LAGOS STATE GOVERNMENT
MINISTRY OF HEALTH
INVITATION FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI) FOR THE ENGAGEMENT OF A FIRM TO SERVE AS A SUB-RECIPIENT(SR) FOR THE IMPLEMENTATION OF TUBERCULOSIS CONTROL PROGRAM ACTIVITIES UNDER THE LAGOS STATE MINISTRY OF HEALTH
In its quest to significantly improve the case detection rate of Tuberculosis (TB) in Lagos State as well as scale up TB services in both Private and Public facilities, the Lagos State Ministry of Health is hereby seeking for Expression of Interest from suitably qualified organizations to be engaged as Sub-Recipient in the implementation of TB Control Program activities.
This program is to be conducted under the LSMOH TB/HIV/RSSH Grant with support from the Global Fund. The Sub-Recipient will be charged with carrying out various strategies and activities in the State towards achieving the goals and objectives of the program.
The Sub-Recipient is expected to achieve the following goals and objectives:
Goal: To ensure universal access to high-quality, patient-centered, prevention, diagnosis and treatment services for TB, TB/HIV and DR-TB by 2020.
Objective: To increase case notification rate of all forms of TB from 55.1/100,000 population in 2017 to 287 per 100,000 population in 2020.
To increase TB treatment success rate from 85% in 2017 to 90% IN 2020 among drug susceptible patients.
To enroll 100% of diagnosed DR-TB patients on appropriate treatment by 2020.
EXPECTED TARGETS AND STRATEGIES
The Case notification target for Lagos State in the first year (2019) is 22,191 while the second year (2020) is 24,275.
The key strategies for achieving the goal and objectives are:
i. Intensified case-finding in public health facilities. (Targeted % contribution to case-finding is 30% in the first year and 25% in the second year).
ii. Intensified case-finding in private facilities (including engagement of Patent Medicine Vendors and Community Pharmacists). The % contribution here is 30% in the first year, and 35% in the second year.
iii. Active case finding in Lagos slums (community), % contribution is 40%.
iv. Active Case Finding among TB Contacts.
v. Enhancing Community Awareness of TB.
2.0 REQUIREMENTS FROM INTERESTED ORGANIZATIONS
Prospective organizations must possess relevant experience and will be required to submit comprehensive technical and financial information as follows:
2.1 LEGAL STATUS AND PROFILE
• Full name of organization and contact person, postal address, telephone/fax numbers, and e-mail addresses.
• Ownership structure including name(s) of shareholders and percentage shareholdings.
• Organization’s registration including Certificate of Incorporation, certified true copies of Memorandum and Articles of Association and CAC Form C07.
• Evidence of registration with the relevant professional bodies.
• Evidence of registration with Lagos State Public Procurement Agency.
• List of current accounts with banks.
2.2 RELEVANT EXPERIENCE
Must have implemented TB control activities in Public and Private facilities as well as community levels in the last 3 years in Lagos State. However, experience in implementation of Global Fund TB grant will be an advantage.
2.3 FINANCIAL CAPABILITY
Provide the following information:
• Most recent 3-Years (2014, 2015, 2016) Audited Financial Statements and latest Management Accounts.
• Evidence of having managed similar donor funded project of a minimum N100m (or other currency equivalent) expended over a maximum period of two years (within the last five years).
• Evidence of Company Tax Clearance for the last 3 years (2014, 2015, 2016).
3.0 SUBMISSION OF EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
The EOI document should include:
• An original copy and five (5) other copies of Expression of Interest shall be delivered in a sealed envelope clearly marked “EOI – Sub-Recipient (SRs) for the implementation of TB control Program” and delivered to the address below, not later than 4:00pm, 28th November, 2018.
Office of the Honourable Commissioner,
Lagos State Ministry of Health,
Room 505, Block 4
It should be noted that this invitation does not constitute a commitment on the part of the LASG and/or LSMOH. Furthermore, the submission of documents shall not entitle any of the interested parties to any claims against LASG and/or LSMOH by virtue of such Consortia having responded to the EOI invitation. All costs incurred by respondents as a result of this EOI invitation and any subsequent requests for information shall be for the respondent’s account only.
Dr. Jide Idris,
Lagos State Ministry of Health,
SOURCE: THE NATIONS NEWSPAPER