INVITATION TENDER FOR PROJECTS CONTAINED IN THE YEAR 2019 BUDGET APPROPRIATION
The National Inland Waterways Authority (NIWA), a Parastatal under the Federal Ministry of Transportation (FMOT) with Headquarters at Lokoja, Kogi State in line with the Public Procurement Act, 2007 hereby invites reputable and experienced Contractors to submit Tenders for the under-listed projects contained in year 2019 Budget Appropriation.
- SCOPE OF PROJECTS
LOT 1: MAPPING/CHARTING OF RIGHT-OF-WAY AND NAVIGATIONAL CHANNELS
LOT 2: ECHO SOUNDING, SIDE SCANNING, GPS STUDIES AND REMOVAL OF SHALLOW WRECKS AT AGBARA WATERS
LOT 3: ECHO SOUNDING, SIDE SCANNING, GPS STUDIES AND REMOVAL OF SHALLOW WRECKS AT OYINGBO WATERS
LOT 4: ECHO SOUNDING, SIDE SCANNING, GPS STUDIES AND REMOVAL OF SHALLOW WRECKS AT PORT NOVO CREEK
LOT 5: NETWORK UPGRADE (WIRED LAN) FOR NIWA HEADQUARTERS
LOT 6: INTERNET UPGRADE (BANDWIDTH INCREMENT) IN NIWA HEADQUARTERS
LOT 7: PROCUREMENT OF 1NO. REACHSTACKER (45 TON)
LOT 8: PROCUREMENT OF 1 NO. MOBILE BOOM CRANE (80 TON)
LOT 9: PROCUREMENT OF 3T, 5T, & 25T FORKLIFTS
LOT 10: PROCUREMENT OF 1NO. TUG BOAT
LOT 11: PROCUREMENT OF 1NO. TRAILING SUCTION HOPPER DREDGER AND ITS ANCILLARIES 500M3
LOT 12: PROCUREMENT OF 1NO. SELF-PROPELLED BARGE
LOT 13: PROCUREMENT OF 600KVA AND 500KVA GENERATORS
LOT 14: PROCUREMENT OF 2NO. WATER AMBULANCES
LOT 15: PROCUREMENT OF 2NO. HYDROGRAPHIC SURVEY BOATS
LOT 16: MECHANICAL CLEARING OF FLOATING DEBRIS, WATER HYACINTH, WASTES ETC. AT OWOROSHONKI AND OYINGBO WATERFRONTS
LOT 17: MECHANICAL CLEARING OF FLOATING DEBRIS, WATER HYACINTH, WASTES ETC. AT PORTO NOVO CREEK, IJEGUN AND AGBARA WAREFRONTS
LOT 18: MECHANICAL CLEARING OF FLOATING DEBRIS, WATER HYACINTH, WASTES ETC. AT EBUTE IPAKODO CREEK AND IKORODU WATERFRONTS
LOT 19: MECHANICAL CLEARING OF FLOATING DEBRIS, WATER HYACINTH, WASTES ETC. AT EPE WATERFRONT
LOT 20: INSTALLATION OF ELECTRONIC REGISTER FOR INLAND WATERWAYS VESSELS, NIWA ASSETS AND INFRASTRUCTURES ON INLAND WATERWAYS RIGHT OF WAY
LOT 21: CONSTRUCTION OF ILAMA-IWOPIN JETTY, OGUN STATE
LOT 22: CONSTRUCTION OF JETTY AT ODEKPE, OGBARU LGA, ANAMBRA STATE
LOT 23: CONSTRUCTION OF NIWA JETTY AT MARINA, LAGOS
LOT 24: SHORE PROTECTION WORKS OF BARO PORT WATERFRONTS AND ITS TURNING BASIN
LOT 25: RECONSTRUCTION OF STAIRCASE AND REHABILITATION WORKS AT YENAGOA JETTY 1, BAYELSA STATE
LOT 26: COMPLETION OF JETTY CONSTRUCTION AT YENAGOA JETTY 2, BAYELSA STATE
LOT 27: CONSTRUCTION OF INTERNAL ROADS AND FENCING AT YENAGOA JETTY 2, BAYELSA STATE
LOT 28: CONSTRUCTION OF SHORE PROTECTION WORKS AT YENAGOA JETTY 2, BAYELSA STATE
LOT 29: CONSTRUCTION OF BOAT TERMINAL AT BAKIN KOGI, ADAMAWA STATE
LOT 30: CONSTRUCTION OF BOAT TERMINAL AT WURO BOKI, ADAMAWA STATE
LOT 31: IMPROVEMENT OF BERTHING FACILITIES AT LOKOJA DOCKYARD – PHASE 1
LOT 32: PROCUREMENT OF 2NO. ARMOURED PATROL BOATS
LOT 33: ESTABLISHMENT OF PROJECT MANAGEMENT DATABASE
LOT 34: FENCING OF LOKOJA RIVER PORT
LOT 35: TRAVELLING AGENCY SERVICES
- SCOPE OF WORKS
Details of the scope of works for all projects above shall be provided in the Tender (Bidding) documents.
- ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
- Evidence of Certificate of Incorporation with CAC including Form CAC2 and CAC7;
- Evidence of Company Income’s Tax Clearance Certificate for the last (3) years (2016, 2017, 2018), valid till 31st December, 2019;
- Company’s Audited Account for the last three (3) years (2016, 2017 & 2018);
- Evidence of Financial Capability to execute the project including Reference Letter from a reputable commercial bank indicating willingness to provide credit facility for the execution of the project when needed;
- Evidence of Registration on the National Database of Contractors, Consultants and Service Providers by submission of Interim Registration Report (IRR) issued by the Bureau of Public Procurement expiring 31/1/2020 or valid Certificate issued by BPP;
- Evidence of current Industrial Training Fund (ITF) Certificate valid till 31st December, 2019;
- Evidence of current Pension Compliance Certificate valid till 31st December, 2019;
- Evidence of current Registration with the Nigeria Social Insurance Trust Fund (NSITF) Clearance Certificate valid till 31st December, 2019;
- Company Profile with the CV’s of key staff to be deployed for the project, including copies of their Academic/Professional qualifications.
- Verifiable documentary evidence of at least three (3) similar jobs executed in the last five (5) years including Letters of Award, valuation Certificates, Job Completion Certificates and photographs of the Projects;
- List of Plants/Equipment with proof of ownership/lease agreement (where applicable);
- Sworn Affidavit disclosing whether or not any officer of the relevant committees of the Authority or Bureau of Public Procurement is a former or present Director, Shareholder or has any pecuniary interest in the bidder, that the company is not bankrupt, in receivership or under liquidation or involved in any litigation which can potentially affect the company’s ability to effectively discharge their responsibility if engaged and to confirm that all information presented in its bid are true and correct in all particulars;
- Evidence of Registration with relevant professional bodies whose expertise is required for the successful delivery of the project such as NAICOM/Insurance, NITDA/CPN/Information Technology, ICAN/ANAN/Financial Reporting Services, COREN/QSRBN/ARCON/CORBON/SURCON/Construction/Consultancy, NSCDC/Security etc. where applicable;
- Tender for Goods & Works when the item to be procured is less than N100million of Goods and N300million for Works, Bid Security is not needed;
- For Joint Venture/Partnership, Memorandum of Understanding should be provided (all eligibility requirements are compulsory for each JV partner);
- All documents for submission must be transmitted with a covering/forwarding letter under the Company/Firm’s Letter Head Paper bearing amongst others, the Registration Number (RC) as issued by the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC), Contact Address, Telephone Numbers (preferably GSM No.), and e-mail address. The Letterhead Paper must bear the Names and Nationalities of the Directors of the Company at the bottom of the page, duly signed by the authorized officer of the firm.
4.0 COLLECTION OF TENDER DOCUMENTS
Interested companies are to collect the Standard Bidding Document (SBD) from the Procurement Department, NIWA HQ Lokoja, Kogi State on evidence of payment of a non-refundable fee of N10,000.00 (Ten Thousand Naira) per Lot, paid into National Inland Waterways Authority’s Remita account in any commercial bank.
5.0 SUBMISSION OF TENDERS DOCUMENTS
Prospective bidders are to submit bid for each of the Lot desired, two (2) hard copies each of the Technical and Financial bids with soft copy of financial bid only in MS Excel format, packaged separately in sealed envelopes and clearly marked “Technical Bid” or “Financial Bid”.
Thereafter put the two sealed envelopes together in a bigger sealed envelope addressed to The Managing Director, National Inland Waterways Authority’s Headquarters, Adankolo New Layout, Lokoja, Kogi State and clearly marked with the name of the project and Lot number.
Furthermore, the reverse of each sealed envelope should have the name and address of the bidder and drop in the designated “Tender Box” at NIWA Headquarters, Lokoja, Kogi State not later than 12:00 noon on 4th November, 2019.
- OPENING OF BIDS
The technical bids will be opened immediately after the closure of submission on 4thNovember, 2019 at 12:00 noon at the Conference Hall of NIWA Headquarters, Lokoja in the presence of bidders or their representatives, while the financial bids will be kept un-opened.
Please, ensure that you sign the Bid Submission Register in the Procurement Department of the Authority, as NIWA will not be held liable for misplaced or wrongly submitted bids.
For further enquiries, please contact the General Manager (Procurement) on E-mail: [email protected].
- GENERAL INFORMATION
- Bids must be in English Language and signed by an official authorized by the bidder;
- Bids submitted after the deadline for submission would be returned un-opened;
- documents not properly bound will be disqualified on the day of opening;
- All costs will be borne by the bidders;
- Only pre-qualified bidders at technical evaluation will be contacted at a later date for financial bid opening, while financial bids of unsuccessful bidders will be returned unopened;
- Due diligence will be observed as all documented claims by the Contractors are subject to verification;
- NIWA is not bound to prequalify any bidder and reserves the right to annul the Procurement process at any time without incurring any liabilities in accordance with Section 28 of the Public Procurement Act 2007.
SOURCE: DAILY TRUST