P.M.B 2253, JOS, NIGERIA
INVITATION FOR TECHNICAL AND FINANCIAL TENDERS & EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI) FOR YEAR 2019
The Federal School of Medical Laboratory Technology (Science), Jos intends to undertake the Procurement of various goods and services under the 2018 Capital Budgets.
In compliance with the Public Procurement Act 2007, the School invites interested and reputable Contractors with relevant experience and good track records to submit documents necessary for consideration for the execution of projects under 2018 Capital Budget.
- SCOPE OF WORK/SUPPLY
LOT 1: (FSMLT/LT1/2019) PROCUREMENT OF TEACHING/LEARNING AIDS AND EQUIPMENT
LOT 2: (FSMLT/LT2/2019) PROVISION OF ELECTRICITY/OVERHEAD RETICULATION AT PERMANENT SITE
LOT 3: (FSMLT/LT3/2019) PROVISION OF WATER DISTRIBUTION NETWORK VIA DRILLING OF BOREHOLES AT THE PERMANENT SITE
LOT4: (FSMLT/LT4/2019) PROCUREMENT OF OPERATIONAL/UTILITY VEHICLE
- ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
Interested and competent contractors, suppliers and service providers/consultants wishing to carry out any of the projects are required to submit the following documents, which will be subjected to verification and due diligence.
Mandatory/Responsive Requirements: Failure to fulfill any of the underlisted requirements will render a bid disqualified:
- Evidence of Certificate of Incorporation with Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) including Forms CAC2 and CAC7;
- VAT Certificate;
- Evidence of Company Income Tax Clearance Certificate for the last three (3) years valid till 31stDecember, 2019.
- Evidence of current Pension Compliance Certificate valid till 31stDecember, 2019.
- Evidence of current Industrial Training Fund (ITF) Compliance Certificate valid till 31stDecember, 2019.
- Evidence of current Nigeria Social Insurance Trust Fund (NSITF) Compliance Certificate valid till 31stDecember, 2019.
- Evidence of Registration of the National Database of Federal Contractors, Consultants and Service Providers by submission of Interim Registration Report (IRR) expiring 31/1/2020 or valid Certificate issued by BPP.
- Sworn Affidavit disclosing whether or not any officer of the relevant committees of Federal School of Medical Laboratory Technology (Science), Jos or Bureau of Public Procurement is a former or present Director, Shareholder or has any pecuniary interest in the bidder and to confirm that all information presented in its bid are true and correct in all particulars.
- Company’s Audited Accounts for the last three (3) years 2016, 2017, 2018.
- Evidence of financial capability to execute the project by submission of Reference Letter from a reputable commercial bank in Nigeria indicating willingness to provide credit facility for the execution of the project when needed.
- Company profile with the curriculum vitae of key staff to be deployed for the project including copies of their Academic/Professional qualifications.
- Verifiable documentary evidence of at least three (3) similar jobs executed in the last five (5) years including, letters of award, valuation certificate, job completion certificates and photographs of the projects.
- List of Equipments with proof of ownership/lease.
- Only companies included in the National Automotive Design and Development Council’s approved list of local manufacturers of vehicles or their authorized representatives should bid for the vehicles.
- For Joint Venture/Partnership, Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) should be provided (all requirements are applicable to each JV partner).
- All documents for submission must be transmitted with a covering/forwarding letter under the Company/Firm’s Letter Head Paper bearing amongst others, the Registration Number (RC) as issued by the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC), Contact Address, Telephone Numbers (preferably GSM No.), and e-mail address. The Letterhead Paper must bear the Names and Nationalities of the Directors of the Company at the bottom of the page, duly signed by the authorized officer of the Company/Firm.
- COLLECTION OF TENDER DOCUMENTS
Interested companies/firms are to collect the Standard Bidding Documents (SBD) from the Accounts Department of the School on evidence of payment of a non-refundable tender fee of N10,000.00 per Lot, paid into the Federal School of Medical Laboratory Technology (Science)’s remita account in any commercial bank from 9am – 3pm working days. (Remita Payment procedures can be obtained from the Accounts Department of the School).
- SUBMISSION OF TENDER DOCUMENTS
Prospective bidders are to submit bid for each of the Lot desired, two (2) hard copies each of the Technical and Financial bids with soft copy of financial bid only in MS Excel format, packaged separately in sealed envelopes and clearly marked as “Technical Bid” or “Financial Bid”. Thereafter, put the two sealed envelope together in a bigger sealed envelope addressed to THE PROVOST/CEO, FEDERAL SCHOOL OF MEDICAL LABORATORY TECHNOLOGY (SCIENCE), JOS, PLATEAU STATE, and clearly marked with the NAME OF THE PROJECT AND THE LOT NUMBER. Furthermore, the reverse of each sealed envelopes should have the name and address of the bidder and drop in the designated Tender Box in the Provost Office on or before 12:00 noon on Monday, 12thAugust, 2019. Late Bids will be returned unopened.
- OPENING OF BIDS
All Technical bids received will be opened immediately after the deadline for submission at 12:00 noon on Monday, 12thAugust, 2019 at the School’s Mini Hall in the presence of bidders or their representatives, while the Financial Bids will be kept unopened. Please ensure that you sign the Bid Submission Register in the Office of the HOD, Procurement, as the Federal School of Medical Laboratory Technology (Science) Jos will not be held liable for misplaced or wrongly submitted bids.
- INVITATION FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI) FOR CONSULTANCY SERVICES
The School hereby invites Consultants/Firms with relevant experience to indicate their interest in the following:
LOT 5: (FSMLT/LT5/2019) Workshop and Training on Research Methodology
LOT 6: (FSMLT/LT6/2019) Hiring of External Auditors for Federal School of Medical Laboratory Technology (Science), Jos
- QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS – In addition to the requirements above:
- Evidence of registration with Centre for Management Development (CMD (Lot 5);
- Evidence of Firm’s Practice License issued by ICAN/ANAN or any related professional body (Lot 6);
- SUBMISSION OF EOI DOCUMENTS
Expression of Interest (EoI) shall be in two (2) hard copies (Original & Copy) and one (1) soft copy for each Lot clearly marked, on or before 12:00 noon on Monday, 15thJuly, 2019 to the Office of the Head of Procurement of the School. Opening of the EoIs will take place immediately after the close of submission at 12:00 noon on Monday, 15thJuly, 2019, at the School Mini Hall. Only shortlisted firms will be invited at a later date for collection of Request for Proposals.
- GENERAL INFORMATION
- Bids must be in English Language and signed by an official authorized by the bidder;
- Bids submitted after the deadline for submission would be returned un-opened;
- Bidders should not bid for more than one (1) Lots;
- All costs will be borne by the bidders;
- All pre-qualified (Works & Goods) will be contacted at a later date for Financial bid opening, while financial bids of un-successful bidders will be returned to them unopened;
- The Federal School of Medical Laboratory Technology (Science), Jos is not bound to prequalify any bidder and reserves the right to annul the Procurement process at any time without incurring any liabilities in accordance with Section 28 of the Public Procurement Act 2007.
For further enquiries, please contact the Head of Procurement on e-mail;
SOURCE: DAILY TRUST