PLATEAU STATE POTATO VALUE CHAIN SUPPORT PROJECT
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST FOR INDIVIDUAL CONSULTING SERVICES FOR THE PREPARATION OF BASELINE SURVEY
Financing Agreement reference: 2100150037297
Project ID No.: P-NG-A00-008
Title: Individual Consultant
This Request for Expression of Interest follows the General Procurement Notice for this Project that appeared in Development Business No. AfDB 75-0/18 of January 26, 2018.
The Government of the Federal Republic of Nigeria/Plateau State Government has received financing from the African Development Bank toward the cost of the Plateau State Potato Value Chain Support Project, and intends to apply part of the proceeds for this loan to payments under the contract for Plateau State Potato Value Chain Support Project/Baseline Survey. The Baseline Survey is expected to validate the identified performance indicators (impacts outcomes and outputs) select appropriate samples for measurement of indicators and accurate data.
The services included under this project are as follows:
• The Consultant shall understand the current livelihoods status of the targeted beneficiaries and assist in identifying beneficiaries needs and priorities;
• Generate information and data that will strengthen and support project planning, monitoring and evaluation plans, strategies, methodologies especially for setting the appropriate and achievable targets on the KPIs as contained in the project logframe;
• Generate information and data for setting the baseline figures for all the indicators in the logframe on LGA’s basis (refer to the national baseline figures in the logframe), and also set baseline figures for the outcome and impact indicators that were not available (n/a) during the Bank’s appraisal mission of October, 2016 particularly the income and job indicators (see the project logframe for guidance);
• Study the project Logical Framework on the baseline information gathered and set realistic and achievable yearly targets (Y1 – Y2) for all the KPIs on LGA’s basis, that must add up or aggregate to the State targets (appraisal targets) as contained in the logframe, and then give guidance and advise on its management for results;
• Provide guidance and indicator definitions and measurement for all the KPIs as listed in the Project Logframe;
• Provide general baseline information on all aspects of the project (component-wise) by which project performance, efficiency, effectiveness and impact can eventually be measured;
• Identify, document, assess and recommend key partners, commodity interest groups and stakeholders in the State for partnerships for successful implementation of the project;
• Identify, document, assess and recommend the progressive farmer groups, agro-dealers, commodity entrepreneurs, private sector actors etc. in the LGAs, and communities with documented profiling on the farmer groups, commodity interest groups, agro-dealers, and entrepreneurs; such information like focus commodities, names/location/contact details and contact persons of such groups and individuals for subsequent follow-up with the PVCMT;
• Provide baseline information on social inclusiveness, gender sensitivity and environmental considerations in the project areas, and give guidance on mainstreaming measures and strategies with specially attention to women, youths and physically challenged persons;
• Identify and give detailed possible project implementation challenges, constraints and make actionable recommendations.
The shortlisted candidates will be provided with the Terms of Reference that contains more detailed information about project objectives, scope of work, deliverables and other related issues.
The individual Consultant shall possess the following qualifications as stated below:
i. A minimum of M.Sc. degree in Agricultural Economics, Agriculture or related field.
ii. At least eight (8) years’ experience (as consultant) in assessing, evaluating donor funded agricultural development, trade and investment; and agro-processing/agribusiness improvement, and agricultural value chain projects.
iii. Experience as a team leader in at least two (2) similar assignments, preferably baseline study/survey/evaluation or agricultural development project.
iv. Experience in facilitation and providing leadership in collaborative and participatory evaluations with multiple stakeholders.
v. Excellent writing, communications and presentation skills.
The project now invites eligible consultant to indicate interest in providing these services.
Interested consultants must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services (curriculum vitae, description of similar assignments, experience in similar conditions, availability of appropriate skills etc.).
ASSUMPTION OF DUTIES AND DURATION OF CONTRACT
The successful applicant may be expected to assume duties in April, 2018. The duration of the contract is 21 non-consecutive working days over a period of 8 weeks.
Eligibility criteria, establishment of the shortlist and the selection procedure shall be in accordance with the African Development Bank’s “Procurement Policy and Methodology for Bank Group Funded Operations” (BPM), dated October 2015, which is available on the Bank’s website at http://www.afdb.org.
Interested consultant may obtain further information at the address below from Monday to Friday during office hours (8:00am – 4:00pm).
Expression of interest must be delivered to the address below by 21st March, 2018 at 4:00pm and indicate “Individual Consultant Services”.
Plateau Potato Value Chain Support Project
Attn: Thaddeus T. Yalwa
State Project Coordinator
C/O Plateau Agricultural Development Programme
P.M.B. 2119 Dogon Dutse, Jos Plateau State
E-mail: [email protected]
SOURCE: DAILY SUN