NO. 2, LUANDA CRESCENT, OFF ADEMOLA ADETOKUMBO,
MINERALS AND METALS COMPLEX,
WUSE 11, ABUJA
INVITATION OF TENDER FOR REHABILITATION WORKS AJAOKUTA STEEL PLANT
Pursuant to the present Administration’s commitment towards resuscitation of the Ajaokuta Steel Company Limited, which was conceived and steadily developed with the vision of erecting a Metallurgical Process Plant cum Engineering Complex with other auxiliaries for generating important Upstream and Downstream Industrial and Economic activities, the Ministry of Mines and Steel Development hereby invite Tenders from qualified and competent firms for carrying out Rehabilitation Works on some Facilities of the Steel Complex towards attaining desired results. The Facilities for which Tenders are hereby invited, which are at Ajaokuta Steel Complex, in Ajaokuta, Kogi State and are classified into five (5) Lots for the purpose as specified below:
- Lot 1: Rehabilitation of one line of the Thermal Power Plant (TPP) with total capacity of 110 MW of Electricity which consists of three (3) high pressure Boiler (220tons/hr 100atm, 540 C), two (2) Turbines (55mw each) and two (2) Generators of 55mw each as well as a dedicated Chemical Water Treatment Plant of capacity (130 toms/hr) that produce de-mineralized water for the Boiler Operations. The major Auxiliaries of the Power Plant include Boiler Feed Pumps, Demineralized Water Pumps, Cooling Towers Facilitates and Electrical Switch Gears Rooms;
- Lot 2: Rehabilitation and Provision of Accessories to the Power Transmission and Distribution Facilities, which among others include Transformers, Electrical Switch Gear Rooms, Air Blast Circuit Breakers, Armored Cables, etc.;
- Lot 3: Rehabilitation of some common facilities of the delivery of utilities such as Water and Gas Supply, Common Equipment as well as Compressed Air to Operating Plant (including Thermal Power Plant)
- Lot 4: Rehabilitation of Some Essential Equipment Facilities including Provision of critical Working Tools and Measuring Instruments at the Ajaokuta Steel Plant Engineering Workshops which are Industrial in nature, towards meeting wide range of Fabrications, Repairs and Maintenance Services for the successful operation of the Steel Plant; and
- Lot 5: Rehabilitation of Buildings, Workshops and Facilities at the Metallurgical Training Centre (MTC) which was established with the main aim of providing skilled manpower for the Steel and Allied Industries in Nigeria, and which consists of Craftman Training School with designed capacity for 1,980 trainees on 31 Courses Per Annum and Technician Training School with designed capacity for 1,560 trainees on 13 courses in Two (2) years, as well as Provision other Essential Facilities for the purpose of handling nine (9) training modules in the interim.
- PREQUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
2.1 Qualified, competent and interested Bidders should have proven evidence of the underlisted documentations that would accompany all Tenders:
- Evidence of Certificate of Incorporation with the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) including Form CAC2 and CAC7.
- Evidence of Company Income’s Tax Clearance Certificate for the last three (3) years (2015, 2016, 2017) valid till 31stDecember 2018.
- Evidence of Current Pension Compliance Certificate valid till 31stDecember, 2018.
- Evidence of current Industrial Training Fund (ITF) Compliance Certificate valid till 31stDecember, 2018.
- Evidence of current Nigeria Social Insurance Trust Fund (NSITF) Compliance Certificate valid till 31stDecember, 2018.
- Evidence of registration on the National Database of Federal Contractors, Consultants and Service Providers by submission of Interim Registration Report (IRR) of the Bureau of Public Procurement (BPP) in respect of current Interim Registration Report (IRR) expiring 30/06/2019 or valid Certificate issued by BPP.
- Possession of the necessary:
- Professional and Technical Qualifications to carry out the Rehabilitation Works and Supply of the essential Equipment;
- Evidence of Acquisition /Lease of Equipment and other Relevant Infrastructure for execution of the Project;
- Adequate Personnel to perform the Required Works and Services, along with details of Qualifications of Key Personnel; and
- Evidence of having previously executed similar projects shall be an added advantage;
- Evidence of Financial Capability such as recent Bank Statement and or /Credit Lines and NOT Letter of Introduction from Banks;
- The bidder must not be in receivership, the subject of any form of insolvency or bankruptcy proceedings subject of any form of winding up petition or proceedings;
- Must not have any Director who has been convicted in any Country for any criminal offence relating to fraud or financial impropriety or criminal misrepresentation or falsification of fact relating to any matter; and
- Accompany every Bid with an Affidavit disclosing whether or not any Officer of the Ministry or Bureau of Public Procurement is a former or present Director, Shareholder or has any pecuniary interest in the Bidder and confirm that all information presented in its Bid are true and correct in all particulars.
- COLLECTION AND SUBMISSION OF TENDER DOCUMENTS
Prospective bidders should pay non-refundable tender fee of N10,000 per lot into the Ministry of Mines and Steel Development’s Remita account in any reputable commercial Bank in Nigeria.
Thereafter, the bidders shall collect the tender documents from the office of the Director (Procurement); Block A, Room 207 of the Ministry, upon the presentation of evidence of payment of the tender fee.
Completed tender documents (Technical and Financial) in two (2) hard copies are to be submitted in two (2) sealed and separate envelopes clearly marked “Technical” & “Financial” bids and enclosed in 3rdlarger envelope all labeled with the Project Name and Company’s Name to the office of the Director (Procurement) Block A, 2ndFloor, Room 207 of the Ministry.
Submission of Tender Documents closes by 12:00 noon on Thursday 25thApril, 2019.
- BID OPENING
Opening of bids will take place immediately after the close of submission at 12:00 noon on Thursday 25thApril, 2019 in the Honourable Minister’s Conference Room, Block B, 1stFloor, No.2 Luanda Crescent, Wuse II, Abuja.
Only pre-qualified bidders will be invited at a later date for Financial Bids opening.
- ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
- This advertisement shall not be construed as a commitment on the part of the Ministry; nor shall it entitle prospective companies to make any claim whatsoever or seek any indemnity from the Ministry by virtue of such company having responded to this advertisement;
- Contractors that had cases of Contract Abandonment, Non-completion or poor project execution either with the Ministry of any MDA need not Tender for any of these Projects; and
- Late submission of Tenders shall not be accepted.
Dr. Abdulkadir Mu’azu
Ministry of Mines and Steel Development
SOURCE: DAILY TRUST