NIGERIAN METEOROLOGICAL AGENCY (NiMet)
National Weather Forecasting & Climate Research Centre
Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport, Abuja.
INVITATION FOR BIDS
The Nigerian Meteorological Agency (NiMet) in fulfilment of its mandate to monitor weather, climate and provide early warning on adverse weather events invites interested and eligible contractors to tender, in accordance with 2007 Public Procurement Act, for the execution of the following projects which are to be funded under the Agency 2017 Appropriation.
- Procurement and Installation of 1No. MSG Workstation at RMTC, Oshodi, Lagos.
- Procurement and Installation of 5 No. Integrated Automatic Weather Observing Systems (AWOS)
- Procurement and Installation of 1No. Soundproof 500KVA Power Generator for Regional Training Center, Lagos.
- Construction of Student Hostels, Staff Quarters, Classroom Blocks with Laboratories at Katsina.
- Procurement and Installation of 5No. Marine Meteorological Buoys at Eket, Aiyetoro, Warri, Port-Harcourt & Lagos.
- Procurement and Installation of Data Archiving/Rescue System at Oshodi, Lagos.
- QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
Interested bidders are expected to meet all requirements specified in the Bidding documents which include submission of:
- Evidence of incorporation in Nigeria by CAC
- Current tax Clearance Certificate (i.e. expiring 31/12/2017)
- Immediate past three years audited accounts of the company (2014, 2015 and 2016)
- Copy of valid current PENCOM compliance certificate as evidence of compliance with the relevant provision of the Pensions Act 2004
- Copy of interim Registration Report (IRR) issued by BPP as evidence of registration on the Bureau of Public Procurement
- Copy of industrial training fund (ITF) compliance certificate as evidence of compliance with the Industrial Training Fund act.
- Copy of Nigerian Social Insurance Trust Fund (NSITF) Compliance Certificate in line with Section 16 (6) (d) of the Public Procurement Act, 2007
- Company profile
- key professional staff with relevant experience and registration with relevant professional bodies
- Verifiable documentary evidence of similar jobs successfully executed within the last five years, such evidence shall be in form of valid letters of award of contract, contract agreement and completion certificate or interim payment certificates where such jobs are still in progress. Proven integrity of performed projects is added advantage
- Verifiable evidence of availability through ownership and/or leasehold of appropriate equipment/machinery to be deployed for the execution of the project
- Evidence of Financial capability and availability of bank support if awarded the contract. Please note that bankers letter merely stating that the bidder operates an account within- a turnover range is not an adequate evidence of financial capability
- Adherence to instructions in the Bid Document guidance is mandatory
- Affidavit that no staff of NiMet is a director or has pecuniary interest in the company and that all information given with respect to this advert are true.
- Any other useful information is an added advantage
- COLLECTION OF BIDDING DOCUMENTS
A complete set of bidding documents in English language may be obtained from the Head of Procurement office on payment of a non-refundable Tender fee of N10, 000.00 (Ten Thousand Naira) only, payable to Nigerian Meteorological Agency through REMITA platform at any commercial Bank in favour of NiMet. Ensure to obtain evidence of such payment which must be presented on collection of bid documents between 9.00am and 5.00pm from Mondays to Fridays.
- SUBMISSION OF BIDDING DOCUMENTS
Bids must be delivered in an envelope containing two separately sealed
envelopes marked “technical” and “financial” bids and addressed to the DG/CEO, Nigerian Meteorological Agency, National Weather Forecasting & Climate Research Centre, Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport, Abuja The name and address of the bidder. Including valid contact telephone numbers must be clearly stated on the envelopes. The bids shall be submitted at the Head of Procurement Office, NWF&CRC, Int’l Airport, Abuja.
- DEADLINE FOR BIDS SUBMISSIONS
Bids shall be submitted not later than 12:00 noon, 28th August, 2017.
- Opening of Bids
Technical Bids only shall be publicly opened immediately after 12:00 noon, 28th August, 2017 in the presence of representatives of companies, who choose to be present at the Conference Hall, Nigerian Meteorological
Agency, Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport, Abuja.
- Scales of Measurement – Nominal scale will be applied for items (i) to (vii); while interval scale will be adopted for items (viii) to (x).
- Bidders who do not scale through the technical evaluation stage shall have their financial bid(s) returned unopened.
For enquiries, please call
07037775161 (Head of Procurement)
- This advertisement shall not be construed as a commitment on the part of NiMet nor shall it entitle responding contractors to seek any indemnity from NiMet by virtue of the contractors having responded to the advertisement.
- NiMet reserves the right to verify claims made by any bidder.
- The Nigerian Meteorological Agency is not obliged to accept the lowest or any tender.
- This advertorial is considered part of the bidding documents.
SOURCE: DAILY TRUST