Mobil Producing Nigeria Unlimited
An ExxonMobil Subsidiary
Operator of the NNPC/MPN Joint Venture
Tender Opportunity: Surface Well Testing Services
NipeX Number: 00000115
Mobil Producing Nigeria Unlimited (MPN) operator of the NNPC/MPN Joint Venture (JV) plans to carry out Surface Well Testing Services on its offshore exploration, appraisal, and production location(s) in NNPC/MPN JV acreages. Anticipated contract term is two (2) years with a one (1) year optional extension period. Contract is expected to commence in 2018.
An open competitive tendering process through the NipeX portal will be adopted and a multiple award to more than one tenderer at the lowest tenderer’s rates is anticipated.
- SCOPE OF WORK
MPN requires the services of competent contractors to provide personnel, equipment and materials to perform surface well testing services on low pressure (?5000 psi surface working pressure) and high pressure (>5000 psi surface working pressure) wells to support reservoir management and well work operations.
Contractor’s responsibilities may include but not limited to:
- Project Coordination (including Project Management and Job Planning System).
- Onsite Supervision.
- Technical support.
- Performance of work in accordance with applicable SSHE and Quality Management Systems.
- MANDATORY REQUIREMENT
- To be eligible for this tender exercise, interested contractors are required to be prequalified in the 3.04.14 (Well Testing Services) category in the NipeX Joint Qualification Scheme (NJQS) database. All successfully pre-qualified suppliers in this category will receive Invitation to Technical Tender (ITT).
- To confirm if you are prequalified and view the product/service category you are listed for visit nipexjqs.com and access NJQS with your login details. Click on Products/Services tab to view your status and product codes.
- If you are not listed in Product/Service category and you are registered with DPR to do business, please contact NipeX office at 30 Oyinkan Abayomi Street, Ikoyi, Lagos with your DPR certificate as evidence of verification and necessary update.
- To initiate the JQS pre-qualification process, access nipex-ng.com Click on services tab followed by NJQS registration.
- To be eligible, all tenderers’ must comply with the Nigerian Content requirements in the NipeX system.
- NIGERIAN CONTENT
Company is committed to the development of the Nigerian Oil and Gas business in compliance with the Nigerian Oil and Gas Industry Content Development Act 2010 (NOGICD Act) enacted by the Federal Government of Nigeria in April 2010.
As from the commencement of this Act, the minimum Nigerian Content in any project, service or product specification to be executed in the Nigerian Oil and gas Industry shall be consistent with the level set in the Schedule to the Act and any other targets as may be directed by the Nigerian Content Development and Monitoring Board (NCDMB).
MPNU requires their Contractors to comply with the Act, its attached Schedule and any applicable regulation developed by the NCDMB.
Nigerian Content (NC) in the Nigerian Oil and Gas Industry is defined as:
“The quantum of composite value added to or created in the Nigerian economy by a systematic development of capacity and capabilities through the deliberate utilization of Nigerian human, material resources and services in the Nigerian oil and gas industry”.
“Nigerian company” is a company registered in Nigeria in accordance with the provisions of Companies and Allied Matters Act with not less than 51% equity shares by Nigerians.
Tenderers shall consider Nigerian content as an important element of their overall project development and management philosophy for project execution.
As part of their submissions, Tenderers shall:
- Provide a description of its committed infrastructure (asset, equipment, technical office, and administrative space, storage, workshop, assembly area, repair, and maintenance, testing, laboratory, etc.) in Nigeria (offices, equipment etc.) to support this contract, evidence that a minimum of 50% of all equipment deployed to work by multinational and international companies are owned by the Nigerian subsidiary.
- Demonstrate that its entity is a Nigerian registered company, defined as a company registered in Nigeria in accordance with the provision of Company and Allied Matters Act. Provide details of its Ownership Structure. Submit certified true copies of CAC form (C02 and C07) including Memorandum and Article of Association. For Nigerian company in alliance with a foreign company or multinational, submit evidence if binding agreement of the alliance duly signed by the CEO’s of both parties.
- Submit a plan on how it intends to give first consideration to goods and services provided from within Nigeria, to meet 55% Spend NC targets for provision of Surface Well Testing services in line with the requirements of the Act.
- Demonstrate key management positions that are Nigerian Nationals and the percentage of the Company total workforce (direct and in-direct employees) that are Nigerians.
- Submit a plan on how it intends to provide Human Capacity Development and Personnel Training.
- Submit evidence of Memorandum of Agreement (MOA) with NCDMB approved R&D cluster for the execution of the R&D activities.
- Provide evidence of application for NIGERIAN CONTENT EQUIPMENT CERTIFICATE (NCEC) issued by Nigerian Content Development and Monitoring Board (in respect of any companies, spares, equipment, systems and packages to be used on the project.
Tenderer’s failure to comply with the NOGICD Act or demonstrate commitment to Nigerian Content development will result in Tenderer’s disqualification.
- CLOSE DATE
Only Tenderers who are registered in the 3.04.14 (Well Testing Services) category in NipeX Joint Qualification Scheme (NJQS) database as at Thursday, February 22, 2018, being the advert closing date shall be invited to submit the Technical Bids.
- Interested suppliers must be prequalified for this product/service category in NJQS.
- Full tendering procedure will be provided only to contractors that have been successfully prequalified in NJQS.
- This advertisement shall neither be construed as an Invitation to Tender (ITT) nor a commitment on the part of MPN to award to any supplier and/or associated companies, sub-contractors or agents.
- This advertisement shall not entitle prequalified companies to make any claims whatsoever, and/or seek any indemnity from MPN and/or its partners by virtue of such companies having been prequalified in NJQS.
- All costs incurred in registering and prequalifying for this and other product/service categories in NJQS shall be borne solely by the suppliers.
- Suppliers that are prequalified for this product/service category in NJQS must ensure that their names and contact details (physical address, email and telephone number) of their company and authorized/responsible personnel are up-to-date in their company profile on the NJQS database.
- MPN shall communicate only with the authorized/responsible personnel prequalified companies and not through unauthorized individuals or agents.
Please visit the NipeX Portal at www.nipex-ng.com for this Advert and other information.
Mobil House, Lekki Expressway, Victoria Island, P.M.B. 12054, Lagos
SOURCE: THE PUNCH