IKEJA ELECTRIC PLC.
IE SERVE (CONNECT): CALL FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
Ikeja Electric Plc. Buoyed by a mission to redefine customer experience and by the provider of choice wherever energy is consumed, Ikeja Electric Plc. (Ikeja Electric), Nigeria’s largest power distribution network powers lives and businesses with innovation and upwavering drive for excellence. The company began its new phase of growth and expansion on November 1st, 2013 following the handover of the defunct Power Holding Company of Nigeria (PHCN) to NEDC/ KEPCO Consortium under the privatization scheme of the Federal Government of Nigeria.
As part of our commitment to deepen our relationship with IE customers and provide more access to our services, we are on the verge of rolling out IE Serve (Connect) across select locations; in partnership with corporate partners.
The IE Serve (Connect) Touchpoints are positioned as exclusive franchise collection and service centers of Ikeja Electric where our world class customer service can be accessed by our customers. We intend to roll out IE Serve (Connect) touchpoints in the following locations:
In this regard, we are calling for expression of interest from Corporate Partners to manage the IE Serve (Connect) centres in partnership with Ikeja Electric under a franchise agreement. The corporate partners will enjoy brand, promotional, operational and business support from Ikeja Electric and deliver cutting edge customer service to Ikeja Electric customers.
Who are we looking for?
• The Franchisee must be business owners with requisite financial capability to invest in the project.
• Franchisee must have the ability to deliver exceptional world class services on a continuous basis. A background in structured retail management/service delivery or experience running a utility bill collection agency will be an advantage.
• Franchisee must have good knowledge/influence in locations they seek to operate in order to grow our collections in these locations over time. Franchisee must be ready to work with the Service Level Agreements (SLAs) defined by Ikeja Electric and its amendment(s) from time to time.
• Franchisee must be ready to meet and exceed the revenue and service performance criteria for collections and customer service to be defined by Ikeja Electric from time to time.
• Franchisees who are existing IE partners must be those whose agents have not in any way defrauded IE customers through uncredited payments.
Partner Reward and Commissions
The Franchisees will be rewarded through effort-based performances on achievement of collection and other targets. There will also be criteria-based incentives on evaluation of service delivery performance measured against set KPIs.
The Franchisee will be selected after competitive screening and interviews. Ikeja Electric will be assessing prospective Franchisees’ skills, experience and technical capability to manage the touchpoint efficiently and deliver on agreed targets. In addition, Franchisees will be required to also undergo financial screening and be ready to provide the following – evidence of Company Registration with CAC, Tax Clearance Certificate and evidence of Tax Remittances, evidence of Financial Capability to invest in the business over time (for example – corporate bank account statement or any other evidence of financial depth) and any other information that can give them competitive advantage.
Interested business owners should send their full company profile an notice of expression of interest on their corporate letterhead with their preferred choice of location e.g. “Expression of Interest: IE Serve Olateju” to:
The Franchise Management Unit
Obafemi Awolowo Way, Alausa, Lagos.
Or send as a mail to: [email protected]
All applications must be received on/before COB Friday, February 16th, 2018.
SOURCE: THE GUARDIAN