19, AGUIYI IRONSI STREET, MAITAMA, ABUJA
INVITATION FOR PRE-QUALIFICATION FOR THE 2019 CAPITAL PROJECTS, ZONAL INTERVENTION/CONSTITUENCY PROJECTS OF THE COMMISSION
The National Human Rights Commission of Nigeria was established by the National Commission Act 1995 (as amended) in line with Resolution 48/134 of the United Nations General Assembly which enjoins all member states to establish Independent National Institutions for the promotion, protection and enforcement of human rights.
The National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) shall undertake the procurement of various Goods, Works and Services including Zonal Intervention/Constituency Projects of the Federal Government of Nigeria as approved in the 2019 Appropriation Act.
In compliance with the Public Procurement Act 2007, the NHRC therefore invites interested contractors with both foreign and local relevant experience and good track record to submit pre-qualification documents for contracts for the 2019 Capital Projects.
- SCOPE OF WORKS / SUPPLY
LOT NO: 1
PROJECT DESCRIPTION: LAND ACQUISITION FOR OPERATIONAL PURPOSES IN THE STATES
LOT NO: 2
PROJECT DESCRIPTION: SUPERVISION/RE-DESIGN OF OFFICE BUILDING NATIONWIDE SUITABLE UNDER THE PARIS PRINCIPLE
LOT NO: 3
PROJECT DESCRIPTION: CONSTRUCTION/PURCHASE OF IDENTIFIED OFFICES IN 6 STATES, ONE IN EACH GEOPOLITICAL ZONES SUITABLE FOR OPERATIONS UNDER THE PARIS PRINCIPLE
LOT NO: 4
PROJECT DESCRIPTION: CONTINUATION OF UPGRADE AND RENOVATION OF HQTRS BUILDING COMPLEX, MINOR WORKS AND CAR PARK
LOT NO: 5
PROJECT DESCRIPTION: NEW ELEVATOR/LIFT FOR THE HQTRS BUILDING
LOT NO: 6
PROJECT DESCRIPTION: PURCHASE OF NEW GENERATOR FOR THE HQTRS BUILDING (1 NO. 500 KVA AND 1 NO. 10 KVA
LOT NO: 7
PROJECT DESCRIPTION: CONTINUATION OF WORK FOR UPGRADE AND RECONSTRUCTION OF PORT HARCOURT ZONAL OFFICE
LOT NO: 8
PROJECT DESCRIPTION: REHABILITATION OF WORK AT FIELD OFFICES
LOT NO: 9
PROJECT DESCRIPTION: ACQUISITION OF OFFICE SPACE FOR HUMAN RIGHTS TRAINING INSTITUTE
LOT NO: 10
PROJECT DESCRIPTION: FURNISHING OF HQTRS AND STATE OFFICES
LOT NO: 11
PROJECT DESCRIPTION: OFFICE EQUIPMENT FOR HQTRS, ZONAL AND STATE OFFICES
LOT NO: 12
PROJECT DESCRIPTION: PURCHASE OF COMPUTERS AND ACCESSORIES FOR HQTRS, ZONAL OFFICE AND STATE OFFICE
LOT NO: 13
PROJECT DESCRIPTION: UPGRADE OF ICT/AUTOMATION AT HQTRS, ZONAL AND STATE OFFICES (1) AUTOMATION OF COMPLIANTS TREATMENTS MECHANISM (2) AUTOMATION OF HUMAN RIGHTS MONITORING MECHANISM
LOT NO: 14
PROJECT DESCRIPTION: PURCHASE OF VEHICLES: (A) 21NOS BUSES (B) 3NOS SALOON CARS
LOT NO: 15
PROJECT DESCRIPTION: PURCHASE OF 1 SHELTER FOR VICTIMS OF DOMESTIC VIOLENCE AND SEXUAL/GENEDER BASD VIOLENCE TRHOUGH THE PROVISION OF ONE SHELTER IN ABUJA, FCT
- ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
- Certificate of Incorporation issued by the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) including Forms CAC2 and CAC7, Memorandum and Article of Association.
- Evidence of Company’s Income Tax Clearance Certificate for the last three (3) years (2016, 2017, 2018) corresponding to declared turnover, expiring on 31stDecember, 2019.
- Evidence of current Industrial Training Fund Compliance Certificate expiring on 31stDecember, 2019.
