REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL
(Procurement of Goods and Services)
Date: April 10th, 2019
Bidding No: KOICA-Nigeria-2019-01
For Full Request for Proposal and related regulations and formats, check our website: https://www.koica.go.kr/sites/nga_en
- The Korea International Cooperation Agency (KOICA) Nigeria Office intends to invite local and foreign eligible bidders for Manufacture/Purchase, Delivery, Installation, Training and Folow-up Management of Equipment for its ongoing project in Abuja, Nigeria.
- Brief of Bidding
Bid Title: Provision of equipment for e-Government Training Center in PSIN
Scope of Works: Supply (purchase or manufacture as necessary) of equipment and furniture, delivery to designated place, installation, commissioning, operational training, follow-up management and maintenance
Employer: Korea International Cooperation Agency (KOICA) Office in Nigeria
Bid Currency: USD
Location: Public Service Institute of Nigeria (PSIN), Kubwa Expressway, Dutse
Bid Type: International Open Competitive Bidding
Eligibility: IT, Furniture and decoration companies, etc. (Joint Venture Allowed)
Duration: 3 months upon signing the contract (among which the last month is for inspection and rectification)
Basic Price: USD 458,234 (VAT exempted)
Contract Condition: Liquidated Damages: 0.075% per day (up to 10% of contract price)
Bid Security: 5% of Bidding Price
Advance Security: 30% of Contract Price and interest
Performance Security: 10% of Contract Price
Maintenance Security: 3% of Contract Price (two years from completion date of contract)
Warranty: Two years warranty on all equipment required
Selection of Successful Bidder:
- Method: Two-Phased Competitive Bidding (Technical & Price Evaluation)
- Bidders that earn 85 point or above in the Technical Evaluation will be entitled to participate in the Price Evaluation
- In the Price Evaluation, the bidder with the lowest compliant price under the estimated price will be selected as the successful bidder
- For details of the evaluation criteria, refer to the Full Request for Proposal at our website.
- Bidding Schedule
- Bid Conference (Date, Time, Place): April 15th, 2019, 2 pm. Embassy of the Republic of Korea
- Attendance of Bid Conference is mandatory for bidders
- To participate in the Bid Conference, please send your company name and representative’s name via E-mail to KOICA Nigeria Office by April 12th, 4 pm
- Site Visit to the Training Center (Date, Time, Gathering Place): April 16th, 2019, 10 am, Public Service Institute of Nigeria, Dutse
- To participate in the Site Visit, please apply at the Bid Conference
- Deadline for Submission of Letter of Interest (Date, Time, Method of Submission): April 18th, 2019, 5 pm, submit official letter to KOICA Nigeria Office in person
- Deadline for Submission of Bid (Date, Time): April 29th, 2019, 4 pm, submit all necessary documents in right number of copies to KOICA Nigeria Office in person
- All Bids must be accompanied by a Bid Security of no less than five percent (5%) of the Total Bid Price.
- Price Evaluation (Date, Time, Place): May 3rd, 10 am, KOICA Nigeria Office
- Only Successful Bidders after the Technical Evaluation are invited.
- Contract with Successful Bidder (Date, Place): May 6-8th, TBD
- All deadlines must be kept strictly, with all requirements being met.
- All documents should be addressed to KOICA Nigeria Office. For address, look 14 below.
- Even if a national holiday is announced during the bid, KOICA will follow the schedule.
- Bidders shall submit all documents mentioned below:
Eligibility Criteria: Legal Entity for Business in Nigeria
Documents to be submitted: Corporate Registration and Certified True Copy Certificate from Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC)
Eligibility Criteria: Owner Identification
Documents to be submitted: Owner and Authorized Personnel ID (in case of company representative, an authorization letter in his name and ID is required)
Eligibility Criteria: Acceptance of General Conditions of Contract
Documents to be submitted: Letter of Confirmation of Joining Bidding (Expression of Interest Form)
Eligibility Criteria: Consortium Agreement for Joint Venture
Documents to be submitted: In Provided Format (Optional for Joint Ventures only)
Evaluation Criteria: Similar Experience and Performance Outcome;
Supplying equipment of schools, research facilities, officies, etc. for the last 5 years from the bid announcement, dated between April 6, 2014 and April 5, 2019.
Documents to be submitted: Taking Over Certificate of Equipment, or Letter of Acceptance from ordering body, or documentary evidence issued from national institutions with pictures of works done of the company for the last 5 years
Evaluation Criteria: Price Proposal
Documents to be submitted: Price Proposal
Evaluation Criteria: Technical Proposal (Proposed Procurement Plan in detail)
Documents to be submitted: Technical Proposal (detailed plan) for supply, delivery, installation, training and follow-up management of all items (IT, furniture, etc.), and additional suggestions
All Equipment Specifications with Pictures and Exhaustive Data and Details of Features and Quality
Training Manual, Operating and User’s Manual and Equipment Check list
- The available budget for this project is USD 458,234 (Value Added Tax exempted) and Bidder’s proposals should not exceed this budget. Any bid exceeding the project budget may result in rejection of its bid.
- The prices in this bidding are all exempted from Value Added Tax (VAT), and Bidding Price should exclude VAT.
- This project is exempt from Value Added Tax (VAT) according to the Record of Discussion. Federal Ministry of Communication (FMC) is responsible for following VAT exemption issue while the KOICA Nigerian Office does not have any authority nor hold any responsibility.
- Language of Proposal: English
- KOICA Nigeria Office requires that Bidders observe the highest standard of ethics during the procurement and execution of such contracts. In pursuance of this policy, KOICA;
- Will reject a proposal for award if it determines that the Bidder recommend for award has engaged in corrupt or fraudulent practices in competing for the contract in question.
- Will recognize a bidder as ineligible, for a period determine by KOICA.
- Bidders must be officially registered for business at authorities concerned in Nigeria
- KOICA will not be responsible for any costs or expenses incurred by Bidders in connection with the preparation or delivery of bids.
- Bidders are expected to examine all instructions, forms, terms and specifications in the bidding documents; Failure to furnish all information required by the bidding documents or submission of a bid not substantially compliant to the bidding documents in every respect shall be at the Bidder’s risk and may result in rejection of the bid.
- KOICA reserves the right to increase or decrease the quantity of goods and related services originally specified provided this does not exceed the 20% without any change from bidders in the unit prices or conditions.
- All bidding documents should be addressed to:
The Country Director, KOICA Nigeria Office
Address: 9 Ovia Crescent, Off Pope John Paul II Street, Maitama, Abuja, Nigeria
Telephone: (+234) 806-460-4525
E-mail: [email protected]