NIGERIAN PORTS AUTHORITY
26/28, MARINA LAGOS
PUBLIC NOTICE NO: 4014
ADDENDUM TO EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI) FOR THE PROVISION OF INDEPENDENT TRANSACTION ADVISORY SERVICES FOR PUBLIC PRIVATE PARTNERSHIP (PPP) FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF DEEP SEA PORTS – INTERNATIONAL COMPETITIVE BIDDING
The general public is invited to recall that Expression of Interest (EOI) was requested from reputable Consultants with proven track record to serve as Transaction Advisers for Private Partnership towards the development of three (3) deep sea ports in the Guardian and Daily Trust newspapers as well as Federal Tenders Journal of Monday, 12th June, 2017 and the Authority’s website.
The addendum to the earlier advertisement is hereby published with a revised title and scope of services for development of the following deep sea ports:
LOT NO: 1
DESCRIPTION OF PROJECT: Badagry Deep Sea Port, Lagos State
LOT NO: 2
DESCRIPTION OF PROJECT: Ibom Deep Sea Port, Akwa Ibom State
LOT NO: 3
DESCRIPTION OF PROJECT: Bakasi Deep Sea Port, Cross River State
Bidders are not allowed to bid for more than one (1) lot.
B. SCOPE OF SERVICES
The scope of the Consulting Services shall entail the following:
• Review of the Outline Business Case (OBC) in line with the National policy on PPP (NP4) and other infrastructure Concession Regulatory Commission (ICRC) guidelines;
• Review of a Full Business Case (FBC), including PPP transaction structuring up to handing over of the terminal; amongst others.
More information on the scope of services is contained in the Request for Proposal (RfP) to be issued to shortlisted firms.
C. ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
Interested companies should submit bound bid documents duly signed, paginated, separated by divider and arranged in the order outlined hereunder:
REQUIREMENTS (SOFT and HARD COPIES)
1. Evidence of Certificate of Incorporation with the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) including Form CO2 and CO7.
2. Evidence of Company Tax Clearance and Audited Account for the last three (3) years (2014, 2015 & 2016), duly signed by ANAN/ICAN license Auditors.
3. Evidence of current Pension Clearance Certificate from National Pension Commission (PENCOM).
4. Evidence of current compliance Certificate with Industrial Training Fund (ITF) Act No. 19 of 2011.
5. Evidence of Certificate of registration on the National Database of Contractors, Consultants and Service Providers by Bureau of Public Procurement (BPP) or copy of Interim Registration Report (IRR) as evidence of compliance with the requirement.
6. Bids must be in English Language and signed by an official authorized by the bidder.
7. All bids must be accompanied with sworn affidavit disclosing that the do not have any Director who has been convicted in any Country for any criminal offence relating to fraud or financial impropriety or criminal misinterpretation of falsification of fact relating to any matter.
8. All bids must be accompanied every bid with an affidavit disclosing whether or not any officer of the relevant committee of the Nigerian Ports Authority (NPA) or Bureau of Public Procurement (BPP) is a former or present director, shareholder or has any pecuniary interest in the bidder and confirm that all information presented in its bid are true and correct in all particulars.
9. Consultants must also provide the following documents to support the information indicating that they are qualified to perform the assignment;
• Company profile: Organization’s detail and net worth of the company;
• Status application: In case application is in association with other firms, the exact status of the application must be indicated (Joint Venture, Lead consultant and sub consultants etc.). Evidence must also be provided with respect to previous track record of the organizations collaborating and the location of staff undertaking such service.
• For Joint Venture (JV)/Partnership, Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) should be provided.
• Experience and technical competence: A summary of overall experience indicating relevant or similar assignment. The Transaction Adviser/consultant must also provide summary of appropriate skills of staff to undertake the service as well as demonstrate the technical expertise and competence to meet the technical objectives of these assignments (attach award letters/letter of engagement, completion certificates, personnel certificates and Curriculum Vitae (CV).
10. Evidence of successful completion of at least 5 (five) similar Transaction Advisory Services within the last 10 (ten) years submitted in a tabular format as stated below:
• Serial Number
• Name of Client
• Project Title
• Month/Year of Award
• Month/Year of Completion or delivery
• Contract value
• Brief scope of works
NOTE OF ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS:
• Items 1-5 above are applicable to National Companies only.
• Items 6-10 are applicable to both National and International Companies.
• Failure by National Companies to comply with items 1-8 above will lead to disqualification of the Expression of Interest.
• International Companies are to provide the following additional requirements:
a. Evidence of Certificate of Incorporation or company’s registration in the country of origin/home country.
b. Evidence of Tax Payment for the past Three (3) years (2014, 2015 & 2016) in the country of origin/home country
c. Failure by International Companies to comply with items 6, 7, 8 as well as (a) and (b) above will lead to disqualification of their Expression of Interest.
The prospective Transaction Adviser may consist of a single firm or a consortium of firms with specialists in the financial, legal, technical, PPP, social/environmental and other specialist expertise required to successfully bring the transaction to financial close. As evidence in item (9) above, the lead Transaction Adviser will have primary responsibility for liaising with the Nigerian Ports Authority and for managing the consortium’s advisory inputs as a whole.
D. SUBMISSION OF EXPRESSION OF INTEREST DOCUMENTS
Evaluation of bids received would be based on the following criteria:
- Company profile
- Experience of key personnel
- Evidence of similar job done within the last ten (10) years
- Physical inspection of office and equipment
- Verification of qualification of key personnel
- Financial capability
- In the case of a foreign company, evidence of affiliation or partnership with a local company.
E. SUBMISSION OF EXPRESSION OF INTEREST DOCUMENT
The Expression of Interest (EOI) documents are to be submitted in duplicate bounded hard copies (one (1) soft and two (2) hard copies of each), paginated and arranged with dividers as indicated above. The expression of interest documents should be submitted in sealed envelope and addressed to the “SECRETARY TO THE TENDER BOARD, NIGERIAN PORTS AUTHORITY” and clearly marked “EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI) FOR THE PROVISION OF TRANSACTION ADVISORY SERVICES FOR PUBLIC PRIVATE PARTNERSHIP (PPP) FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF DEEP SEA PORTS” Specifying PUBLIC NOTICE NO: 4014, LOT NO………… and dropped in the designated Tender Box located on the 1st floor headquarters Building, 26/28, Marina Lagos not later than 11:00am on Monday, 14th August, 2017.
All received proposals will be opened immediately at the close of submission in the Conference room, 3rd floor, 1 Joseph Street, off Marina, Lagos in the presence of bidders or their representatives who avail themselves. Please ensure that you sign the bid submission register in the office of the General Manager, Procurement as the Authority will not be held liable for misplaced or wrongly submitted bids. For further enquiries, please contact the “General Manager Procurement” on e-mail: [email protected]
Note that this Expression of Interest does not place any obligation on the Authority to consider any responding company for:
1. Award of Contract
2. Acceptance of any tender
All costs incurred as a result of this Expression of Interest and any subsequent requests for information shall be borne by the bidding companies. Late submission will not be entertained and any shortlisted companies will be contacted.
NIGERIAN PORTS AUTHORITY
SOURCE: DAILY TRUST