OYO STATE GOVERNMENT
IBADAN URBAN FLOOD MANAGEMENT PROJECT (IUFMP)
(PROJECT ID: P130840 IDA NO. 5510)
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANTS
(One (1) year Contract; Renewable)
The Oyo State Government has received financing from the World Bank to support the implementation of Ibadan Urban Flood Management Project (IUFMP). The Project however intends to apply part of the proceeds of the credit for the payment of the following Individual Consultants to further strengthen the capacity of the Project Implementation Unit (PIU) to effectively deliver on the Project Development Objectives;
1) Monitoring and Evaluation Consultant
2) Hydraulic Consultant
3) Procurement Consultant
4) Geographical Information System (GIS) Consultant
5) IT Support and Web Management Expert
The Scope of Assignments for each position are but not limited to the following:
1. POSITION AND QUALIFICATION: Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Consultant (Must possess a minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics / Economics / Mathematics / Social Sciences / Public Policy or related fields with minimum of 8 years cognate experience in Public Sector Organization). Possession of Post Graduate Degree in the above related fields and relevant Professional Certifications will be added advantage.
SERVICES TO PERFORMED: He/She will ensure regular monitoring of the status of all project activities (through the preparation and updating of implementation plans and schedules, operations manuals, disbursement projections etc.), including preparation and transmission of comprehensive progress reports as required under the Project.
It will also be the responsibility of the Consultant to supervise daily activated of the PIU members, evaluating performances and operating effectiveness (including staff performance evaluations and feedback), making recommendations for change, as necessary.
2. POSITION AND QUALIFICATION: Hydraulic Consultant (Must possess a minimum of Master Degree in Civil Engineering with specialization in Water and Waste Engineering with minimum of 10 years cognate experience in Public Sector Organization). He/She must be a registered member of relevant Professional Bodies).
SERVICES TO BE PERFORMED: Major task to be performed by the Consultant includes co-ordination of all project related activities (project supervision, engineering designs, feasibility study and implementation) relating to flood management in Ibadan City of Oyo State under Ibadan Urban Flood Management Project. He /She will also be saddled with the responsibility of identifying, formulating, planning, preparing, organizing, coordinating, supervising and managing project related infrastructure and drainage works including storm water drainage, dam rehabilitation, dredging and reticulation systems.
3. POSITION AND QUALIFICATION: Procurement Consultant (Must possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Procurement/Engineering /Law/Economics/Statistics/Project Management with minimum of 8 years cognate experience in Public Sector Procurement). Possession of Post Graduate Degree in the above related fields and relevant Professional Certifications will be added advantage.
SERVICES TO BE PERFORMED: He /She will assist the Procurement Team in the preparation of Bidding Documents, Evaluation Reports and in post-procurement Contract Management including the preparation of Request for Proposals, Evaluation of Proposals and other responsibilities related to Consultancy Services. Generally, he /she will be entrusted with the critical task of preparing Procurement Documents of the Project in accordance with the IDA Credit and the World Bank Procurement Guidelines.
4. POSITION AND QUALIFICATION: Geographical Information System (GIS) Consultant (Possession of a Bachelor’s Degree in Geography /Urban and Regional Planning /Environmental Science with minimum of 8 years and work related experience. Possession of Post Graduate Degree in the above related fields and relevant Professional Certifications will be added advantage).
SERVICES TO BE PERFORMED: He/ She will coordinate and manage all geospatial database produced through IUFMP Strategic Studies and Plans by managing the set-up GIS system and coordinating its use between different user agencies. The Consultant will also provide technical support and training to PIU and relevant MDAs on the use of the GIS and GIS Laboratory. Ensures adequate collaboration with in-house IT Support and Web Management Expert to deliver on set goals.
5. POSITION AND QUALIFICATION: IT Support and Web Management Expert (Possession of a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Information Technology/Mathematics/Statistics with minimum of 8 years and specialized work related experience. Possession of Post Graduate Degree in the above related fields and relevant Professional Certifications will be added advantage).
SERVICES TO BE PERFORMED: The Individual Consultant will provide expert technical maintenance and support to Ibadan Urban Flood Management Project (IUFMP) websites and other related platforms/portals. He /She will work closely with Project Implementation Unit and other relevant MDAs to gather data/information with a review to updating the portals/sites and ensuring that the contents meet the required acceptable standards. He/ She will also maintain all IUFMP hardware and train relevant stakeholders. Should ensure smooth collaborative effort with in-house GIS Consultant.
The Ibadan Urban Flood Management Project (IUFMP) now invites eligible individual consultants to indicate their interest in providing the services. Interested consultants must provide information through their Curriculum Vitae indicating that they are qualified to perform the services (description of similar assignments, experience in similar conditions, availability of appropriate skills etc.).
A consultant will be selected in accordance with the Individual Consultant Procedures set out in the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants by World Bank Borrowers January 2011. Please visit www.worldbank.org.
Interested consultants may obtain further information at the address below between the working hours of 9:00am – 4:00pm, Mondays through Fridays.
Expression of Interest must be delivered in sealed envelope to the address below latest by Monday 16th July, 2018 between the working hours of 9:00a.m to 4:00p.m, Mondays through Fridays.
The Project Coordinator
Ibadan Urban Flood Management Project (IUFMP)
Room BS 3-5, 2nd Floor, Ministry of Local Government Building
The Secretariat, Ibadan
Tel: 08073141729, 08096700946
SOURCE: THE GUARDIAN