FEDERAL MINISTRY OF WATER RESOURCES (FMWR)
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST FOR FACILITY MANAGEMENT OF THE FACILITIES UNDER GURARA PHASE 1 MULTIPURPOSE DAM IN KADUNA STATE, NIGERIA
The Federal Ministry of Water Resources (FMWR) is interested in engaging a Facility Manager for effective and efficient operation and management of the facilities under the Gurara Phase 1 Multi-purpose Dam project in Kaduna State.
The Guara Phase 1 Multi-Purpose Dam has a reservoir capacity of 880million cubic meters that is meant for the following:
i) Supplying of raw water to the FCT through a 3m diameter pipe over 75km distance from Gurara Dam to Lower Usuma Dam (LUD);
ii) Generation of 30 MV hydropower;
iii) Irrigation of 60,000 Hectares of Agricultural Farmland; and
iv) Aquaculture, Tourism etc.
The Federal Ministry of Water Resources invites experienced and reputable Facility Management Firm to express interest in the Operation and Management of the Dam and its facilities. The 30 MW hydropower station will be concessioned out as a separate contract.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE SUBMISSION OF EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI)
Expression of Interests (EOIs) from prospective Facility Manager (FM) should indicate interest by detailing the following information as basis for pre-qualification:
• Full mane and nationality (country of registration of the company);
• Evidence of company registration with Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) (Nigerian companies), Certified True Copy (CTC) of Memo & Article of Association;
• Profile of firm/consortium and Curriculum Vitae (CV) including ownership structure and role of each corporate entity with full contact details including email and phone number of the lead firm;
• Details of direct experience in managing facilities of similar nature in Nigeria or any developing country (attach letters of engagement);
• Experience of working in Nigeria and/or sub-Saharan Africa;
• Submission of three (3) years Audited Accounts – 2013, 2014 & 2015.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS FOR NIGERIAN FIRMS
• Evidence of Tax Clearance Certificate for 2013, 2014 & 2016 (for Nigerian Firms).
• Evidence of payment of Training contribution to ITF (Industrial Training Fund).
• Certificate of Compliance issued by the National Pension Commission as evidence of fulfilling employer’s obligation to employees with respect to Pension Act, 2004.
• Verifiable Audited accounts in the last three (3) years (2013, 2014 & 2015) duly stamped by licensed Auditors.
Upon receipt of Expressions of Interest (EOI) from prospective Facility Manager; the FMWR, in line with the BPP Act shall evaluate the submissions and pre-qualify applicants. The successful FM will be competitively selected in accordance with the procedures set out in the BPP Standard Request for Proposals (RFP) for the selection of Consultancy firms.
FURTHER INFORMATION SUBMISSION
Expression of Interest must be submitted in six (6) hard copies (one original & five copies) and one soft copy (in readable CD) in a sealed envelope clearly marked “EXPRESSION OF INTEREST: MANAGEMENT OF GURARA PHASE 1 MULTIPURPOSE DAM PROJECT, KADUNA STATE and it should be delivered not later than 12:00hrs Nigerian time on 25th September, 2017 to the address below:
The Director of Procurement,
Federal Ministry of Water Resources
Area 1 Federal Secretariat,
Garki Abuja – Nigeria.
All EOIs will be opened at 14:00hrs on 25th September, 2017 in the Conference Room of the Federal Ministry of Water Resources. Interested bidders are welcome to attend if desired.
PLEASE NOT THAT:
• Only shortlisted firms will be invited for further consideration.
• Late submission will not be evaluated.
• This advertisement shall not be constructed as a commitment on the part of FMWR to appoint any firm nor shall it entitle any firm submitting documents to claim any indemnity.
• FMWR reserves the right to take final decision on any of the documents received in the EOI.
• Interested applicants may obtain further information at the address above from 08:00am to 16:00pm, Monday through Fridays (except public holidays).
• Submissions via courier will be accepted if delivered within the submission time shown above.
• Expression of Interest through email or fax will not be accepted.
• All submissions must be made in English Language.
SOURCE: DAILY TRUST