NIGERIAN NATIONAL PETROLEUM CORPORATION
NNPC Towers, Herbert Macaulay Way, Central Business District,
P.M.B. 190, Garki, Abuja – Nigeria
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (“EOI”) AS LEAD INSURER FOR NNPC OIL ASSETS AND LIABILITIES FOR THE YEAR 2018/2019
The Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation invites interested Insurance Companies registered in Nigeria, to bid as Lead Insurer for its Oil Assets and Liabilities Insurance Programme.
The contract(s) for the insurance of the Non-Oil Assets and Liabilities shall be awarded to the successful bidder(s) for a period of 12 months. There shall be consolidated Insurance Package to include insurance of assets such as properties, refineries, depots, vessels, etc. owned or operated by NNPC.
All interested Insurance Companies seeking to be considered must satisfy the following eligibility and pre-qualification criteria:
A. Be a Limited Liability Company registered with the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) in Nigeria and licensed by the National Insurance Commission (NAICOM) to transact Life or General Insurance business.
B. Have Paid up Capital of not less than N3,000,000,000 as per its latest published Accounts for its insurance general insurance business.
C. Be a good corporate citizen of Nigeria that pays its taxes as at when due.
D. Fulfill all statutory requirements to operate as an Insurer in the Nigerian Oil and Gas Industry.
All bidders must submit the following documents as evidence to satisfy A to E above.
a) Certified True Copy of the Certificate of Incorporation obtained from the Corporate Affairs Commission within the last twelve months ending November 2017 and CAC form CO2 (statement of share capital and return of allotment) and CO7 (particulars of Directors)
b) Certified True Copy by National Insurance Commission (NAICOM) of the Company’s current License as an Insurer to transact general insurance business within the last twelve months ending November 2017.
c) Company’s NAICOM approved and published Annual Audited Accounts and Reports for the years ending 2014, 2015 & 2016.
d) NAICOM’s approval of Annual Audited Accounts and Returns for underwriting year ending 31st December, 2017.
e) Certified True Copy by the Federal Inland Revenue Service or Notary Public or Commissioner of Oaths of the Company’s Tax Clearance Certificate for years 2014, 2015 & 2016 (Receipts not acceptable).
f) Certificate of Compliance with the provisions of the Pension Reform Act, 2004 issued by the National Pension Commission (PENCOM) expiring not earlier than 31st December, 2017.
g) ECS Clearance Certificate as evidence of compliance with the provisions of the Employee Compensation Act 2010 issued by Nigerian Social Insurance Trust Fund expiring not earlier than 31st December, 2017 (Receipt not acceptable).
h) Evidence of Certificate of compliance with the provisions of Industrial Training Fund (ITF) Act 2011 as issued by ITF expiring not earlier than 31st December, 2017.
i) Relevant certificate of registration with the Department of Petroleum Resources.
j) Interim Registration Report (IRR) for Nigerian companies as evidence of registration in the National Database of Bureau of Public Procurement (BPP) for Federal Contractors, Consultants and Service Providers (NDCCSPs).
k) A prospective bidder shall provide a sworn affidavit to support action as follows:
i. To allow NNPC verify all claims made in your submission.
ii. To allow NNPC verify that your organization is not in receivership, nor the subject of any form of insolvency or bankruptcy proceedings or the subject of any form of winding up petition or proceedings.
iii. To confirm that the Bidder is not a replacement for a hitherto tax defaulting company.
iv. To confirm whether or not any of the members of relevant committees of NNPC or Bureau of Public Procurement (BPP) is former or present Director, Shareholder, or has any pecuniary interest in your company.
v. To confirm that your company does not have any Director who has been convicted in any country for a criminal offence relating to fraud or any financial impropriety or criminal misrepresentation or falsification of facts relating to any matter.
Any company indebted to NNPC in respect of all discharged claims as at 30th September, 2017 will be automatically disqualified.
l) Evidence of prove at least 10 years relevant experience in energy insurance business. Please attach reference letters, copies of letters of awards, valuation certificates, job completion certificates including client’s company full contact details (Not P.O.Box), functional phone numbers and e-mail address. For at least five (5) completed projects.
m) Evidence of good business relationship with competent Re-insurance broker(s) with relevant experience in energy business and access to the international markets.
n) Documentation/evidence demonstrating experience in similar Oil and Gas insurance cover placed in the last 3 years as leader or co-insurer.
o) Description of re-insurance strategy, including use of rated re-insurance Companies.
p) Current and in-place organizational structure, Experience and skills management and technical personnel with one page resume provided for each.
NIGERIAN CONTENT REQUIREMENTS
In compliance with the Nigerian Oil and Gas Content Development Act, NNPC is committed to providing opportunities for indigenous capacity development and utilization. Prospective underwriters must therefore comply with the following criteria:
• Demonstrate that the entity is a Nigerian company as stipulated by the Act.
• Prepare a Nigerian Content Plan for the Insurance services to be provided.
• Provide a current organization structure with evidence of the percentage of the management that are Nigerian nationals and the percentage of the total workforce that are Nigerians.
• Provide past details and present commitment to staff training and development of Nigerian personnel.
• Must have a verifiable office address(es) in Nigeria.
NIGERIAN CONTENT SUBMISSION
Interested insurer must also submit TWO (2) copies of the following documents in separate envelopes marked “Nigerian Content” with the company’s name clearly stated at the back of the envelope:
1. Certified True Copies of the Certificate of Incorporation, Forms CO2 and CO7 obtained from the Corporate Affairs Commission.
2. Evidence of physical operational presence and set up in Nigeria.
3. Nigerian Content Plan for the insurance services to be provided using Nigerian resources, past and present.
4. Current organization structure with evidence of the percentage of the management that are Nigerian nationals and the percentage of the total workforce that are Nigerians.
5. Details of training budget for Nigerian human capital development.
6. A list of in-country registered office addresses.
7. Number of jobs to be created by this opportunity.
8. Further innovative proposals that would enhance Nigerian Content for the insurance program.
The successful bidder shall be determined on the basis of Technical Evaluation only.
All applications should be in writing and should be submitted as follows:
• TWO (2) copies marked “EXPRESSION OF INTEREST” AS LEAD INSURER FOR NNPC OIL ASSETS AND LIABILITIES 2018/2019” written on the left hand corner of the envelope with the name of the company stated at the back of the envelope.
All submissions (Expression of Interest and Nigerian Content Submission) should be addressed and forwarded to:
NNPC NTB HQ Tenders Board,
Room 45B 1st Floor, Block D,
NNPC Towers, Herbert Macaulay Way,
Central Business District,
The submission should reach the above address NOT LATER THAN 12 NOON on or before 1st December, 2017.
All bids received shall be publicly opened and endorsed immediately following the deadline for the submission in the presence of invited observers and prospective bidders.
All bidders are invited to attend the bid opening session holding at:
1st Floor, Block A
Herbert Macaulay Way,
Central Business District,
• Late submission shall be rejected.
• All submissions should be arranged and numbered in the order listed above.
• Only companies who submit the required information and meet the prequalification criteria will be contacted after evaluation. NNPC shall deal directly with only authorized officers of the interested companies and not through individuals or agents.
• All costs incurred by your company as a result of this “Expression of Interest (EOI)” and any subsequent requests for information shall be to your account.
• The Expression of Interest and any related process neither creates any commitment by NNPC nor establish any legal relationship.
• All information must be provided in English Language.
• NNPC will not enter into any form of communication with interested bidder(s) from the commencement date of this advertisement.
• Willful submission of any fictitious document will attract suspension from participation in future bids.
This advertisement is also published on our website www.nnpcgroup.com