contract (At least two of the key personnel should possess one of the following Professional Qualifications: Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN), Association of National Accountants of Nigeria (ANAN), Chartered Institute of Bankers of Nigeria (CIBN), Chartered Institute of Stockbrokers (CIS).
x. Evidence of experience of having managed a Fund Portfolio of not less than N2.5 billion in the last five years.
xi. Sworn Affidavit attesting to the following:
a) That the company is presently NOT in receivership, or subject of any form of insolvency or bankruptcy or winding up petition or proceedings.
b) That no Director of the company has ever been convicted in any country of any criminal offence, relating to fraud or financial impropriety or criminal misrepresentation of facts or falsification of facts.
c) That no officer of the Rural Electrification Agency or Bureau of Public Procurement (BPP) is a former or present director, shareholder or has any pecuniary interest in the bidder.
d) That all information presented in its bid are true and correct in all particulars.
xii. Attach documents and furnish all information relating to any changes of status, names, mergers and or acquisition in respect of the company.
xiii. Organizations applying as a Joint Venture (JV) must attach proof that each member of the JV meets all the eligibility criteria stipulated above.
xiv. Applicants who constitute a consortium shall disclose their status and ensure that the lead firm has all the eligibility criteria.
4.0 METHOD OF SUBMISSION
1. All submissions should include a forwarding letter on the company’s letterhead, duly signed by the Chief Executive Officer of the firm
2. Interested applicants shall submit 3 (three) spirally bound hard copies i.e. one original and two duplicate copies in A4 size papers, together with a CD or Flash Drive containing scanned copies of the Expression of Interest, all of which should be enclosed in a sealed envelope. The envelope shall be marked at the top left corner with: “Expression of Interest for TFM 2018”.
3. The outer envelope should be addressed to:
Rural Electrification Agency,
22 Freetown Street,
Wuse 2, Abuja.
4. The reverse side of all envelopes used must bear the Applicant Company’s name and address and the authorized person’s contact phone numbers (all written out in capital letters).
5. Applicants must hand-deliver their completed EOI Envelopes to the tamper-proof Tender boxes on the ground floor of REA Corporate Headquarters, 22 Freetown Street, Wuse II, Abuja, after obtaining a bid Acknowledgement Receipt from the desk officer responsible for acceptance of EOIs. The advance copy of the scanned EOI documents may be sent via email to [email protected] as a PDF File not exceeding a total of 20MB in size but shall on no account be regarded as a substitute for the Envelope submissions.
6. Submission deadline is 12:00 noon on Monday, 26th of March 2018. Documents received after the deadline shall be rejected and returned unopened to the bidders who submitted them.
7. The opening of the received EOI documents shall commence immediately following the submission deadline on 26th March, 2018 at the fountain Hall, Rockview Hotel (Royale), Adetokunbo Ademola Crescent, Wuse II, Abuja.
1. Application documents should be arranged and numbered or paged serially and the authorized representative of the Firm should sign every page of the submission.
2. Applicants are encouraged to attend or send representatives to the EoI opening function on the stated date.
3. This advertisement is for information purposes only and should not be misconstrued as a commitment or an obligation on the part of the Agency to transact with any party or to award a contract.
4. The REA is not bound to consider any bid or EoI and reserves the right to reject all bids or cancel this procurement proceeding at any time before the award of contract without incurring liabilities to itself.
CANCELLATION OF PREVIOUS CALL FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
This advertisement supersedes our previous advertisement in Federal Tenders Journal of Monday November 27 – Sunday December 10, 2017, Daily Trust and The Guardian newspapers of November 27, 2017 calling for Expression of Interest for TA/TFM. That process has been cancelled due to circumstances beyond the Agency’s control. The Agency regrets all inconveniences this might cause those who had responded to the earlier call, who should now re-apply if they still wish to participate in the process.
All enquiries and requests for clarification regarding this Invitation may be directed to:
Executive Director, Rural Electrification Fund
Rural Electrification Agency,
22 Freetown Street,
Wuse 2, Abuja
SOURCE: DAILY TRUST