THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA
FEDERAL MINISTRY OF POWER, WORKS AND HOUSING (POWER SECTOR)
POWER HOUSE, NO.14 ZAMBEZI CRESCENT, MAITAMA, ABUJA
INVITATION TO TENDER FOR THE CONSTRUCTION OF FOUR (4) CLASSROOM-BLOCKS AT OBUNKU, AZUOGU AND OBEAMA IN OYIGBO LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA, RIVERS STATE
- The Federal Ministry of Power, Works and Housing (Power Sector) formulates and implements policies for the Federal Government of Nigeria on matters for the provision of adequate and reliable power supply to drive the socio-economic development of the country. In discharging this mandate, the Ministry is guided by the provisions of the Electric Power Sector Reform (EPSR) Act of 2005.
- To this end, the Federal Ministry of Power, Works and Housing (Power Sector), in accordance with Section 25(2) (ii) of the Public Procurement Act 2007, hereby invites experienced and competent bidders to tender for the Construction of four (4) Classroom-Blocks at Obunku, Azuogu and Obeama in Oyigbo Local Government Area, Rivers State.
- SCOPE OF WORKS
- The scope of works is the Construction of four (4) Classroom-Blocks at Community Primary School at Obunku, Community Primary School Azuogu and Community Secondary School (U.B.E) Obeama in Oyigbo Local Government Area, Rivers State.
- The various work streams entailed in this project will be elaborated in the Standard Bidding Document (SBD) that will contain specification for the assignment.
3.0 ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
Interested Companies are required to submit the following:
- Evidence of Certificate of Incorporation issued by the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) including Forms CAC2 and CAC7;
- Evidence of Company Income’s Tax Clearance Certificate for the last three (3) years (2016, 2017 and 2018) valid till December 31, 2019 with minimum average turnover of N150million;
- Evidence of current Pension Compliance Certificate valid till 31stDecember, 2019.
- Evidence of current Industrial Training Fund (ITF) Compliance Certificate valid till 31stDecember, 2019.
- Evidence of current Nigeria Social Insurance Trust Fund (NSITF) Compliance Certificate valid till 31stDecember, 2019.
- Evidence of Registration of the National Database of Federal Contractors, Consultants and Service Providers by submission of Interim Registration Report (IRR) expiring 30/06/2019 or valid Certificate issued by BPP.
- Sworn Affidavit disclosing whether or not any officer of the relevant committees of Federal Ministry of Power, Works and Housing (Power Sector) or Bureau of Public Procurement is a former or present Director, Shareholder or has any pecuniary interest in the bidder and to confirm that all information presented in its bid are true and correct in all particulars.
- Company’s Audited Accounts for the last three (3) years 2016, 2017 & 2018 duly stamped and signed by a registered Auditor.
- Evidence of financial capability to execute the project including Reference Letter from a reputable commercial bank indicating willingness to provide credit facility for the execution of the project.
- Company profile with the curriculum vitae of key staff to be deployed for the project including copies of their Academic/Professional qualifications (e.g. COREN, QSRBN, ARCON, CORBON, NIA).
- Verifiable evidence of at least three (3) similar jobs executed in the last five (5) years including, letters of award, valuation certificate, job completion certificates and photographs of the projects.
- List of Plant/Equipments with proof of Ownership/Lease.
- Bids with values of N300million and above must be accompanied with a 2% Bid Security.
- All documents for submission must be transmitted with a covering/forwarding letter under the Company/Firm’s Letter Head Paper bearing amongst others, the Registration Number (RC) as issued by the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC), Contact Address, Telephone Numbers (preferably GSM No.), and e-mail address. The Letterhead Paper must bear the Names and Nationalities of the Directors of the Company at the bottom of the page, duly signed by the authorized officer of the Firm.
4.0 COLLECTION OF BID DOCUMENTS
Interested bidders are to download the bidding documents from the Ministry’s Virtual Data Room upon payment of non-refundable tender fee of N10,000.00 (Ten Thousand Naira) only per Lot. Procedure:
- Make Payment online at https://www.remita.net
- Click on “Pay a Federal Government Agency” and follow the instructions
- Pay FEDERAL MINISTRY OF POWER ABUJA for TENDER FEES
- Physical Treasury Receipt can be obtained from the Cash Office Section of Finance & Accounts Department, Federal Ministry of Power, Works and Housing (Power Sector), Power House, basement floor, 14 Zambezi Crescent, Maitama, Abuja.
