MINISTRY OF INTERIOR
UMARU MUSA YAR’ADUA EXPRESS WAY, AIRPORT ROAD, ABUJA
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI) FROM PROSPECTIVE INVESTORS FOR THE ESTABLISHMENT OF PASSPORT APPLICATION SUPPORT CENTRES IN; USA, CANADA, UK, CHINA, JAPAN, MALAYSIA, UKRAINE, SINGAPORE, SOUTH AFRICA, ITALY AND SAUDI ARABIA ON THE PUBLIC PRIVATE PARTNERSHIP (PPP) ARRANGEMENT
- Pursuant to the Section 9(1) and (2) of the Immigration Act, 2015, the Comptroller General of the Nigeria Immigration Service is statutorily empowered to issue Nigerian Passports to bonafide Nigerians within and outside Nigeria. Applications for Nigeria Passports in a foreign country is to be made to the appropriate Diplomatic Mission established abroad and are issued by the Immigration attached to that mission.
- In the light of the hardship Nigerians are facing in some foreign countries in the process of procuring Passports due to long distance between their places of residences to the nearest Nigeria Mission, the NIS is seeking to establish Passport Application Support Centres /system on Public Private Partnership (PPP) basis in some Strategic States/Provinces in; USA, Canada, UK, China, Japan, Malaysia, Ukraine, Singapore, South Africa, Italy and Saudi Arabia.
- On this note, the Nigeria Immigration Service hereby invites suitably qualified firms to submit Qualification proposals for the establishment of Passport Application Support Centres/system in USA, Canada, UK, China, Japan, Malaysia, Ukraine, Singapore, South Africa, Italy and Saudi Arabia. The successful firm shall be required to finance the establishment of the Passport Application Support Centres/system.
- This RFQ is the qualification stage of the procurement process for the Project, and interested firms/consortia are expected to meet the qualification requirements specified hereunder as well as in the RFQ package. Only qualified parties shall be invited to the Request for Proposal (RFP) stage. Qualified parties shall execute a Non-disclosure Agreement prior to being issued the RFP bidding documents.
2.0 SCOPE OF SERVICE
2.1 This scope and nature of the work under this project will require the establishment of Passport application support Centres/systems capable of meeting the objective of easing the hardships Nigerians face in processing passports in line with the objective of the project.
3.0 ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
3.1 Interested firms should submit three (3) bound (RFQ) documents duly signed, paginated, separated by dividers and arranged in the order outlined hereunder:
- Evidence of Certificate of Incorporation with the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) including Forms CAC2 and CAC7;
- Evidence of Firm’s Tax Clearance Certificate for the last three (3) years valid till 31stDecember, 2019.
- Evidence of current Pension Compliance Certificate valid till 31stDecember, 2019.
- Evidence of current Industrial Training Fund (ITF) Compliance Certificate valid till 31stDecember, 2019.
- Evidence of current Nigeria Social Insurance Trust Fund (NSITF) Compliance Certificate valid till 31stDecember, 2019.
- Evidence of Registration of the National Database of Federal Contractors, Consultants and Service Providers by submission of Interim Registration Report (IRR) expiring 30/6/2019 or valid Certificate issued by BPP.
- Evidence of Firm’s registration with relevant professional bodies (where applicable).
- Sworn Affidavit disclosing whether or not any officer of the relevant committees of the Ministry of Interior or Nigeria Immigration Service or the Bureau of Public Procurement is a former or present Director, Shareholder or has any pecuniary interest in the bidder and to confirm that all information presented in its bid are true and correct in all particulars.
- Company’s Audited Accounts for the last three (3) years – 2016, 2017 & 2018.
- Evidence of financial capability to execute the project by submission of Reference Letter from a reputable commercial bank indicating willingness to provide credit facility for the execution of the project when needed.
- Company profile with the Curriculum Vitae of Key Staff to be deployed for the project including copies of their Academic/Professional qualifications.
- Verifiable documentary evidence of at least three (3) similar jobs executed or ongoing in the last five (5) years including, Letters of Award, Valuation Certificates, Job Completion Certificates.
- All documents for submission must be transmitted with a covering/forwarding letter under the Company/Firm’s Letter Head Paper bearing amongst others, the Registration Number (RC) as issued by the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC), Contact Address, Telephone Numbers (preferably GSM No.), and e-mail address. The Letterhead Paper must bear the Names and Nationalities of the Directors of the Company at the bottom of the page, duly signed by the authorized officer of the Firm.
- SUBMISSION OF EOI DOCUMENTS
- Interested firms are to submit three (3) bound copies of the EOI documents separated by dividers and arranged as indicated above. The documents should be submitted in a sealed envelope and addressed to;
Nigeria Immigration Service Headquarters,
Umaru Musa Yar’adua Expressway,
Airport Road, Sauka Abuja.
- Furthermore, the reverse side of the sealed envelope should have the name and address of the bidder and dropped in the designated Tender Box at Room A67, Ground Floor, Nigeria Immigration Service Headquarters, Abuja, not later than 10:00am on Monday, 15thJuly, 2019.
- Please, ensure that you sign the Bid Submission Register immediately after submission in Room A67, Ground Floor, Nigeria Immigration Service Headquarters, Abuja, as the Nigeria Immigration Service will not be held liable for misplace or wrongly submitted bids.
- OPENING OF EOI DOCUMENTS
- The EOI documents will be publicly opened immediately after the deadline for submission at 10:00am on Monday 15thJuly, 2019 at the Conference Hall, First Floor, Nigeria Immigration Service Headquarters, Abuja.
- GENERAL INFORMATION
- EOI must be in English Language and signed by an official authorized by the bidder;
- EOI submitted after the deadline for submission would be returned unopened;
- All costs will be borne by the bidders;
- Only shortlisted bidders will be contacted at a later date for collection of Request for Proposals;
- Interested bidders should visit the Nigeria Immigration Service as well as Infrastructure Concession Regulatory Commission (ICRC) Official websites (https://immigration.gov.ng/) and ICRC (www.icrc.gov.ng) respectively to download the RFQ package.
- For further enquiries, please contact the Assistant Comptroller-General (Procurement) E-mail:[email protected]; Phone: 08033296055.
- The Nigeria Immigration Service is not bound to shortlist any bidder and reserves the right to annul the Procurement process at any time without incurring any liabilities in accordance with Section 28 of the Public Procurement Act 2007.
Nigeria Immigration Service