INVITATION TO TENDER
The University of Agriculture, Makurdi intends to undertake the procurement of various Works, Goods and Services under the Year 2015 – 2018 TETFund (Merged) Annual Intervention. To this end, and in line with provisions of the Public Procurement Act, the University is inviting Technical and Financial Proposals from interested experienced and competent Firms/Contractors for the following projects:
- SCOPE OF WORK
The scope of Works/Supply for the projects earmarked for execution is categorized as follows:
- CATEGORY A – INVITATION TO TENDER FOR WORKS
SCOPE OF WORK
LOT A1 CONSTRUCTION OF 1No 3-FLOOR BLOCK OF ACADEMIC OFFICES AND SEMINAR ROOMS (PHASE 1) FOR COLLEGE OF SCIENCE
LOT A2 CONSTRUCTION OF 1No 3-FLOOR BLOCK OF ACADEMIC OFFICES AND SEMINAR ROOMS (PHASE 2) FOR COLLEGE OF SCIENCE
LOT A3 CONSTRUCTION OF 1No 3-FLOOR BLOCK OF LECTURE HALLS AND LABORATORIES (PHASE 2) FOR COLLEGE OF AGRICULTURAL AND SCIENCE EDUCATION
LOT A4 CONSTRUCTION OF 1No 3-FLOOR BLOCK OF ACADEMIC OFFICES AND LABORATORIES FOR DEPARTMENT OF SOCIAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL FORESTRY AND FISHERIES
LOT A5 CONSTRUCTION OF CADAVER PRESERVATION BUILDING FOR DEPARTMENT OF ANATOMY AT COLLEGE OF VETERINARY MEDICINE
LOT A6 CONSTRUCTION OF EXTERNAL WORKS FOR DEPARTMENT OF SOCIAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL FORESTRY AT COLLEGE OF FORESTRY AND FISHERIES
- CATEGORY B – INVITATION TO TENDER FOR FURNISHING
LOT B1 FURNISHING OF 1No 3-FLOOR BLOCK OF ACADEMIC OFFICES AND SEMINAR ROOMS (PHASE 1) FOR COLLEGE OF SCIENCE
LOT B2 FURNISHING OF 1No 3-FLOOR BLOCK OF ACADEMIC OFFICES AND SEMINAR ROOMS (PHASE 2) FOR COLLEGE OF SCIENCE
LOT B3 FURNISHING OF 1No 3-FLOOR BLOCK OF LECTURE HALLS AND LABORATORIES (PHASE 2) FOR COLLEGE OF AGRICULTURAL AND SCIENCE EDUCATION
LOT B4 FURNISHING OF 1No 3-FLOOR BLOCK OF ACADEMIC OFFICES AND LABORATORIES FOR DEPARTMENT OF SOCIAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL FORESTRY AT COLLEGE OF FORESTRY AND FISHERIES
LOT B5 FURNISHING OF LIBRARY
- ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
- Evidence of Certificate of Incorporation with Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) including Forms CAC2 and Form CAC7 along with evidence of filing annual returns for the preceding three (3) years (2016, 2017 and 2018) by inclusion of an acknowledgement letter from the Corporate Affairs Commission.
- Evidence of current Tax Clearance Certificate for the last three (3) years (2016, 2017 and 2018).
- Evidence of current Pension Compliance Certificate valid till 31st December, 2019.
- Evidence of current Industrial Training Fund (ITF) Compliance Certificate valid till 31stDecember, 2019.
- Evidence of current Nigeria Social Insurance Trust Fund (NSITF) Compliance Certificate valid till 31st December, 2019.
- Evidence of Registration on the National Database of Federal Contractors, Consultants and Service Providers by submission of Interim Registration Report (IRR) expiring 1/1/2020 or valid Certificate issued by BPP.
- Evidence of current Sworn Affidavit in response to this advert:
- Disclosing whether or not any officer of the Federal University of Agriculture, Makurdi or the Bureau of Public Procurement is a former or present Director, Shareholder or has any pecuniary interest in the bidder;
- Stating that the bidder is not in receivership, insolvent or bankrupt;
- Affirming that the bidder does not have any Director, who has been convicted in any court in Nigeria or any other country for criminal offence in relation to fraud or financial impropriety; and
- To confirm that all information presented in its bid are true and correct in all particulars.
- Company’s Audited Accounts for the last three (3) years – 2016, 2017 and 2018.
- Company profile including registered/head/branch addresses, functional email address and GSM phone number(s) with curriculum vitae of key staff to be deployed for the project, including copies of their Educational/Professional qualifications; in addition, the submission by bidders to evidence of COREN Registration Certificate in addition to evidence of Registration Certificate with either CORBON OR QSRBN; and submit a list of Technical Staff including at least three key registered professionals – an Architect, a Civil/Structural Engineer and a Quantity Surveyor – including their CVs with copies of their Academic/Professional certificates and 2019 Annual Practicing License; all copies of the professional certificates should be endorsed by the individual professional along with the professional seal.
