REQUEST FOR THE DISCLOSURE OF SPORT IMPROVEMENT FOR THE REHABILITATION/CONSTRUCTION OF 114KM OF RURAL ROAD IN NIGER STATE
- The Rural Access and Mobility Project (RAMP) is an initiative of the Federal Government of Nigeria and the Development partner designed to support implementation of Rural Travel Transport policy within the context of the Nation Policy on Integrated Rural Development (NPIRD). The project is aimed at assisting participating states in improving access and mobility in a sustainable manner in the rural areas thereby contributing towards the improvement of their livelihood and poverty alleviation.
- The Rural Access and Mobility Project (RAMP) Niger State wants to commence civil works. As a prerequisite, there is a need to develop and disclose the following instrument before civil works commence;
Sport Improvement for 114km Rural Road in Niger State.
- Having completed the review of these documents which was accepted by the World Bank we are therefore requesting for the disclosure of the updated documents in line with the Environmental Impact Assessment Act Cap E12 LFN 2004 which makes it mandatory for proponent of all new major development activities to carryout Environment Impact Assessment (EIA).
- A photocopy of the reviewed Sport Improvement and a receipt of payment in respect of the EIA disclosure registration are attached for your perusal and further necessary action, please.
- We thank you for your assistance and assure you of our highest regard.
National Coordinator, RAMP
For Honourable Minister
SOURCE: DAILY TRUST