FEDERAL MINISTRY OF INTERIOR
OLD SECRETARIAT, ABUJA
EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI) FOR TRANSACTION ADVISORY SERVICES FOR DOMESTICATION OF PRODUCTION OF E-PASSPORT BOOKLET IN NIGERIA AND ADVANCE PASSENGER INFORMATION (API)/PASSENGER NAME RECORD (PNR) SOLUTION FOR THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT OF NIGERIA
In line with the Public Procurement Act 2007
The Ministry of Interior of the Federal Republic of Nigeria is desirous to enter into a Public Private Partnership (PPP) arrangement for the domestication of production of e-passport booklets (Standard, Official, and Diplomatic with relevant Security features in line with International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) standards and specifications) in-country.
The Ministry of Interior envisages that the selected private partner will undertake designing of the project architecture, financing, operating and maintenance of the e-passport and Advanced Passenger Information System facilities based on items and conditions to be set out in the PPP contract.
As part of the PPP procurement process, The Ministry of Interior hereby invites experienced and reputable Transaction Advisory (TA) firms/consortia to express interest to provide a broad range of advisory services for the following PPP arrangement/concessions:
LOT 1 – Procurement of Advisory Services for Domestication of Production of e-passport Booklet in Nigeria
LOT 2 – Procurement of Advisory Services for Advance Passenger Information (API)/Passenger Name Record (PNR) Solution for the Federal Government of Nigeria
SCOPE OF WORK
The services to be provides in line with BPP guidelines on Selection of Consultants includes but not limited to the following:
1) Preparation of a detailed bankable Outline Business Case (OBC) with a financial Model in line with the National Policy on PPP (N4P); with PPP Project Development Transaction Structuring acceptable for ICRC certification and subsequent PPP procurement processes.
2) Provide full Technical, Managerial, & Financial advice to the Ministry on the proposed PPP projects.
3) Assist in designing, work-plans, timetables and management of the procurement and evaluation process and support to the Project Implementation Team during the PPP procurement process.
4) Conduct the entire PPP procurement process for selection of the Concessionaire/s for the above listed assignments in active liaison with the Ministry of Interior by employing acceptable industry best practices and ensuring fairness and transparency during the entire process from selection of a concessionaire to signing of the concession agreement.
5) Provide market trends that will confirm decisions on scope, structuring, and timing of the transaction.
6) Organization and preparation, where necessary, of supporting documentation to be made available to bidders (including technical, legal, financial analysis, information memorandum).
7) Preparation of all bidding documents, draft Concession Agreement and assist in negotiation with one or more parties prior to contract award; and
8) Preparation of Full Business Case (FBC), after Concessionaire selection up to financial close. The FBC must be acceptable for ICRC certification and subsequent FEC approval in line with the ICRC Act.
9) Management of other advisory inputs and overall management of the advisory team to ensure a successful transaction.
The prospective Transaction Adviser/s may consist of a single firm or a consortium of firms with the requisite financial, legal, technical, PPP, and other specialists expertise required to successfully bring the transaction to market and reach financial close. In the case of a consortium, the consortium, members must jointly identify one of the firms in the consortium as the Lead Transaction Adviser.
The Lead Transaction Adviser will have primary responsibility of liaising with the Ministry of Interior Project Delivery Team and coordinating the consortium’s advisory inputs as a whole. Non-Nigerian Transaction Advisory Firms are encouraged to form partnerships with reputable local firms.
Mandatory (without which company/ies will be disqualified)
i. Certified true copy of Certificate of Incorporation with Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC)
ii. Tax Clearance Certificate (TCC) for the past three (3) years (2015, 2016 and 2017)
iii. Current Certificate of Compliance issued by National Pension Commission – PENCOM (2018)
iv. Certificate of Compliance with NSITF (2018)
v. Evidence of registration on the National Database of Contractors, Consultants and Service Providers by inclusion of Interim Registration Report issued by BPP
vi. Professionals/Personnel of firms should be registered with relevant Professional Bodies with current/valid licensing certificates. Please state specific regulatory bodies
vii. Sworn Affidavit disclosing whether or not any officer of Ministry of Interior or the Bureau of Public Procurement (BPP) is a former or present Director, shareholder or has any pecuniary interest in the bidding.
viii. Sworn Affidavit disclosing that no Partner/Director has been convicted in any country for criminal offences related to fraudulent or corrupt practices, or criminal misinterpretation or falsification of facts relating to any matter and that all documents are both genuine and up-to-date.