- Evidence of current Pension Compliance Certificate expiring on 31stDecember, 2019.
- Evidence of current Nigeria Social Insurance Trust Fund (NSITF) Compliance Certificate valid till 31stDecember, 2019.
- Evidence of Registration of the National Database of Federal Contractors, Consultants and Service Providers by inclusion of Interim Registration Report (IRR) expiring on 30/6/2019 or valid Certificate issued by BPP.
- Sworn Affidavit:
- Disclosing whether or not any officer of the relevant committees of the National Human Rights Commission or Bureau of Public Procurement is a former or present Director, Shareholder or has any pecuniary interest in the bidder and to confirm that all information presented in its bid are true and correct in all particulars.
- That none of the Directors or Consultants have been convicted in any court of any criminal offences.
- Company’s Audited Account prepared by a reputable Chartered Accounting Firm for the last three (3) years 2016, 2017, 2018.
- Evidence of financial capability to execute the project by submission of Reference Letter from a reputable commercial bank in Nigeria, indicating willingness to provide credit facility for the execution of the project when needed.
- Company profile with the curriculum vitae of key staff to be deployed for the project, including copies of their Academic/Professional qualifications (in case of construction: COREN, QSRBN, ARCON, CORBON etc.).
- Verifiable documentary evidence of at least three (3) similar jobs executed in the last five (5) years including, letters of award, valuation certificate, job completion certificates and photographs of the projects (please provide contact addresses of the clients who may be contacted for reference).
- List of Plants/Equipment with proof of ownership/lease (where applicable).
- Only companies included in the National Automotive Design and Development Council’s approved list of local manufacturers for Lots 6, 11 and 12.
- For Joint Venture/Partnership, Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) should be provided (all eligibility requirements are compulsory for each JV partner).
- All documents for submission must be transmitted with a covering/forwarding letter under the Company/Firm’s Letter Head Paper bearing amongst others, the Registration Number (RC) as issued by the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC), Contact Address, Telephone Numbers (preferably GSM No.), and e-mail address. The Letterhead Paper must bear the Names and Nationalities of the Directors of the Company at the bottom of the page, duly signed by the authorized officer of the Firm.
- SUBMISSION OF DOCUMENTS
Interested bidders shall submit their documents for each of the desired Lot, two (2) copies of the technical and financial bid documents each with softcopy of financial bid document only in MS Excel format packaged separately in a sealed tamper proof envelope marked as Technical Bid document or Financial Bid Document. thereafter, put the two sealed envelopes together in a bigger sealed envelope addressed to the Executive Secretary, National Human Rights Commission 19 Aguiyi Ironsi Street, Maitama, Abuja and clearly marked with the name of the project and the Lot number.
Furthermore, the reverse of each sealed envelope should have the name and address of the bidder and drop in the designated Tender Box (Office of the Director Procurement, National Human Rights Commission, 4thFloor, Room 318, 19, Aguiyi Ironsi Street, Maitama, Abuja) not later than 12:00 noon on Monday, 29thJuly, 2019.
- OPEING OF BIDS
The Technical bids will be opened immediately after the deadline for submission at 12:00 noon on Monday, 29thJuly, 2019, at the Auditorium, National Human Rights Commission 19 Aguiyi Ironsi Street, Maitama, Abuja in the presence of bidders or their representatives. The contractors are to ensure that they have sign the Bid Submission Register in the office of the Director of Procurement, National Human Rights Commission, Abuja, as the Commission will not be held liable for misplaced or wrongly submitted bids. For further enquiries, please contact the Director of Procurement on 08181217848/[email protected].
Names of pre-qualified bidders will be placed on the Commission’s notice board, website and text message to their respective addresses.
- GENERAL INFORMATION
- Bids must be in English Language and signed by an official authorized by the bidder.
- Bids submitted after the deadline for submission would be returned un-opened.
- Bidders should not bid for more than two (2) Lots.
- All costs will be borne by the bidders.
- Only pre-qualified bidders will be invited at a later date for collection of Tender documents.
- The Commission is not bound to pre-qualify any bidder and reserves the right to annul the Procurement process at any time without incurring any liabilities in accordance with Section 28 of the Public Procurement Act 2007.
For: Executive Secretary
National Human Rights Commission
SOURCE: DAILY TRUST