FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA
KOGI STATE NEWMAP
(PROJECT ID: P124905)
(ISSUANCE DATE: 3RDJUNE, 2019)
(DATE OF SUBMISSION: 25THJUNE, 2019)
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST (REOI) FOR THE PRODUCTION OF CATCHMENT MANAGEMENT PLAN FOR TWO (2) EROSION CONTROL SITES IN KOGI STATE
This Request for Expression of Interest follows the update of the general procurement notice for this project that appeared in UN Development Business issue of 27thApril, 2012 and in Nigerian newspaper of 27thSeptember, 2012.
As part of Governments commitment to transformation of the Nigerian Socio-economy landscape, a multi-sector project is being executed in Nigeria to mitigate the vulnerability to erosion and support the people as they relate to their land. The Nigeria Erosion and Watershed Management Project (NEWMAP) is an 8-years multi-sectoral and multi-scale program that targets states with acute gully erosion. The project is involving many Federal and State Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs), Local Governments, Communities and civil societies who are responsible for Planning, economy, finance, works, agriculture, water resources, forests, transport, power, emergency, response as well as those focused on climate and hydrological information or watershed /basin regulation. In order to achieve this, the Federal Government of Nigeria (FGN) has received a credit of US$500 million from the International Development Association (IDA) for the implementation of the Nigeria Erosion and Watershed Management Project (NEWMAP).
Kogi State who is participating in the implementation of the project, intends to use part of the proceeds of the credit for the production of Catchment Management Plans for each of the Two (2) designated Erosion control sites in the State.
OBJECTIVE OF CATCHMENT MANAGEMENT UNDER NEWMAP
In line with the realization of the overall goal of NEWMAP, integrated catchment management approach is apt for adoption and is guided by, but not limited to the following broad objectives.
- Protect project investments of new gullies and other land other relevant infrastructure on site;
- Prevent the formation of new gullies and other land degradation beyond the immediate gully site(s) in project catchments;
- Ensure an integrated approach with livelihood development, community participation and ownership of the project for sustainability; and
- Encourage the harmonization of plans and interventions through greater coordination between multi-sectoral institutions.
SCOPE /EXPECTED OUTPUT
The expected output includes but not limited to the production of detailed Catchment Management Plans for each of the Two (2) designated Catchment Areas (Agassa in Okene LGA and Ogugu in Olamaboro LGA respectively.
SUBMISSION OF EXPRESSION OF INTERESTS (EOIs)
The Kogi State-Nigeria Erosion and Watershed Management Project (NEWMAP) now invites eligible consulting firms (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services.
The Shortlisting Criteria are:
- Evidence showing the fields of specialty of the firm (consultant’s profile/brochures)
- Evidence showing that the firm is a legal entity (certificate of registration)
- Evidence of registration with relevant authorities and professional bodies
- Evidence showing the technical and managerial capabilities of the firm in the field of assignment
- Experience of working in a similar geographical region
- Description of similar assignments
- Availability of appropriate skills among staff, and availability of essential technology etc. for each previous project performed, the consultant shall provide the name and contact address of the client (office & e-mail address, and telephone number), date(s) of execution, name(s) of lead and associate firms, contract amount and financing sources.
The attention of interested Consultant (firm) is drawn to paragraph 1.9 of the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants [under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits and Grants] by World Bank Borrowers, [January 2011] (“Consultant Guidelines”), please visit www.worldbank.org, setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest. In addition please refer to the following specific information on conflict of interest related to the assignment as per paragraph 1.9 of Consultant Guidelines.
Consultants may associate with other firms in the form of a joint venture or a sub-consultancy to enhance their qualifications.
A consultant will be selected in accordance with the Consultant Qualification Selection (CQS) method set out in the Consultant Guidelines.
Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours (10.00am to 16.00pm), Monday to Friday.
Expressions of Interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below (in person, or by mail, or by fax, or by e-mail) on or before 12 noon Tuesday 25thJune, 2019.
Kogi State-Nigeria Erosion and Watershed Management Project (KG-NEWMAP),
Attention: Barr. Ladi Ahmed Jatto – State Project Coordinator
Kogi State Project Management Unit (KO-SPMU)
Plot 247, Tunde Ogbeha Street, GRA, Lokoja, Kogi State
Telephone: +234 810 946 7464
Email: [email protected]
SOURCE: DAILY TRUST