- Evidence of financial capability to execute the project by submission of a Reference Letter from a reputable commercial bank indicating willingness to provide credit facility for the execution of the project when needed.
- Evidence of average annual turnover of at least N200 Million for the past three (3) years 2016, 2017, 2018.
- List of Plants/Equipment with proof of ownership/lease (where applicable).
- Verifiable documentary evidence of at least three (3) similar jobs executed in the last five (5) years including Letters of Award, Valuation Certificates, Job Completion Certificates and Photographs of the Projects.
- For Joint Venture/Partnership, Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) should be provided (all eligibility requirements are compulsory for each joint venture partner); and
- All documents for submission must be transmitted with a covering/forwarding letter under the Company/Firm’s Letter Head Paper bearing amongst others, the Registration Number (RC) as issued by the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC), Contact Address, Telephone Numbers (preferably GSM No.), and e-mail address. The Letterhead Paper must bear the Names and Nationalities of the Directors of the Company at the bottom of the page.
- COLLECTION OF BID DOCUMENTS
Interested firms are to collect tender documents from the Secretary, University Tenders Board, North Core, Federal University of Agriculture, Makurdi between the hours of 10:00am – 3:00pm on working days upon presentation of authenticated payment evidence of the non-refundable Tender fee of N10,000.00 (Ten Thousand Naira only) per individual Lot made in favour of the University of Agriculture, Makurdi Remita (TSA) account, the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) payment gateway on the payment process should kindly contact the University Bursar, North Core, Main Campus on telephone number 08054764505.
- SUBMISSION OF TENDER DOCUMENTS
Prospective bidders are to submit three hard copies (one original, and two duplicate copies of the original) each of the Technical and Financial Bids with a softcopy of Financial Bid only in MS Excel format for each of the Lot desired, packaged separately in sealed envelopes and in each case clearly marked as “Technical Bid” or “Financial Bid”. The financial bid should be accompanied by a Bid security (in the form of a Bank Guarantee from a reputable Nigerian Bank), whose value should not be less than 2% of the Tender Sum by the bidder in the format as approved in the Standard Bidding Document. Thereafter the two sealed envelopes should be put together in a bigger sealed envelope and clearly marked “Invitation to Tender”; the name of the company, the project name and the Lot number should be boldly written on the reverse side of the envelope and should be dropped in the locked Tender Box located in the Office of the Registrar. The bigger sealed envelope should be addressed to:
Federal University of Agriculture
The closing date for the submission of Tender documents is 12:00 noon, Thursday, November 7, 2019.
- OPENING OF BID
The technical bids will be publicly opened immediately after the submission deadline at 12:00 noon on Thursday, November 7, 2019 in the Registrar’s Office, North Core, 2nd Floor in the presence of Bidders or their representatives, while the Financial Bids will be kept unopened. Please bidders should ensure that you sign the Bid Submission Register in the Registrar’s Office, as the University will not be held liable for misplaced or wrongly submitted bids. For further enquiries, please contact the Director, Procurement at [email protected]; [email protected].
- GENERAL INFORMATION
- All documents/information must be in English language paginated and submitted in the sequence/order as listed in Eligibility Criteria 3.0 (i-xv) above, as applicable.
- All pages of the Financial Bid must be endorsed by the authorized representative of the bidder.
- Non-compliance with any one of the Eligibility Criteria listed in 3 i-xv will lead to the automatic disqualification of the bid and its being adjudged as Non-Responsive.
- Bids submitted after the deadline for submission will be returned unopened
- A company should not bid for more than one (1) Lot per Category, any Company that violates this will be automatically disqualified.
- Pre-qualified bidders for Category A & B will be contacted at a later date for Financial Bid Opening while Financial Bids of unsuccessful bidders will be returned unopened.
- All costs will be borne by the bidders as the University will not be held responsible for any cost or expenses incurred by any interested party in connection with any response to this invitation.
- The Federal University of Agriculture, Makurdi is not bound to pre-qualify any bidder and reserves the right to annul the procurement process at any time without incurring any liabilities in accordance with Section 28 of the Public Procurement Act 2007.
- Any interested member of the public, including Civil Society Organizations, Professional Bodies, etc. are invited to attend the Bid Opening exercise as Observers, such persons are expected to adhere to the Code of Conduct for Procurement Observers as stipulated by the Bureau for Public Procurement; and
- For further enquiries, please contact the Director, Procurement between 10:00am to 3:00pm (Mondays-Fridays) at the following address:
Directorate of Procurement
Federal University of Agriculture
North Core, Main Campus
SOURCE: DAILY TRUST