NIGERIAN PORTS AUTHORITY
26/28, MARINA LAGOS
PUBLIC NOTICE NO: 4017
EXPRESSION OF INTEREST TO ENGAGE THE SERVICES OF A TRANSACTION ADVISER TO CARRY OUT CONDITIONAL SURVEY OF FLOATING DOCK V AT DOCKYARD APAPA, LAGOS
Kindly recall that “Expression of Interest to Engage The Services Of a Transaction Adviser to carry out Conditional Survey of Floating Dock V at Dockyard Apapa, Lagos” was advertised as “PN 3997” in the Guardian and Daily Trust newspapers as well as Federal Tender Journal of Monday 3rd April 2017. However, all but one of the bids received for this project were not responsive which does not provide ample competition for the next stage of the procurement process.
To this end, the Authority hereby re-advertises this project to enable it ascertain the structural integrity, operability, current state and value of the asset. The consultant is to advice the Authority on the need to refurbish, upgrade or trade off, to achieve maximum operating capacity or make it ready to be sold.
B. TERMS OF ENGAGEMENT
The scope of the Consulting Services shall be and not limited to the following:
• Review the current state of the asset (structural integrity and operability).
• Carry out comprehensive superficial inspection.
• Review machinery performance history.
C. ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
Interested companies should submit bound bid documents duly signed, paginated, separated by dividers and arranged in the order outlined hereunder:
REQUIREMENTS (SOFT and HARD COPIES)
1. Evidence of Certificate of Incorporation with the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) including Form CO2 and CO7.
2. Evidence of Company Tax Clearance and Audited Account for the last three (3) years (2014, 2015 & 2016).
3. Evidence of current Pension Clearance Certificate from National Pension Commission (PENCOM).
4. Evidence of current compliance Certificate with Industrial Training Fund (ITF) Act No. 19 of 2011.
5. Evidence of Certificate of registration on the National Database of Contractors, Consultants and Service Providers by Bureau of Public Procurement (BPP) or copy of Interim Registration Report (IRR) as evidence of compliance with the requirement.
6. Bids must be in English Language and signed by an official authorized by the bidder.
7. All bids must be accompanied with sworn affidavit disclosing that the do not have any Director who has been convicted in any Country for any criminal offence relating to fraud or financial impropriety or criminal misinterpretation of falsification of fact relating to any matter.
8. All bids must be accompanied every bid with an affidavit disclosing whether or not any officer of the relevant committee of the Nigerian Ports Authority (NPA) or Bureau of Public Procurement (BPP) is a former or present director, shareholder or has any pecuniary interest in the bidder and confirm that all information presented in its bid are true and correct in all particulars.
9. Consultants must also provide the following documents to support the information indicating that they are qualified to perform the assignment;
• Company profile: Organization’s detail and net worth of the company;
• Status application: In case application is in association with other firms, the exact status of the application must be indicated (Joint Venture, Lead consultant and sub consultants etc.). Evidence must also be provided with respect to previous track record of the organizations collaborating and the location of staff undertaking such service.
• For Joint Venture (JV)/Partnership, Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) should be provided.
• Experience and technical competence: A summary of overall experience indicating relevant or similar assignment. The Transaction Adviser/consultant must also provide summary of appropriate skills of staff to undertake the service as well as demonstrate the technical expertise and competence to meet the technical objectives of these assignments (attach award letters/letter of engagement, completion certificates, personnel certificates and Curriculum Vitae (CV).
• Being an accredited Lloyd’s register member shall be an added advantage.
10 Evidence of successful completion of at least 3 (three) consulting projects within the last 10 (ten) years submitted in a tabular format as stated below:
• Serial Number
• Name of Client
• Project Title
• Month/Year of Award
• Month/Year of Completion or delivery
• Contract value
• Brief scope of works
Kindly note that the past experience table should be supported with copies of letters of Award and Completion Certificates where applicable.
Note: Failure to comply with item 1 – 8 above will lead to disqualification of the bid.
D. SUBMISSION OF EXPRESSION OF INTEREST DOCUMENT
The Expression of Interest (EOI) documents are to be submitted in duplicate bounded hard copies (One (1) soft and two (2) hard copies for each), paginated and arranged with dividers as indicated above. The expression of interest documents should be submitted in sealed envelopes and addressed to the “SECRETARY TO THE TENDER BOARD, NIGERIAN PORTS AUTHORITY” and clearly marked “EXPRESSION OF INTEREST TO ENGAGE THE SERVICE OF A TRANSACTION ADVISER TO CARRY OUT CONDITIONAL SURVEY OF FLOATING DOCK V AT DOCKYARD APAPA, LAGOS” Specifying PUBLIC NOTICE NO: 4017 and dropped in the designated Tender Box located on the 1st floor headquarters Building, 26/28, Marina Lagos not later than 11:00am on Tuesday, 25th July, 2017.
All received proposals will be opened immediately at the close of submission in the Conference room, 3rd floor, 1 Joseph Street, off Marina, Lagos in the presence of bidders or their representatives who avail themselves. Please ensure that you sign the bid submission register in the office of the General Manager, Procurement as the Authority will not be held liable for misplaced or wrongly submitted bids. For further enquiries, please contact the “General Manager Procurement” on e-mail: [email protected]
Note that Expression of Interest and any subsequent request for information shall be borne by the bidding companies. Late submission will not be entertained and only short-listed companies will be contacted.
NIGERIAN PORTS AUTHORITY
SOURCE: DAILY TRUST