FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA
FEDERAL MINISTRY OF WATER RESOURCES
3RD NATIONAL URBAN WATER SECTOR REFORM PROJECT
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST FOR CONSULTANCY SERVICES FOR DEVELOPMENT OF BILLING SYSTEM SOFTWARE AND TARIFF STUDIES IN ABIA, ANAMBRA, BAYELSA, BENUE, GOMBE, JIGAWA, KANO, ONDO & PLATEAU STATE WATER AGENCIES
Project Title: 3RD National Urban Water Sector Reform Project
Credit No.: CR 5416-NG
Assignment Title: Consultancy Services for Development of Billing System Software and Tariff Studies in Abia, Anambra, Bayelsa, Benue, Gombe, Jigawa, Kano, Ondo & Plateau State Water Agencies
Reference No.: 3NUWSRP/QCBS/BT2017
The Federal Government of Nigeria (FGN) has received financing from the World Bank towards the cost of the Third National Water Urban Water Sector Reform Project, and intends to apply part of the proceeds for the consultancy services for development of billing system software and tariff studies in nine states water agencies: the nine SWAs are grouped into three Lots as follows:
LOT I: Abia, Anambra and Bayelsa Ref. no 3NUWSRP/QCBS/BTA/2017;
LOT II: Benue, Ondo and Plateau Ref. no 3NUWSRP/QCBS/BTB/2017; and
LOT III: Gombe, Jigawa and Kano Ref. no 3NUWSRP/QCBS/BTC/2017
OBJECTIVE OF THE ASSIGNMENT
The objective of the assignment is to enable each State Water Agency develop a billing and collection system that will support the cost recovery improvement and also conduct a study and come up with a modification of the present tariff system to ensure the sustainability of water supply services of Umuahia, Awka, Yenagoa, Makurdi, Akure, Jos, Gombe, Dutse and Kano.
SCOPE OF ASSIGNMENT
The scope of the services will include but not limited to the following:
- Development of sustainable billing and collection software
- Conduct Tariff studies and develop Tariff guidelines for SWAs.
All firms and those in a consortium MUST provide evidence of the following statutory documents obtained locally or from the country of origin;
- Verifiable evidence of certificate of Incorporation or equivalent registration documents, copies of Memorandum and Article of Association and Form CO7.
- Verifiable evidence of Tax Clearance Certificate (TCC) and Returns to the respective authorities in countries of operation/origin for the last three years (2014, 2015 & 2016).
- Audited financial statements of firm or firms within the consortium for the last three years 2014, 2015 & 2016 (statements must be duly certified by licensed Auditors)
In addition to above, it is mandatory for the local consultants to provide verifiable evidence of the following:
- Compliance with the Industrial Training Fund Amendment Act, 2011 by inclusion of Compliance Certification from the Industrial Training Fund (ITF) for (2017) of the firm or firms within the consortium.
- Compliance with Pension Reform Act, 2004 by inclusion of compliance certificate from the National Pension Commission (PENCOM) for 2017 of the firm or firms within the consortium.
SUBMISSION OF EXPRESSION OF INTERESTS (EOIs)
The Federal Ministry of Water Resources now invites eligible firm or joint venture to indicate interest in providing these services for any and/or all the lots as indicated. Interested Consultants must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services. Shortlisting criteria are as follows:
- Minimum of 10 years of professional experience in development utility software and computerized billing systems for utilities like water and electricity.
- Experience of at least 2 successfully completed utility computerized billing exercise within the last 10 years.
- Availability of suitable professional personnel with requisite cognate experience and competency.
- Documentary evidence of similar contract award/completion. Consultants may associate to enhance their qualifications.
One original and two copies of the Expression of Interest must be delivered the address below not later than Tuesday, 28th November, 2017 by 12:00 noon in a sealed envelope clearly marked “Expression of Interest for Consultancy Services for Development of Billing System Software and Tariff Studies in Lot…….(Ref. number)”.
The consultant will be selected using Quality and Cost Based Selection (QCBS) method, and in accordance with the procedures set out in the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants by World Bank Borrowers, published in January 1997 (revised September 1997, January 1997, May, 2002 & May, 2004 and 2011).
All submissions should be addressed to:
The National Project Coordinator
Project Coordinating Unit
National Urban Water Sector Reform Project
Federal Ministry of Water Resources
No.15, Ajesa Street, Wuse II
For further information on enquiries, please contact the Project Coordinator on:
Phone: +234 (0)8033495318
E-mail: [email protected]
NOTE: The Ministry is not bound to shortlist any consultant.
Musa Ibrahim Ph.D.
Federal Ministry of Water Resources
Area 1 Secretariat, Garki-Abuja
SOURCE: DAILY TRUST