An ExxonMobil Subsidiary
Operator of the NNPC/MPN Joint Venture
Tender Opportunity:Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Offshore Installation Hook-up and Commissioning of the Production Platforms Restoration Contracts
NipeX Tender Number: MPN 00000143
Mobil Producing Nigeria Unlimited (MPN) Operator of the NNPC/MPN Joint Venture plans to engage the services of a component and qualified EPCI contractors for executing MPN’s Production Platforms Restoration Projects. These projects shall consist of Engineering, Procurement, Onshore Fabrications, Offshore Installations, Hook-up and Commissioning of several Brownfield projects in MPN locations in Nigeria.
- SCOPE OF WORK
The scope of work includes, but not limited to the following:
- Field Development Projects
- Installation of major structural modifications (to include platform primary supports)
- Reinforcement of existing platform decks and inclusion of new deck extensions
- Demolition and replacement of platform process equipment, pressure vessel, and secondary/tertiary support members
- Wellhead Platform Revamp Projects
- Repair/Replace Sump and Drain Systems
- Repair/Replace Instrument/Power gas Treatment Systems
- Construct New Personnel Shelters
- Wellhead Platform Retrofit
- Repair/Replace existing cellar, process, and helicopter landing decks
- Demolition & replacement of process, utility, and I & E systems
- Replacement valves and piping systems
- MANDATORY REQUIREMENTS
- To be eligible for this tender exercise, interested contractors are required to be prequalified in NipeX Category code 4.05.01: (EPCIC for Steel / Metal / Concrete Structures / Platforms) in NipeX Joint Qualification Scheme (NJQS) database. All successfully pre-qualified suppliers in this categories will receive Invitation to Technical Tender (ITT).
- To determine if you are prequalified and view the product/service category you are listed for: Open http://vendors.nipexjqs.comand access NJQS with your login details. Click on Product/Services Status tab to view your status and product codes.
- If you are not listed in Product/Service category and you are registered with DPR to do business, contact NipeX office at 8/10 Bayo kuku Road, Ikoyi, Lagos with your DPR certificate as evidence of verification and necessary update.
- To initiate the JQS pre-qualification process, access www.nipex-ng.comclick on services tab followed by NJQS registration.
- To be eligible, all tenders must comply with the Nigerian Content requirements in the NipeX system.
- NIGERIAN CONTENT
Company is committed to the development of the Nigerian Oil and Gas business in compliance with the Nigerian Oil and Gas Industry Content Development Act 2010 (NOGICD Act) enacted by the Federal Government of Nigeria in April 2010.
As from the commencement of this Act, the minimum Nigerian Content in any project, service or product specification to be executed in the Nigerian Oil and Gas Industry shall be consistent with the level set in the Schedule to the Act and any other targets as may be directed by the Nigerian Content Development and Monitoring Board (NCDMB).
MPNU requires their Contractors to comply with the Act, its attached Schedule and any applicable regulation developed by the NCDMB.
Nigerian Content (NC) in the Nigerian Oil and Gas Industry is defined as:
“The quantum of composite value added to or created in the Nigerian economy by a systematic development of capacity and capabilities through the deliberate utilization of Nigerian human, material resources and services in the Nigerian oil and gas industry”.
“Nigerian company” is a company registered in Nigeria in accordance with the provisions of Companies and Allied Matters Act with not less than 51% equity shares by Nigerians.
Tenderers shall consider Nigerian content as an important element of their overall project development and management philosophy for project execution.
Tenderer shall demonstrate how first consideration shall be given to the procurement of goods and services of Nigerian origin not limited to Line pipes, and line pipe appurtenances, sacrificial anodes, paints, GRE piping, etc.
As part of their submissions, Tenderers shall:
- Provide a description of its committed infrastructure (asset, equipment, technical and administrative office(s), inspection tools, etc.) in Nigeria to support this contract.
- Evidence that 50% of all equipment deployed to work are owned by Nigerian Companies/entities.
- Provide evidence of company Ownership Structure form CO2 and CO7, registration on NOGICD JQS, DPR certificate.
- Submit a plan on how it intends to give first consideration to goods and services provided from within Nigeria, to meet NC targets for the various phases of the project in line with the requirements of the NOGICD Act.
- Demonstrate key management positions that are Nigerian Nationals and the percentage of the Company total workforce (direct and in-direct employee) that are Nigerians.
- Submit a plan on how it intends to provide Human Capacity Development and Personnel Training.
- Provide evidence of application for NIGERIAN CONTENT EQUIPMENT CERTIFICATE (NCEC) issued by Nigerian Content Development and Monitoring Board (in respect of any components, spares, equipment, systems and packages to be used on the project.
- Tenderer shall ensure that for marine vessels not limited to transportation barges, installation vessels, supply vessels, etc., first consideration shall be given to Nigerian vessels owned by category A/AA vendors and duly categorized on the latest NCDMB NOGIC JQS marine vessel categorization.
Tenderer’s failure to comply with the NOGICD Act or demonstrate commitment to Nigerian Content Development will result in Tenderer’s disqualification.
- CLOSE DATE
Only Tenderers who are registered in the NJQS Product category: 4.05.01: (EPCIC for Steel /Metal/Concrete Structures /Platforms) as at Monday, July 15, 2019 being the advert closing date shall be invited to submit Technical Bids.
- ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
- Interested Suppliers must be prequalified for this product/service category in NJQS.
- Full tendering procedure will be provided only to contractors that have been successfully prequalified in NJQS.
- This advertisement shall neither be construed as an Invitation to Tender (ITT) nor a commitment on the part of MPN to award to any supplier and/or associated companies, Sub-contractors or Agents.
- This advertisement shall not entitle prequalified companies to make any claims whatsoever, and/or seek any indemnity from MPN and/or its partners by virtue of such companies having been prequalified in NJQS.
- All costs incurred in registering and prequalifying for this and other product/service categories in NJQS shall be borne solely by the suppliers.
- Suppliers that are prequalified for this product/service category in NJQS must ensure that their names and contact details (physical address, email and telephone number) of their company and authorized/responsible personnel are up-to-date in their company profile on the NJQS database.
- MPN shall communicate only with the authorized/responsible personnel prequalified companies and not through unauthorized individuals or agents.
- Only Suppliers registered in NipeX category code 4.05.01 as at the last date of this advertisement will be eligible to participate in the tendering exercise.
Please visit the NipeX Portal at www.nipex-ng.comfor this Advert and other information.
Mobil House, Lekki Expressway, Victoria Island, P.M.B. 12054, Lagos