NIGERIAN NATIONAL PETROLEUM CORPORATION
NNPC Towers, Herbert Macaulay Way, Central Business District,
P.M.B. 190, Garki, Abuja – Nigeria
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (“EOI”) AS A BROKER FOR INSURANCE OF NNPC OIL ASSETS AND LIABILITIES FOR THE YEAR 2018/2019
The Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation invites interested Insurance Brokers registered in Nigeria, to bid as Brokers for its Oil Assets and Liabilities Insurance Programme.
All interested Insurance Companies seeking to be considered must satisfy the following eligibility and pre-qualification criteria:
A. Be a Limited Liability Company registered with the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) in Nigeria and licensed by the National Insurance Commission (NAICOM) to operate as an Insurance Broker.
B. Maintain adequate Professional Indemnity Cover for its activities.
C. Be a good corporate citizen of Nigeria that pays its taxes as at when due and be in possession of current Tax Clearance Certificate.
D. Fulfill all statutory requirements to operate as an Insurance Broker in the Nigerian Oil and Gas Industry.
Qualified Insurance Brokers willing to bid must submit the following documents as evidence to satisfy A to D above.
a. Certified True Copy of the Certificate of Incorporation obtained from the Corporate Affairs Commission within the last twelve months ending November 2017 and CAC form CO2 (statement of share capital and return of allotment) and CO7 (particulars of Directors)
b. Certified True Copy by (NAICOM) of the Company’s current license to operate as an Insurance Broker issued by NAICOM within the last twelve months ending November 2017.
c. Published Annual Accounts and Reports (Audited) for year 2014, 2015 & 2016. Only NAICOM Approved Audited Accounts duly stamped by NAICOM will be accepted.
d. Certified True Copy by the Federal Inland Revenue Service or Notary Public or Commissioner of Oaths of three (3) years Tax Clearance Certificate for 2014, 2015 & 2016 (Receipts not acceptable).
e. Certificate of Insurance in respect of current Professional Indemnity cover.
f. ECS Clearance Certificate as evidence of compliance with the provisions of the Employee Compensation Act 2010 issued by Nigerian Social Insurance Trust Fund expiring not earlier than 31st December, 2017 (Receipt not acceptable).
g. Certificate of Compliance with the provisions of the Pension Reform Act, 2004 issued by the National Pension Commission (PENCOM) expiring not earlier than 31st December, 2017.
h. Evidence of Certificate of compliance with the provisions of Industrial Training Fund (ITF) Act 2011 as issued by ITF expiring not earlier than 31st December, 2017.
i. Relevant certificate of registration with the Department of Petroleum Resources.
j. Interim Registration Report (IRR) for Nigerian companies as evidence of registration in the National Database of Bureau of Public Procurement (BPP) for Federal Contractors, Consultants and Service Providers (NDCCSPs).
k. A prospective bidder shall provide a sworn affidavit to support action as follows:
i. To allow NNPC verify all claims made in your submission.
ii. To allow NNPC verify that your organization is not in receivership, nor the subject of any form of insolvency or bankruptcy proceedings or the subject of any form of winding up petition or proceedings.
iii. To confirm that the Bidder is not a replacement for a hitherto tax defaulting company.
iv. To confirm whether or not any of the members of relevant committees of NNPC or Bureau of Public Procurement (BPP) is former or present Director, Shareholder, or has any pecuniary interest in your company.
v. To confirm that your company does not have any Director who has been convicted in any country for a criminal offence relating to fraud or any financial impropriety or criminal misrepresentation or falsification of facts relating to any matter.
i. All documentary/verifiable Evidence of participation in energy insurance account as a broker in the last 5 years. Please attach reference letters, copies of letters of awards, valuation certificates, job completion certificates including client’s company full contact details (Not P.O.Box), functional phone numbers and e-mail address; for at least five (5) completed projects.
l. Professional Experience of Managing Director and/or CEO – Years of insurance experience, copies of professional and academic Certificates. Please attach one (1) page resume.
m. Professional Experience of Insurance Technical Staff – Years of insurance experience, copies of professional and academic Certificates. Please attach one (1) page resume for each of the technical staff.
NIGERIAN CONTENT REQUIREMENTS
In compliance with the Nigerian Oil and Gas Content Development Act, NNPC is committed to providing opportunities for indigenous capacity development and utilization. Prospective brokers must therefore comply with the following criteria:
• Demonstrate that the entity is a Nigerian company as stipulated by the Act.
• Prepare a Nigerian Content Plan for the brokage services to be provided.
• Provide a current organization structure with evidence of the percentage of the management that are Nigerian nationals and the percentage of the total workforce that are Nigerians.
• Provide past details and present commitment to staff training and development of Nigerian personnel.
• Must have a verifiable office address(es) in Nigeria.
NIGERIAN CONTENT SUBMISSION
Interested Brokers must also submit TWO copies of the following documents in separate envelopes marked “Nigerian Content” with the company’s name clearly stated at the back of the envelope:
1. Certified True Copies of the Certificate of Incorporation, Forms CO2 and CO7 obtained from the Corporate Affairs Commission.
2. Evidence of physical operational presence and set up in Nigeria.
3. Nigerian Content Plan for the brokage services to be provided using Nigerian resources. (Past and present).
4. Current organization structure with evidence of the percentage of the management that are Nigerian nationals and the percentage of the total workforce that are Nigerians.
5. Details of training budget for Nigerian human capital development.
6. A list of in-country registered office addresses.
7. Number of jobs to be created by this opportunity.
8. Further innovative proposals that would enhance Nigerian Content for the insurance program.
The successful bidder shall be determined on the basis of Technical Evaluation only.
All applications should be in writing and should be submitted as follows:
• TWO (2) copies marked “EXPRESSION OF INTEREST” AS A BROKER FOR NNPC OIL ASSETS AND LIABILITIES INSURANCE PROGRAMME 2018/2019” written on the top left hand corner of the envelope with the name of the company’s name stated at the back of the envelope.
All submissions (Expression of Interest and Nigerian Content Submission) should be addressed and forwarded to:
NNPC NTB HQ Tenders Board,
Room 45B 1st Floor, Block D,
NNPC Towers, Herbert Macaulay Way,
Central Business District,
The submission should reach the above address NOT LATER THAN 12 NOON on or before 1st December, 2017.
All bids received shall be publicly opened and endorsed immediately following the deadline for the submission in the presence of invited observers and prospective bidders.
All bidders are invited to attend the bid opening session holding at:
1st Floor, Block A
Herbert Macaulay Way,
Central Business District,
It must be noted that:
1. Late submission shall be rejected.
2. All submissions should be arranged and numbered in the order listed above.
3. Only companies who submit the required information and meet the prequalification criteria will be contacted after evaluation. NNPC shall deal directly with only authorized officers of the interested companies and not through individuals or agents.
4. All costs incurred by your company as a result of this “Expression of Interest (EOI)” and any subsequent requests for information shall be to your account.
5. The Expression of Interest and any related process neither creates any commitment by NNPC nor establish any legal relationship.
6. All information must be provided in English Language.
7. NNPC will not enter into any form of communication with interested bidder(s) from the commencement date of this advertisement.
8. Willful submission of any fictitious document will attract suspension from participation in future bids.
This advertisement is also published on our website www.nnpcgroup.com
SOURCE: THE VANGUARD