NOTE: Items ii – vi are for Nigerian Firms only.
Prospective Transaction Advisers should submit Expression of Interest detailing the following information as basis for pre-qualification:
a. Profile of firm/consortium including ownership structure and role of each corporate entity with full contact details of each firm;
b. Letter of Association/Joint Venture Partnership, Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) or participation in the consortium, and clear role and responsibilities of each firm in the consortium must be included;
c. Details of direct experience advising governments in the structuring of PPP transactions;
d. Track record of successful delivery of PPP concessions, particularly PPPs in Immigration Services, Border Security & Migration Management, Security Operations, Travel Document, Passport/Visa/Residence Permit Services etc. industry;
e. Description of roles played in at least five (5) (closed PPP Advisory transactions);
f. Verifiable documentary evidence of participation in similar scheme with verifiable reference of similar related services successfully executed with at least three (3) track records in. (Such evidence shall be in the form of a valid and verifiable letters of contract award, contract agreement, and/or completion certificates);
g. Audited Financial Statement of Accounts (2017, 2016, & 2015) for at least 3 years.
Upon receipt of Expression of Interest (EoI) from prospective Transaction Advisors, The Ministry of Interior in line with the National Policy on PPP guidelines and BPP guidelines on selection of consultants shall evaluate the submissions and pre-qualify applicants. The successful TA will be competitively selected in accordance with the procedures set out in the BPP Standard Request for Proposal (RFP) for the selection of Consultancy firms (Complex Lump Sum) January 2008. Thereafter pre-qualified applicants shall be issued with Request for Proposal (RFP) for submission Technical and Financial Proposals.
SUBMISSION OF EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOIs)
EOI must be submitted in one (1) original and four (4) copies in a sealed envelope (including a soft copy version) clearly marked “EXPRESSION OF INTEREST FOR TRANSACTION ADVISORY SERVICES DOMESTICATION OF PRODUCTION OF E-PASSPORT BOOKLET IN NIGERIA AND ADVANCE PASSENGER INFORMATION (API)/PASSENGER NAME RECORD (PNR) SOLUTION FOR THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT OF NIGERIA” (with the name of the project and Lot number, in separately bound envelopes with the name and address of bidder on the reverse side).
All submissions must be made on or before 3:00pm, Monday 7th January, 2019. All EOI submissions will be announced same day after submission. Interested bidders are welcome to attend. The EOIs should be addressed and delivered in the tender box to the address below:
OFFICE OF THE DIRECTOR, PPP UNIT
FIRST FLOOR, BLOCK F, ROOM 228,
MINISTRY OF INTERIOR, AREA 1, GARKI, ABUJA.
Interested applicants may obtain further information at the address above from 8.00am – 4.00pm, Monday through Friday (except Public Holidays) from: Name: M. A. SA’IDU; Tel: 08054133317
E-mail: [email protected]
• EOIs must be submitted in English Language
• Submission of EOIs through e-mail will be rejected
• Bidders can bid for more than one (1) Lot. bid submission for each Lot should be bound in separate packages and clearly marked
• The Ministry will not be held liable for misplaced or wrongly submitted bids
• The publication of the EOI does not constitute or form any obligation on the part of the Ministry of Interior
• Submitted Tax Clearance Certificate, CAC Certificate, ITF Certificate, PENCOM Certificate, NSITF etc. will be screened through the Security Agencies
• Only shortlisted firms will be contacted.
This announcement is published for information purposes only and does not constitute an offer by the Ministry to transact with any party(ies) for the project, nor does it constitute a commitment or obligation on the part of the Ministry.
The Ministry will not be responsible for any cost or expenses incurred by any interested party (ies) in connection with any response to this invitation and/or the preparation or submission in response to an inquiry.
The Ministry is not bound to shortlist any bidder and reserves the right to annul the selection process at any time without incurring any liability and assigning any reason thereof.
THE PERMANENT SECRETARY
FEDERAL MINISTRY OF INTERIOR
SOURCE: DAILY TRUST