4, OTUNBA AYODELE SOYEDE LANE (FORMERLY PARK LANE), APAPA, LAGOS
IN COMPLIANCE WITH THE GUIDELINES OF THE
The Infrastructure Concession Regulatory Commission (ICRC) Act 2005 & The National Policy on Public Private Partnership (PPP) Project
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI) FOR TRANSACTION ADVISORY SERVICES FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF IBADAN INLAND DRY PORT PROJECT ON PUBLIC PRIVATE PARTNERSHIP (PPP) IN OYO STATE
The Nigerian Shippers’ Council (NSC), in pursuit of its function of facilitating trade, protection of cargo interest in all transport modes and its mandate as the economic port regulator is promoting the development of Inland Dry Port in Ibadan, Oyo State. The NSC in partnership with Oyo State Government intend to enter into joint-venture Public-Private Partnership (PPP) with a top-tier private sector partner to establish an Inland Dry Port at Olorisacko on the Iseyin-Ibadan road, Ibadan, Oyo State.
The Ibadan Inland Dry Port (IDP) project was proposed to the Nigerian Shippers’ Council by the CRCC Construction Company Limited as an unsolicited Proposal. The proposed project is for the development and equipping of IDP in Ibadan, Oyo State under the best possible PPP arrangement on the Project site approximately 40Ha expanse of land.
The preparation of the Outline Business Case (OBC) has been completed by the promoter (CRCC Construction Company Limited) upon which the Infrastructure Concession Regulatory Commission (CRC) granted the Certificate of Compliance. However, the next phase is the Full Business Case for which a Transaction Advisor is south to render services from procurement of a concessionaire to a successful business dose.
The procurement of a Transaction Advisor will comply with Public Procurement Act, 2007 and the National Policy on PPP published by the Infrastructure Concession Regulatory Commission (ICRC). The expression of interest is requested for Ibadan Inland Dry Port.
The Nigerian Shippers’ Council therefore, seeks the services of Transaction Advisor to provide a broad range of advisory services for the Ibadan Inland Dry Port in Oyo State and hereby invites qualified and experienced Transaction Advisor to express interest in providing such services.
- THE SCOPE
The services to be provided by the Transaction Advisor include but not limited to the following:
- Preparation of Full Business Case (FBC), including PPP transaction structuring the complete project PPP development;
- Provide market trends that will confirm decisions on scope, structure and timing of transaction;
- Assist in designing of project work plan, timetable, management of the procurement and evaluation process and support to the Project Delivery Team (PDT);
- Preparation of information memorandum and tender documentation (including concession contract etc.);
- Readiness for market assessment;
- Support in project marketing;
- Organization and preparation, where necessary, of supporting documentation to be made available to bidders (including technical analysis);
- Preparation of bidding documents, draft Concession Agreement and assist in negotiating with one or more parties prior to contract award; such tender documents include (a) Request for Quotation (b) Request for Proposal (RFP) to be made available to bidders for the Swiss Challenge Completion;
- Management of other advisory inputs and overall management of the advisory team to ensure a successful transaction;
- Social safeguards and environmental issues.
The prospective Transaction Advisor may consist of a single firm or a consortium of firms with specialist in the financial, legal, technical, PPP, social/environmental and other specialist expertise required to successfully bring the transaction to market and reach financial dose. In the case of consortium, members must jointly identify one of the firms comprising the consortium as the Lead Transaction Advisor. The Lead Transaction Advisor will have primary responsibility for liaising with the Nigerian Shippers’ Council and for managing the consortium’s advisory inputs as well as whole.
- ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
Prospective eligible Transaction Advisor should submit Expression of Interest with the following:
- Evidence of Certificate of Incorporation issued by Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) including Forms CAC2 and CAC7;
- Evidence of Company’s Income Tax Clearance Certificate for the last three (3) years 2016, 2017 and 2018 valid till 31stDecember, 2019;
- Evidence of current Pension Compliance Certificate valid till 31stDecember, 2019;
- Evidence of current Industrial Training Fund (ITF) Compliance Certificate valid till 31stDecember, 2019.
- Evidence of current Nigeria Social Insurance Trust Fund (NSITF) Compliance Certificate valid till 31stDecember, 2019.
