P.M.B. 1293, MAIDUGURI
INVITATION FOR PRE-QUALIFICATION FOR EXECUTION OF 2018 CAPITAL PROJECTS
Lake Chad Research Institute (LCRI), Maiduguri, wishes to invite interested, and reputable Contractors/Suppliers and Consultant(s) with relevant experience to express interest for the underlisted projects at its headquarters:
- SCOPE OF WORKS/GOODS/SERVICES
CATEGORY A: GOODS
LOT 1: Supply of office furniture (Tables and Chairs)
CATEGORY B: WORKS
LOT 2: Construction of Green House at the Institute Headquarters
CATEGORY D: SERVICES
LOT 3: Training on Postharvest handling of Wheat Seeds and Grains across the Wheat value chain
LOT 4: Training on Youths and Women empowerment on selected crops
LOT 5: Capacity building for unemployed Youths and Women in poultry value chain in Kogi State
CATEGORY E: CONSULTANCY
LOT 6: Expression of Interest as Consultant(s) in Civil and Works to prepare bids and supervise ongoing Projects
3. ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
Interested and reputable Contractors/Suppliers and Consultant(s) are required to submit their firm profiles, which will include the following documents:
- Evidence of Certificate of Incorporation with Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) including form CAC2 and CAC7;
- Evidence of Company Income’s Tax Clearance Certificate for the last three (3) years (2015, 2016 & 2017) valid till 31stDecember, 2018.
- Evidence of current Pension Compliance Certificate valid till 31stDecember, 2018.
- Evidence of current Industrial Training Fund (ITF) Compliance Certificate valid till 31stDecember, 2018.
- Evidence of current Nigeria Social Insurance Trust Fund (NSITF) Compliance Certificate valid till 31stDecember, 2018.
- Evidence of Registration of the National Database of Federal Contractors, Consultants and Service Providers by submission of Interim Registration Report (IRR) expiring 30/6/2019 or valid Certificate issued by BPP.
- Sworn Affidavit
- disclosing whether or not any officer of the relevant committees of Lake Chad Research Institute or Bureau of Public Procurement is a former or present Director, Shareholder or has any pecuniary interest in the bidder and to confirm that all information presented in its bid are true and correct in all particulars.
- None of the director(s) of the company seeking pre-qualification has ever been convicted for any criminal offence relating to fraud or financial impropriety or criminal misrepresentation or falsification of facts relating to any matter
- None of the Directors or the company is bankrupt
- Company’s Audited Accounts for the last three (3) years 2015, 2016 & 2017 certified by a Professional Accounting /Audit Firm.
- Evidence of financial capability to execute the project including Reference Letter from a reputable commercial bank indicating willingness to provide credit facility for the execution of the project when needed.
- Company profile with the curriculum vitae of key staff to be deployed for the project including copies of their Academic/Professional qualifications (in case of construction: COREN, QSRBN, ARCON, CORBON etc.).
- Verifiable documentary evidence of at least three (3) similar jobs executed in the last five (5) years including, letters of award, valuation certificate, job completion certificates and photographs of the projects.
- Evidence of Firm’s registration with relevant professional bodies (Category C & D).
- List of Plant/Equipments with proof of ownership/lease (where applicable).
- All documents for submission must be transmitted with a covering/forwarding letter under the Company/Firm’s Letter Head Paper bearing amongst others, the Registration Number (RC) as issued by the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC), Contact Address, Telephone Numbers (preferably GSM No.), and e-mail address. The Letterhead Paper must bear the Names and Nationalities of the Directors of the Company at the bottom of the page, duly signed by the authorized officer of the Firm
5.0 SUBMISSION OF PREQUALIFICATION DOCUMENTS
Prospective bidders are to submit pre-qualification documents for each of the Lot desired; two (2) hard copies each of the technical bids packaged in sealed envelopes and clearly marked as “Technical Bid”, and addressed to:
The Executive Director,
Lake Chad Research Institute,
Km 5, Gamborun/Ngala Road P.M.B. 1293, Maiduguri
and clearly marked with (the name of the Project and the Lot number). Furthermore, the reverse of each sealed envelopes should have the name and address of the bidder and dropped in the designated Tender Box at the Administrative Block FGC, Jos, not later than 12 noon on Monday, 1stApril, 2019.
5. OPENING OF PRE-QUALIFICATION DOCUMENTS
These documents would be opened at 12 noon on Monday, 1stApril, 2019 in the Institute’s Conference Hall. Bidders and/or their representatives, relevant professional bodies, Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) and the public are invited to witness the exercise.
6. GENERAL INFORMATION
- Please note that response to this invitation shall not oblige the Institute to consider any responding firm for qualification
- The Institute is not bound to accept submission that does not meet up with the requirement as specified
- Bids must be in English Language and signed by an official authorized by the bidder
- Bids submitted after the deadline for submission would be returned unopened
- Bidders should not bid for more than two (2) Lots
- All costs will be borne by the bidders
- Only pre-qualified bidders/shortlisted Consultants will be invited at a later date for collection of Tender documents/Request for Proposals upon payment of non-refundable tender fee of N10,000.00
- The Lake Chad Research Institute is not bound to pre-qualify any bidder and reserves the right to annul the Prequalification Process at any time without incurring any liabilities in accordance with Section 28 of the Public Procurement Act 2007.
SOURCE: DAILY TRUST