NIGERIAN INSTITUTE OF LEATHER AND SCIENCE TECHNOLOGY (NILEST) ZARIA
FEDERAL MINISTRY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
P.M.B. 1034 ZARIA, KADUNA STATE
INVITATION TO TENDER FOR PROJECTS UNDER 2017 CAPITAL APPROPRIATION
Nigerian Institute of Leather and Science Technology intends to execute some capital projects in the 2017 fiscal year. As a result of this, the Agency hereby invites submissions from competent and reputable companies with proven records to indicate interest in the under-listed projects.
2.0 SCOPE OF WORK
LOT G34: Development of heavy Leather Process Technology for Heavy Duty Equipment Hardware at South East
LOT G35: Development of heavy Leather Process Technology for Heavy Duty Equipment Hardware at North West
LOT G36: Development of heavy Leather Process Technology for Heavy Duty Equipment Hardware Accessories at North East
LOT G37: Procurement of Equipment and Materials for Youth and Women Empowerment in Footwear Manufacture Technology at Ikeduru LGA of Imo State
LOT G38: Purchase and Supply of Toyota Hilux Van to Ankpa/Olamaboro/Omala of Kogi State
3.0 PRE-QUALIFICATION TENDER CRITERIA
The interested bidders/service providers must possess the following:
• Evidence of registration with Corporate Affairs Commission by inclusion of Certificate of Incorporation, Memorandum and Article of Association and Form C07 and C02;
• Detailed Company Profile;
• Evidence of registration with appropriate professional bodies;
• Evidence of current Tax Clearance Certificate (for the past three years from 2014 to 2016) corresponding with declared Turnovers by inclusion of photocopy;
• Evidence of compliance with Pension Reform Act, 2004 by inclusion of Certificate from the National Pension Commission up to 2017;
• Copy of Joint Venture Agreement (where necessary);
• Evidence of Value Added Tax Registration (2014 to 2016);
• Evidence of involvement and experience in similar contracts/consultancy showing evidence of award and completion for the past three years (2014 to 2016);
• Evidence of Compliance with the Industrial Training Fund Amendment Act, 2011 by inclusion of Current Compliance Letter from Industrial Training Fund;
• Company’s Audited Accounts for the last three years (2014 to 2016);
• Evidence of financial capability such as recent Bank Statement from a reputable bank and annual turnover;
• Verifiable list of appropriate equipment/technology relevant to each Lot with proof of ownership or lease agreement;
• Verifiable evidence of registration on the National Database of Contractors, Consultants and Service Providers by inclusion of latest Interim Registration Report by the Bureau of Public Procurement (BPP);
• Sworn Affidavit that:
a) None of the Directors of the prospective contractual company has ever been convicted in any court of law for any criminal offence;
b) All information submitted by way of documents are correct and verifiable by NILEST; and
c) None of the Officers of NILEST or BPP is a former or present staff of the company;
d) Neither of the company nor any other company’s directors is bankrupt.
Interested parties should note that:
i. All submissions must be made adequately substantiated with documents and must be verifiable.
ii. The Agency shall deal directly with only the authorized officers of interested companies whose telephone number is indicated in the letter of authorization and not with their agents.
iii. This pre-qualification/tender exercise shall not be construed as a commitment on the part of the Agency to award the contract to anyone or even award of a contract at all.
iv. A company indicating interest more than one project should submit their profile for all the projects they are interested in.
v. Only successfully pre-qualified contractor will be contacted for financial bid opening.
4.0 COLLECTION OF FINANCIAL DOCUMENTS
Contractors are expected to pay N20,000.00 as detailed below:
• Account Name: NILEST formerly CHELTECH
• Account Number: 022805000100
• Bank: Any Commercial Bank
You are to take the Teller from the Bank to Department of Finance and Account so as to collect official receipt and bring photocopies of the receipt and the teller to the Procurement Unit of the Institute to obtain the tender document.
5.0 SUBMISSION OF PRE-QUALIFICATION/TENDER DOCUMENTS
Contractors are expected to deposit their technical and financial documents in separate envelopes and the two envelopes put in a bigger envelope addressed to the Director General/Chief Executive Officer, NILEST sealed with the project title inscribed on the corner of the envelope in the Tender Box in the Office of the Head of Procurement and Budget Unit of the Agency’s National Headquarters at Sokoto Road, almost opposite the Main Gate of Ahmadu Bello University, Samaru, Zaria, Kaduna State.
The Closing date for the submission is on 2nd March 2018 on or before 11:00am. Late submission of application shall not be accepted.
6.0 OPENING OF PRE-QUALIFICATION/TENDER DOCUMENTS
The Pre-qualification documents will be opened on 2nd March, 2018 at 11:00am.
Qs Oladija Gabriel O. RQs, MNIQS, MPPA, MNIM, AMIMC
Secretary, NILEST Procurement Tender Board,
SOURCE: FEDERAL TENDERS JOURNAL