- Evidence of detailed previous experience for similar jobs and a comprehensive Company Profile by submission of copies of Letter of Awards, Valuation Certificates and Job Completion Certificates.
- Evidence of registration of company and principal partners with relevant professional bodies such as NSE, COREN, QSRBN, ARCON, CORBON, etc. and regulatory body, CVs of key staff ti be deployed for the projects duly signed by the them.
- Evidence of Registration of the National Database of Federal Contractors, Consultants and Service Providers by submission of Interim Registration Report (IRR) expiring 30/6/2019 or valid Certificate issued by BPP.
- Company’s Audited Accounts for the last three (3) years 2015, 2016 & 2017.
- Evidence of financial capability to execute the project by submission of Reference Letter from a reputable commercial bank indicating willingness to provide credit facility for the execution of the project when needed.
- Sworn Affidavit:
- disclosing whether or not any officer of the relevant committees of Nigerian Shippers’ Council or Bureau of Public Procurement is a former or present Director, Shareholder or has any pecuniary interest in the bidder and to confirm that all information presented in its bid are true and correct in all particulars;
- disclosing that the bidder do not have any Director who has been convicted in any country for any criminal offences relating to fraud or financial impropriety or criminal misrepresentation or falsification of facts relating to any matter;
- Comprehensive profile of firm/consortium including ownership structure and role of such corporate entity with full contact details of each firm.
- Evidence of extensive knowledge and experience in advising governments in the structuring of PPP transactions on local and international projects.
- Track record of successful dosing PPP concessions particularly in the Transport Sector.
- Description of roles played in the last three (3) PPP transactions dosed in emerging markets during past five (5) years.
- Relevant experience in the road transport infrastructure concession including technical competence in developing Truck Transit Parks (TTPs) facility.
- Experience working in Nigeria and/or sub-Saharan Africa.
- Summary list (with short description) supported with verifiable documentary evidence of similar and other jobs successfully executed within the last three years. Such evidence shall be in the form of valid and verifiable letters of contract award, contract agreement and completion certificate.
- All documents for submission must be transmitted with a covering/forwarding letter under the Company/Firm’s Letter Head Paper bearing amongst others, the Registration Number (RC) as issued by the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC), Contact Address, Telephone Numbers (preferably GSM No.), and e-mail address. The Letterhead Paper must bear the Names and Nationalities of the Directors of the Company/Firm at the bottom of the page.
- SUBMISSION OF EOI DOCUMENTS
Interested bidders are to submit bound EOI in four (4) hard copies (one (1) original and three (3) copies) separated by dividers and arranged as indicated above. The documents should be submitted in a sealed envelope and addressed to The Executive Secretary/ Chief Executive Officer, Nigerian Shippers’ Council (NSC), 4, Otunba Ayodele Soyode Lane, (Formerly Park Lane) Apapa, Lagos and clearly marked “EXPRESSION OF INTEREST FOR TRANSACTION ADVISORY SERVICES FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF IBADAN INLAND DRY PORT PROJECT.
Furthermore, the reverse of each sealed envelope should have the name and the address of the bidder and dropped into Consultancy Services Box on the 2ndfloor B wing after its registration with Procurement Unit on the same 2ndBlock, not later than 10:00am on Tuesday, May 28, 2019. Late submissions will be returned un-opened.
- OPENING OF EOI DOCUMENTS
The EOI will be opened immediately after the submission deadline at 10:00am on Tuesday, May 28, 2019 at the Training Room, 2nd floor, Shippers’ Towers Apapa Lagos in the presence of bidders or their representatives. Please, ensure that you sign the Bid Submission Register in the office of Head, Procurement Unit, 2ndFloor, B Wing of the same Shippers’ Towers.
- GENERAL INFORMATION
Interested Firms/Consortium should kindly note that:
- This is a National Competitive Bidding
- The representatives of interested prospective firms are invited to attend
- Submission of EOIs shall be in English Language only
- Consortium should include the documents of each corporate entity and evidence of such information
- Submission of EOIs through electronic media will not be considered
- Only short-listed Consultant will be contacted later for collection of Request for Proposals.
SOURCE: THE VANGUARD