NATIONAL HAJJ COMMISSION OF NIGERIA (NAHCON)
APPLICATION FOR AIRLIFT OF NIGERIAN PILGRIMS UNDER STATE PILGRIMS’WELFARE BOARDS/AGENCIES/COMMISSIONS FOR HAJJ 2017
Interested Nigerian/Foreign airlines/carriers with requisite operating authorization and capacity are hereby invited to submit application in accordance with the prescribed application form, for the airlift of pilgrims under the State Muslim Pilgrims’ Welfare Boards/Agencies/Commissions to and fro the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia for 2017 Hajj.
2. The outbound airlift of intending Nigerian pilgrims to Saudi Arabia will commence in the last week of July, 2017 while the inbound (return journey) will commence during the second week of September, 2017. The airlift operations will be conducted at designated Hajj airports in Nigeria and two (2) Airports in Saudi Arabia.
3. Applicants are to note that, Boeing 747-300 and newer series aircraft with capacity to carry a minimum of 450 passengers or other wide-bodied air-craft with capacity to carry a minimum of 300 passengers are required for the operation. The aircraft to be deployed for the operation shall meet the safety and other regulatory requirements of the Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority (NCAA) and the Saudi Arabian General Authority of Civil Aviation (GACA).
CONDITIONS FOR APPLICATION:
4. Each applicant must be active (operationally) and possess a valid Air Operator Certificate (AOC) and must be a designated carrier on Nigeria- Saudi Arabian route by the competent authorities of Nigeria and the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
5. Each applicant also required to submit the following:
i) Evidence of Incorporation/Registration with Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) or its equivalent for foreign applicants with a minimum share capital of at least Two billion naira (N2,000,000,000.00).
ii) Certified true copy of CAC forms C02 and C07 or its equivalent in the case of foreign applicants.
iii) Copies of relevant Licences
iv) Evidence of financial capability to fund the airlift operation.
v) Three consecutive years audited Company Financial Accounts.
vi) Three consecutive years Tax Clearance Certificates.
vii) Submission of evidence of registration with PenCom;
viii) Evidence of non-indebtedness to relevant aviation authorities and service providers both in Nigeria and in Saudi Arabia. More particularly, evidence of clearance from indebtedness to NCAA, NAMA, FAAN and SAHCOL, Butake, NAHCO, GACA and other Saudi-based aviation service providers must be provided.
ix) Details/specifications of aircraft to be deployed for the airlift
x) Verifiable written evidence of ownership or lease agreement with the owners of aircraft as confirmed by the NCAA.
xi) Evidence of ability to make available an authentic/reliable flight schedule for the operation not less than four (4) weeks before the commencement of airlift.
xii) Arrangement for Luggage and Passenger Screening (Security) arrangements in Saudi Arabia.
xiii) Arrangement for in-flight Catering Services with an authorized in-flight catering provider in Nigeria and Saudi Arabia with details; name(s) and addresses. telephone numbers, valid emails of caterers clearly stated and subject to joint inspection by relevant regulatory authorities and the Commission.
xiv) Arrangement for Crew accommodation during the operation in Nigeria and Saudi Arabia.
xv) Arrangements for over flight clearance, en-route and landing permits. In addition. non-Saudi Arabian foreign carriers shall provide evidence or relevant authorization for unrestricted traffic rights on Nigeria- Saudi Arabia route.
xvi) Arrangement for Ground Handling services in Nigeria and Saudi Arabia.
xvii) Arrangements with fuel suppliers in Nigeria and Saudi Arabia.
xviii) Evidence of installation of an aircraft tracker/transponder as confirmed by NCAA.
xix) Arrangement for airfreight of 5-liter Zamzam water per pilgrim during the first phase of the airlift operation.
xx) Organizational structure with necessary antecedents viz: names, qualifications and schedule of duties of the key staff of the company.
xxi) Insurance which must meet the minimum third party (hull, passenger, baggage/cargo and third party) liability limit set by NCAA.
6. Each applicant shall appear for screening on a date to be communicated by the Commission after the receipt of the completed application form. Originals of all documents submitted should be made available for sighting during the screening
ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS TO BE FULFILLED BY SUCCESSFUL APPLICANTS
8. Successful applicants screened by the Commission and approved by the Government shall:
i) Provide re-confirmed arrangements/documentations in items numbers xi – xx in paragraph 5
ii) Provide verifiable evidence on item number xxi in paragraph 5.
iii) Comply with the additional applicable hajj operations requirements of the Saudi Arabian General Authority of Civil Aviation (GACA). All submitted documents and aircraft are liable to be subjected to physical inspection.
iv) Provide an Advance Payment Guarantee (APG) in accordance with the prescribed format to the tune of 50% of the total airfare.
v) Pay Hajj airlift Licence (Clearance) fee ofN3,000,000.00 (three million Naira) to NAHCON.
vi) Execute an Airlift Agreement with NAHCON which contains the terms and conditions of the airlift operation,
vii) Operational center(s) to be opened during the airlift must not exceed the number of aircraft deployed for the operation by each airline.
viii) Confirm arrangements for procurement and delivery of the five (5) liters of Zamzam water for pilgrims.
ix) Confirm arrangement(s) for the 50% or 100% direct flight to Madina
x) Confirm arrangement(s) for departure out of Madina of any number of pilgrims that could not travel to Madina before Hajj
xi) In the case of leased/chartered aircraft, verifiable proof of payment (wire transfer/telex copy) of at least 10% of the full cost of lease/charter at the point of selection
MODE OF APPLICATION
9. Prospective applicants shall:
i) Pay a non-refundable application foe of Nl,000,000.00 (one million Naira) in certified bank draft payable to National Hajj Commission of Nigeria.
ii) Collect an application form from the Secretary of the Commission at the Commission Headquarters,
iii) Complete and submit the application form along with copies of all relevant documents on or before the period indicated below.
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION FORM
10. Duly completed Application forms should be submitted to:
The Secretary of the Commission (Room 303),
National Hajj Commission of Nigeria, Sokoto House,
No. 1 First Avenue, Off Ahmadu Bello Way, Central Business District, Abuja,
The application should reach the Commission not later than four (4) weeks from the date of publication of this advertisement,
II. Please be informed that the application is not intended to create any form of contractual relationship or obligations on the part of NAHCON.
Consequently, NAHCON shall not be liable to any applicant for expenses or loss incurred in connection with the application.
NAHCON shall contact the successful shortlisted Applicants at an appropriate time before formal agreement will be executed.
SOURCE: THE GUARDIAN