FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA
TRANSFORMING IRRIGATION MANAGEMENT IN NIGERIA PROJECT
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (REOI) CONSULTANCY SERVICES – FIRM SELECTION
PROJECT ID NO.: P123112
CREDIT NO: CR 5506-NG
ASSIGNMENT TITLE:CONSULTANCY SERVICES FOR PERIODIC M&E DATA COLLECTION, IMPACT EVALUATIONS AND COMPLETION REPORT FOR THE TRANSFORMING IRRIGATION MANAGEMENT IN NIGERIA
REFERENCE NO.: FMWR/TRIMING/QCBS/2019/01
The Federal Government of Nigeria (FGN) has received a credit from the International Development Association (IDA) toward the cost of the Transforming Irrigation Management in Nigeria (TRIMING) Project and it intends to apply part of the proceeds of the credit towards payment for consultancy services.
The TRIMING Project Development Objective is to improve access to irrigation and drainage services and to strengthen institutional arrangements for integrated water resources management and agriculture service delivery in selected large-scale public schemes in Northern Nigeria.
The principal proposed investment components are the following:
Water Resources Management and Dam Operations Improvement; irrigation Development and Management; Enhancing Agricultural Productivity and Support to Value Chains Development; and Institutional Development and Project Management. The Implementing Agency for the Borrower (Government of Nigeria) is the Federal Ministry of Water Resources (FMWR). The FMWR has appointed a Project Management Unit (PMU) to manage all aspects of procurement, management, payments and disbursement applications for the Project.
The consulting services (“the Services”) include:
- To maintain, manage and update the Project M&E including the delivery of updated/final database (in STATA or SPSS format) and infographics of the findings for 2019 and subsequent years;
- Carry out financial and economic analyses of the project at the Project’s midterm review and Project’s completion;
- Preparation of the Borrower Implementation Completion and Results Report and
- To strengthen the capacity of M&E staff at various governance levels including FMWR, River Basin Development Authorities (RBDAs), Scheme Irrigation M&E Officers (SIMEOs), Zonal Extension Offices (ADP) as well as the Water user Associations (WUAs).
The duration of the services is 3 years with possible two years extension.
The FMWR through its PMU of the TRIMING Project now invites eligible consulting forms (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services.
The Shortlisting Criteria are:
- Evidence of general experience in organizing large scale household surveys in Nigeria or any other developing countries within the past ten years (at least minimum of two (2) or more projects)
- Evidence of core business and number of years in business related monitoring and evaluation
- Proven demonstrable capacity and experience in planning and organizing survey logistics
- General qualifications and number of key staff (as may be presented in the company’s organizational structure)
- Firm’s experience in similar assignments including i.e. Presented requisite previous experience in impact evaluation and baseline surveys
- Proven experience with Multinational development project such as World Bank, AFDP, USAID, DFID may be considered as added advantage.
Interested Consultants are encouraged to provide verifiable information demonstrating the fulfillment of the selection criteria in form of project profiling stating: the project name, the location of the project, the name and address of the client/beneficiary, the name (s) of associated firm (s) if any, the duration of the assignment, the value of the contract and a brief narrative of the project.
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraph 1.9 of the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and employment of Consultants (under IBRD loans and IDA Credit and Grants) by World Bank borrowers. January 2011 edition revised July 2014 (Consultants Guidelines) setting forth the World Bank Policy on Conflict of Interest.
Interested consultants may obtain further information from the address below during office hours 08:00 and 17:00 (Local time Monday to Friday) and/or send an email to the National Project Coordinator at address [email protected].
Consultants may associate with other firms to enhance their qualifications, but should indicate clearly whether the association is in the form of a joint venture and or a sub-consultancy. In the case of joint venture, all partners in the joint venture shall be jointly and severally liable for the entire contract, if selected.
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the QCBS method set out in the Consultant Guidelines.
A hard copy of Expression of Interest must be delivered to the address below in person or by courier not later than 14:00 hours local time on 20thAugust, 2019.
Attn: National Project Coordinator
Transforming Irrigation Management in Nigeria (TRIMING) Project,
Federal Ministry of Water Resources,
Plot 1402 Abba Kyari Street, off Adesoji Aderemi Street,
Tel: +234-8038391469 or +2348052048706
E-mail: [email protected]
National Project Coordinator
SOURCE: DAILY TRUST