FEDERAL GOVERNMENT OF NIGERIA
NATIONAL COUNCIL ON PRIVATIZATION
PRIVATIZATION ADVISORY SERVICES:
CONCESSION OF LAGOS INTERNATIONAL TRADE FAIR COMPLEX (LITFC), LAGOS
INVITATION FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
In line with its current economic reform programme and its resolve to concession the Lagos International Trade Fair Complex (LITFC) for a minimum of Thirty (30) years, the Federal Government of Nigeria (FGN) through the National Council on Privatization (NCP) and its Secretariat, the Bureau of Public Enterprise (BPE) invites expression of interest for consulting services to advise and assist the FGN to concession the Lagos International Trade Fair Complex (LITFC).
OVERVIEW OF LAGOS INTERNATIONAL TRADE FAIR COMPLEX (LITFC)
The Lagos International Trade Fair Complex is located along Lagos-Badagry Expressway, a major gateway into Nigeria from the West African Coast. The Complex has 12 purpose-built exhibition halls, altogether measuring approximately 44,000m2; a hundred chalet motel, a park restaurant with artificial lake, facilities for nursery and primary schools, 12,000m2 office complex with 500-seater air-conditioned auditorium, a post office and a clinic, a mini stadium, a police station, and an electric power substation. The LITFC also has abundant land for further development, although portions of the land are on long-term lease to private developers.
SUBMISSION OF EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI)
The Bureau of Public Enterprises on behalf of the National Council on Privatization now invites eligible Consultants with enterprise in the provision of advisory services for privatization transaction from which a concessionaire that will manage LITFC will emerge.
REQUISITE EXPERIENCE INCLUDE:
• Prior experience in services of similar nature and complexity;
• Thorough knowledge of the specified industry or sector, including regulatory frameworks, pricing, taxation, economic, financial and commercial issues; and
• Possession of at least 10 years of relevant experience, including a proven track record in managing similar transaction processes locally, internationally, and in countries of comparable development as Nigeria.
• Prospective Advisers may submit EOI as a firm or a consortium of firms and/ individual professionals.
• The firm/consortium must have the capacity to provide the following advisory services:
i) Financial Advisory Services
ii) Legal Services
iii) Accounting Advisory Services
iv) Technical Advisory Services (including survey and facility audit)
v) Environmental Advisory Services
Expression of Interest from eligible firms/consortia should include the following information as basis for pre-qualification:
• Profile of firm/consortium including ownership structure in the case of a consortium, the role of each member of the consortium, and their full contact details.
• Names and Curriculum Vitae of all staff of the firm/firms in the consortium who will be involved in the assignment, including their qualification and individual experience in handling similar assignments.
• Copies of unabridged audited financial reports of the firm/Lead Adviser in the case of a consortium for the last five years (2012 to 2016).
• In the case of a consortium, evidence of alliance/partnership or Memorandum of Understanding (MoU).
• Evidence of compliance with the provisions of Financial Reporting Council of Nigeria Act No.6, 2011 and amended Industrial Training Fund (ITF) Act, 2011.
• Evidence of registration with BPE and relevant Tax Authorities.
One original + five copies (and a softcopy on CD ROM) of the Expression of Interest must be submitted in a sealed envelope clearly marked “Expression of Interest for Privatization Advisory Services for ‘The Concession of Lagos International Trade Fair Complex (LITFC), Lagos” and delivered not later than 17:00hrs Nigeria time on or before November 15, 2017 at the address below:
Alex A. Okoh,
Bureau of Public Enterprises
11, Osun Crescent, Off IBB Way
P.M.B. 442, Garki, Abuja FCT, Nigeria
Tel: 234 9 4604400
E-mail: [email protected]
Attention: Joseph Chigbo Anichebe
Director, Industries & Services Department
Tel: 234 9 4604433
Only short-listed applicants will be issued Request for Proposals (RfPs)
PLEASE NOTE THAT E-MAIL AND/OR SCAN SUBMISSIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
SOURCE: DAILY TRUST