FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA
FEDERAL MINISTRY OF ENVIRONMENT
NIGERIA EROSION AND WATERSHED MANAGEMENT PROJECT
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI) FOR THE ENGAGEMENT OF INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANT FOR THE INTERACTIVE WEBSITE UPGRADE AND REDESIGN FOR FEDERAL PROJECT MANAGEMENT UNIT OF THE NIGERIA EROSION AND WATERSHED MANAGEMENT PROJECT (NEWMAP)
The NEWMAP project is an eight-year multi-sectorial project. It aims to reduce vulnerability to soil erosion in targeted sub-watersheds. It will take an integrated watershed management approach to erosion that will address the interlinked challenged of poverty, ecosystem services, climate change, disaster risk management, biodiversity, institutional capacity and governance.
The eight-year NEWMAP is being financed by an International Development Association (IDA) credit of US$500 million, in addition to fully blended grants of US$3.96 million from the Global Environment Facility (GEF) and US$4.63 million from the Special Climate Change (SCCF) Fund. NEWMAP will support State-led interventions to prevent and reverse land degradation, focusing on major gully erosion sites that threaten infrastructure, livelihoods, and environmental assets. The project is being implemented initially in seven States and later scaled up to include additional 13 States.
2. Objectives of Consultant’s Agreement.
The Corporate portal should provide innovative functionalities and should meet the following requirements:
- To be visually appealing (i.e. with attractive mix of texts and graphics), has a unified theme and design, and easy to navigate
- To be less visually crowded and cleanlier and attractively organized
- To varied formats of content (including photos, videos, slide shows and audio files) should be integrated
- To further enhance the incorporation of social media such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Flikr amongst others
- To enable sign-up for the NEWMAP electronic newsletters
- To implement a tracking application and produce user defined site log reports to measure web visitors and user behaviour and improve web site performance and availability
- To increase site compatibility with all the latest Internet browsers (IE, Firefox, Chrome, Safari, etc.)
- To build site in accordance to the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0, provided by the W3C and should also be easily accessible to the novice as well as the experienced Internet User.
- To further improve site security in line with local and international internet and digital regulations
- To provide a better user experience by changing navigation, modify buttons or information structure and other elements
- To improve product quality and provide better support
- To enhance website usability and conversion rates
- To boost social media integration; blog content is meant to be shared; this will make it easy to share the blog posts in the social media by integrating with social media capabilities
- To increase web bandwidth for effective mail delivery
3. Qualifications and Experience
The Consultant should have previous experience of creating, developing and maintaining portals for organizations implementing similar type of projects for a period not less than three years. The team leader should have professional/Post Graduate in Information Technology with exposure to multimedia applications.
The website content will be redesign and upgraded in collaboration and consultation with NEWMAP.
4. Activities Time Frame
- Inception report – 5 days
- Interim report with draft details of portal along with presentation – 14 days
- Draft final report incorporating changes suggested by the client – 18 days
- Final report with uploaded information – 25 days
- Maintenance – Every quarter
SUBMISSION OF EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOIs)
The Federal Project Management Unit of the Nigeria Erosion and Watershed Management Project (NEWMAP) now invites eligible consultants to indicate their interest in providing the Services.
Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services.
The Shortlisting Criteria are: (i) Evidence showing the academic background of the Consultant (profile/CV). (ii) Evidence of certification with relevant authorities and professional bodies. (iii) Description of relevant specific experience. (iv) Evidence showing the knowledge and administrative capabilities of the consultant in the field of the assignment in Nigeria. (v) Availability of appropriate skills, and use of essential technology etc.
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraph 1.9 of the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants [under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants] by World Bank Borrowers [July 2014 (“Consultant Guidelines”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Individual Consultant Selection method (IC) set out in the Consultant Guidelines.
Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours [10:00am to 16:00pm].
Expressions of Interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below (in person, or by mail – i.e. by courier) not be e-mail by 9thMay, 2019.
Federal Project Management Unit,
Nigeria Erosion and Watershed Management Project
Attn.: National Project Coordinator (NEWMAP)
Federal Ministry of Environment,
No. 56, Mamman Nasir Street,
Off TY Danjuma Street, Asokoro,
Tel: 08098570625; 08036477409; 08066029902
E-mail: [email protected]
SOURCE: DAILY TRUST