GOVERNMENT OF KOGI STATE
MINISTRY OF ENVIRONMENT
SPECIFIC PROCUREMENT NOTICE
Issuance Date: Thursday, October 25, 2018
KOGI STATE NIGERIA EROSION AND WATERSHED MANAGEMENT PROJECT
CREDIT NO. IDA 51050 NG
Contract Title: Procurement of Works for the Reclamation, Channeling and Remediation Works at Agassa and Adum Road Gully Erosion Sites
Reference No. IFB No KGS/NEWMAP/CW/ICB/17/01
1. The Federal Republic of Nigeria has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Nigeria Erosion and Watershed Management Project (NEWMAP), and intends to apply part of the proceeds toward payments under the contracts for Procurement of Works for the Gully Stabilization, Reclamation, Channeling and Remediation Works at Agassa and Adum Road Erosion Sites.
2. The State Project Management Unit (SPMU), Kogi State-Nigeria Erosion and Watershed Management Project (KGS-NEWMAP) on behalf of Kogi State Government now invites sealed bids from eligible bidders for Procurement of Works for the Gully Road Erosion Sites, packaged into the following two Lots:
Lot 1: Agassa Gully Erosion Site which is located on Latitude194006 and 19394N and Longitude 834497 and 833825E it is a valley between Okene-eba hill and the surrounding hills. The gully is 1,341m in length and has width ranging from 15 to 20m, and depth of 4m. the works include construction of culverts, drainage channels, catch pits, concrete slabs, use of gabion, rehabilitation of roads within the catchment area among others as detailed in the scope of works. The works is expected to be completed within fifteen months of commencement.
Lot 2: Adum Road Gully Erosion Site which is located within the Ogugu Community in Olamaboro LGA. It has three (3) main gully heads with the first located about Lat./Long 70 9.258’N and 70 28.691 ‘E. the second gully head is located on Lat./Long 70 9.248’N and 70 28.676’E. The third gully head is located on Lat./Long 70 9.248’N and 70 9.248’N. The work include the construction of culverts, stepped side drains, catch-pits, use of gabion Reno-mattress on geotextiles, rehabilitation and upgrading of roads in among others.
The works is expected to be completed within fifteen months of commencement.
Domestic preference of seven and a half (7.5%) percent and bidders qualification without prequalification shall apply.
3. Bidders may bid for one or two contracts, as further defined in the bidding document, but can only be awarded more than one Lot provided they satisfy the aggregate requirements for both Lots. Bidders wishing to offer discounts in case they are awarded more than one contract will be allowed to do so, provided these discounts are included in the Letter of Bid.
4. Bidding will be conducted through the International Competitive Bidding procedures using Request for Bids (RFB) as specified in the World Bank’s “Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowes –Procurement in Investment Projects Financing” (insert date of applicable Procurement Regulations edition as per legal agreement) (“Procurement Regulations”), and is open to all eligible Bidders as defined in the Procurement Regulations.
5. Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information from State Project Management Unit (SPMU) (KGS-NEWMAP) Attn: Barrister Ladi Ahmed Jatto (Project Coordinator) [email protected], +234 8109467464 and inspect the bidding documents during office hours 0900 to 1700 hours at the address given below.
6. A complete set of bidding document in English Language may be purchased by interested eligible bidders upon the submission of a written application to the address below and upon payment of a non-refundable fee of Thirty Thousand Naira (N30,000.00) or One Hundred (US $100.00) US Dollars. The method of payment will be through Bank Draft in favour of Project Coordinator Kogi State – Nigeria Erosion and Watershed Management Project. The document will be sent by courier services on request.
7. Sealed Bids must be delivered to the address below on or before 12:00 noon Thursday December 20, 2018. Electronic bidding will not be permitted. Late bids will be rejected.
Bids will be publicly opened in the presence of bidders’ designated representatives and anyone who choose to attend at the address below.
8. All bids must be accompanied with Bid Security of
Site Description: Lot 1: Agassa Gully Erosion Site
Location/LGA: Okene LGA
Bid Security: N73.0M(US$240,000)
Site Description: Lot 2: Adumu Road Gully Erosion Site
Location/LGA: Olamaboro LGA
Bid Security: N73.0M(US$240,000)
9. The address referred to above is:
State Project Management Unit (SPMU)
Kogi State – Nigeria Erosion and Watershed Management Project
(KGS-NEWMAP), Plot 247, Tunde Ogbeha Street, GRA, Lokoja
Kogi State, Nigeria
E-mail: [email protected]
Telephone: +234 8109467464
SOURCE: DAILY TRUST