- Scan the Treasury Receipt obtained from the cash office or evidence of payment through Remita to this e-mail address [email protected]
- Register online at Federal Ministry of Power, Works and Housing website (pwh.gov.ng)
- Go to Power, Public Procurement sub-menu and click on the selected project description
- Fill the online from correctly and submit
- The Ministry’s Project Administrator confirmed scanned Treasury Receipt and online registration then access is given to you to access the tender documents at VDR
- You will receive an email inviting you to the Virtual Data Room (VDR)
- To access the VDR, Click on the link received, enter your username and temporary password, then change to your own password
- Download the tender document
- Note two companies cannot share the same e-mail address.
5.0 SUBMISSION OF TENDER DOCUMENTS
5.1 Prospective bidders are to submit bid for the Lots desired, two (2) hard copies each of technical and financial bids with softcopy of financial bid only in MS Excel format, packaged separately in a sealed envelopes and clearly marked as “Technical Bid” or “Financial Bid”.
5.2 Thereafter, put the two sealed envelopes together in a bigger sealed envelope addressed to The Permanent Secretary, Federal Ministry of Power, Works and Housing (Power Sector), Power House, 4thFloor, No 14, Zambezi Crescent, Maitama, Abuja and clearly marked with the name of project and the Lot number.
5.3 Bid Security should be provided alongside with financial bid in a separate envelope clearly labeled “Bid Security submitted by name of the bidder”.
5.4 Furthermore, the reverse side of each sealed envelope should have the name and address of the bidder and deposited in the designated Tender Box at the Tender Secretariat, Federal Ministry of Power, Works and Housing (Power Sector), Power House, 4thFloor, Room 425A, No 14, Zambezi Crescent, Maitama, Abuja Nigeria from 8:00am-4:00pm local time Monday to Friday not later than 12:00 noon, Monday, 24thJune, 2019. Please, ensure that you sign the Bid Submission Register at the Tender Secretariat, Federal Ministry of Power, Works and Housing (Power Sector), Power House, 4thFloor, Room 425A, No 14, Zambezi Crescent, Maitama, Abuja Nigeria as the Federal Ministry of Power, Works and Housing (Power Sector), will not be held liable for misplaced or wrongly submitted bids. For further enquiries please contact Director, Procurement, Federal Ministry of Power, Works and Housing (Power Sector), Power House, 4thFloor, Room 425A, No 14, Zambezi Crescent, Maitama, Abuja Nigeria from 08:00am – 4:00pm local time Monday to Friday, phone no.: +2347068804671 or e-mail [email protected].
6.0 OPENING OF BIDS
The Technical bids will be opened immediately after the deadline for submission at 12:00 noon Monday, 24thJune, 2019at Federal Ministry of Power, Works and Housing (Power Sector), Power House, 2ndFloor, Power Auditorium, No 14, Zambezi Crescent, Maitama, Abuja in the presence of bidders or their representatives, while the financial bids will be kept un-opened.
7.0 GENERAL INFORMATION
- Bids must be in English Language and signed by an official authorized by the bidder.
- No joint venture is allowed.
- All costs will be borne by the bidders
- All pre-qualified bidders will be invited at a later date for financial bid opening, while financial bids of unsuccessful bidders will be returned un-opened.
- The Federal Ministry of Power, Works and Housing (Power Sector) is not bound to pre-qualify any bidder and reserves the right to annul the Procurement Process at any time without incurring any liabilities in accordance with Section 28 of the Public Procurement Act (PPA) 2007.
- Late submission will be returned un-opened; and
- The Federal Ministry of Power, Works and Housing (Power Sector) shall not enter into any debate or discussion with any bidder with respect to the rejection of bid not conforming to directives and accompanying documents.
Federal Ministry of Power, Works and Housing (Power Sector)
SOURCE: DAILY TRUST