HEARTLAND ALLIANCE INTERNATIONAL
CONSULTANCY TO TRANSLATE PSYCHOSOCIAL INTERVENTION GUIDE FROM ENGLISH TO HAUSA AND KANURI
Heartland Alliance International with support from the U.S Department of State’s office to Monitor and Combat Trafficking in Person (J/TIP), HAI is implementing Protect, Shelter and Heal, a two-year project to improve comprehensive services for survivors of trafficking in Northeast Nigeria. This innovative project builds on HAI’s extensive experience providing integrated services for survivors of trafficking, by developing technical training models that can be adopted and replicated to contexts in other countries. The project will expand existing coordination efforts among national and state governments, and create identification and referral networks to respond to the needs of survivors.
Part of HAI intervention in Northeast Nigeria is capacity building and training of State Social Workers to offer psychosocial support to victims of trafficking and persons who have suffered trauma owing to violence and displacement.
SCOPE OF WORK
1. Consultants to translate a 54 page English version of the Psychosocial Intervention Guide into Hausa and Kanuri Languages, peculiar to Borno State. The translation should be User friendly, easy to read and accurately capture the content and spirit of the English Psychosocial Intervention Guide.
2. Recruit Proof readers to in ascertaining spelling checks, errors and conformity with the Primary Guide.
3. Processing of the translation in an electronic copy that succinctly captures the characters peculiar to Hausa and Kanuri languages and thereafter submit to HAI.
• Detailed CV containing Cognate Experience in translation of official documents, into particularly Hausa and Kanuri languages peculiar to Borno State of northeast Nigeria from English.
• Full details of the company’s profile (if applicable).
• Evidence of company incorporation with CAC (if applicable).
• Evidence of Tax remittance or TIN Number.
Qualified Bidders are expected to submit all documents listed in the prequalification requirement alongside the financial bid. Financial bids must be in NGN and must be signed by authorized representatives of the bidding company or individual bidding. Financial bid should include Delivery Schedule/Lead time, cost of translation.
• Following the requirement of the Federal Government of Nigeria, Heartland Alliance International will deduct 5% withholding tax from the total contractual sum. Also note that HAI as a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) is VAT exempted. This is applicable to individual or organization bidding.
• Applications should be emailed to [email protected]@heartlandalliance.org, on or before October 13th, 2017.
• Heartland Alliance International reserves the right to reject any or all bids if it fails to meet the criteria or submitted after the stipulated closing date.
Applications must be submitted not later than 5:00pm on October 13, 2017. Only electronic copy will be accepted and should be submitted to above email addresses with the subject title of “CONSULTANCY TO TRANSLATE PSYCHOSOCIAL INTERVENTION GUIDE FROM ENGLISH TO HAUSA AND KANURI”.
SOURCE: THE GUARDIAN