GERMAN COOPERATION/EUROPEAN UNION
EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
Project Title: Supporting Strengthening Resilience in North-East Nigeria
Funding Agencies: European Union and the German Federal Ministry of Economic Cooperation and Development
Implementation: German Federal Enterprise for International Cooperation “GIZ” GmbH
For the Construction of up to 150 water points in Borno and Adamawa States, GIZ is looking for qualified companies to drill and develop shallow and deep wells equipped with solar powered pumps and to build overhead tanks, hydraulic installations, water fetching points and site protection.
Work include the drilling of shallow wells (up to 70m deep) and deep wells (up to 500m deep) in Adamawa and Borno States including casing and screens, well development and well head construction, installation of solar panels and solar powered pumps, construction of steel tanks, hydraulic installations, water fetching points and fencing. The works also include pumping and water quality tests for each well and the submission of required drilling logs and a well completion report – this list is not complete but give an over view about typical works.
All works must follow the Nigerian Code of Practice for Well Construction (NCP 027: 2010)
The works will be tendered in lots by geographic reference. A first tender is aiming to realize up to 50 water point projects (about 10 deep wells in Maiduguri and 2*20 shallow wells in Mubi North, Mubi South & Maiha). In case of satisfactory results, initial contracts could be prolonged to finalize the following lots.
If your professional profile fulfills the following criteria:
• Proven experience with the realization of similar projects
• Proven ownership of required drilling machinery, compressor and equipment
• Proven qualified professional employees and borehole drillers.
We are interested in your expression of interest. Due to the aim to support local communities, companies from Borno and Adamawa would be favoured but must meet the below mentioned criteria.
Accordingly, GIZ invites interested and qualified firms to furnish GIZ Nigeria Country Office with the following:
1. An official letter expressing interest clearly indicating business area as Borehole Drilling Company
2. Evidence of registration with Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC)
3. Proof of successful completion of at least three (3) similar projects (drilling and development of solar powered boreholes, water towers, fetching points and reticulation lines and with a minimum contract value of 150,000,000 NGN each) in the last five (5) years with the name of the client, a phone number and e-mail address of a contact person for each reference.
4. Ownership of at least three (3) drilling rigs, three (3) compressors, three (3) mud pumps, three (3) support trucks, three (3) water tanks and a comprehensive list of other construction and drilling equipment owned. All equipment must be fully functional and would be assessed before award.
5. Comprehensive company profile with a list of qualified employees including CVs of at least one (1) project manager and one (1) drilling site manager having at least a B.Eng./BSC of Engineering with minimum seven (7) years’ experience in managing similar projects as well as one hydrologeologist with minimum seven (7) years’ experience in executing similar projects. All CV’s should be a maximum five pages and all employees provided should be readily available throughout the project lifetime unless replaced by (dependent on the approval by (GIZ) an employee with similar qualifications and experience.
6. Evidence of being financially capable to finance such tender preferably by introductory bank letter including name, phone number and e-mail address of a contact person at the bank.
7. Three (3) years Tax Clearance Certificate preferably recent three (3) years not later than 2014.
8. Evidence of membership with the Council for the Regulation of Engineering in Nigeria.
For consideration, all interested bidders should send an email to [email protected] labeled “Expression of Interest 83300592”
Requesting for pre-qualification template documents (Pre-qualification form and CV documents electronically and submit the aforementioned documents as a hard copy in a sealed envelope to GIZ Nigeria Office reception at No.4 Julius Nyerere Crescent, Asokoro, Abuja labeled:
“Expression of Interest 83300592”,
Your complete documents should not be more than 30 pages otherwise your EOI will not be considered.
Only complete documents received at the physical address indicated above not later than Monday October 29th, 2018 by 5pm will be accepted and considered.
The shortlist for the successful bidders will be a maximum of only ten companies.
Do not send price offer, kindly note that complete tender documents would be sent to firms that qualify from expressing their interest.
SOURCE: DAILY TRUST