FEDERAL INLAND REVENUE SERVICE (FIRS)
20 SOKODE CRESCENT, WUSE ZONE 5, P.M.B. 33, GARKI,
PREQUALIFICATION FOR THE REHABILITATION /RENOVATION OF FIRS OFFICES IN 3 (THREE) LOCATIONS
The Federal Inland Revenue Service has made budgetary provisions in the 2017 budget for execution of various projects in 2017 procurement year. As a follow up to the General Procurement Notice (GPN) published on FIRS Website, Daily Trust, The Guardian newspapers of Wednesday April 26, 2017, the Service wishes to invite existing and prospective contractors, suppliers and service providers to submit prequalification documents for the projects in paragraph 2.0 below:
2.0 PROJECT LOT, NAME AND LOCATION
Lot 1: Remodeling of FIRS Maiduguri MSTO and GBTO.
Lot 2: Construction of Sokoto MSTO.
Lot 3: Upgrade of Old FIRS Prototype Office Block at Yola
3.0 ELIGIBILITY TO PARTICIPATE
Interested reputable contractors must have necessary competence and possess the following:
- Certificate of the Company’s Registration/Incorporation verifiable from Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC).
- Company’s Current Tax Clearance Certificate (2017 TCC).
- Evidence of clearance certificate of having fulfilled all obligations in relation to Pension Act 2004 (as amended).
- Evidence of certificate of compliance with Industrial Training Fund (ITF) Act 2011.
- Evidence of registration on the National Database of Contractors, Consultants and Service Providers with the Bureau of Public Procurement (BPP).
- A sworn affidavit that the company is not in receivership or financially/Legally encumbered.
- Accompanying sworn affidavit of disclosure; to disclose clearly if any of the officers (or related person) of the Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS) or Bureau of Public Procurement (BPP) is a former or present Director of the company and that the company does not have any Director who has ever been convicted in any country for any criminal offence relating to fraud or financial impropriety.
- A sworn affidavit that the company is not a replacement of a hitherto tax defaulting company.
- Signed transmittal letter on company letter headed paper bearing company’s RC number, phone number, functional email address, official company address, name and nationalities of the directors of the company.
- Company profile in line with the following criteria:
Profile of the company:
- Management Structure.
- Years of Experience of the Project Manager in the Construction Industry (Attach CV, Certificates, details of Project handled with proof).
- Size of Company (Technical & Non-Technical Staff).
- Name of head of Technical team for the proposed project with relevant certification (ARCON, COREN, CORBON, QRSBN, etc.).
- Members of proposed Technical team must have minimum 1 no Quantity Surveyor, 1 no Architects, 3 nos Engineers (Civil, Electrical and Mechanical Engineer) who are registered with relevant professional bodies, (attach CVs and Certificates).
Experience in performing similar work:
- Evidence of project execution in the last 7 years (Attach award letters, completion certificate or interim payment certificate).
- Project Methodology.
- Work Plan.
- Evidence of Health and Safety Policies.
Equipments, plants and machinery/Quality control:
- Quality control measures to be adopted by the company.
- List of relevant construction equipment available to be deployed for the FIRS project. (Show proof of ownership or lease agreement with a leasing company).
- Proof of access to funding or a letter of commitment from a credible bank indicating willingness to fund the project.
- Turnover as reflected on Tax Clearance Certificate of not less than 100 Million.
- Evidence of audited account for the last three years.
4.0 NOT ELIGIBLE:
All contractors who have defaulted on previous contract(s) awarded to them by Government.
5.0 SUBMISSION OF PREQUALIFICATION DOCUMENTS:
Interested reputable companies are required to submit all prequalification documents in sealed envelopes marked “Prequalification for” project name” and addressed to:
Support Services Group
Federal Inland Revenue Service
Revenue House Annex 3
14 Sokode Crescent, Off Michael Okpara Street
Wuse, Zone 5, Abuja.
The envelope must be registered with the designated officer in charge at the office of the Director, Procurement Department and thereafter dropped in the tampered proof box provided for the purpose from 17th November, 2017 at 12 noon, 1st December, 2017.
Please note that no company/service provider should submit Prequalification documents for more than one (1) project.
6.0 OPENING OF PREQUALIFICATION DOCUMENTS:
Prequalification documents shall be opened immediately after the close/deadline for submission from 12:00 noon, 1st December, 2017 at the Procurement department, FIRS Headquarters, Annex 3, 14 Sokode Crescent, Wuse Zone 5, Abuja. Contractors or their representatives, accredited civil society organization (CSO) and the general public are invited to witness the opening proceedings.
7.0 NOTIFICATION OF PREQUALIFIED BIDDERS:
All prequalified/shortlisted contractors will be contacted and they will be invited to tender for the project(s) accordingly.
- The Federal Inland Revenue Service reserves the right to verify claims made by any contractor.
- Submission of prequalification does not commit FIRS to awarding contracts to contractors.
- Tendering with false documents is an offence and will lead to automatic disqualification and prosecution.
Please ensure your company/Firm comply with the Ag. President Executive Order of 18th May 2017 with respect to local content in all Public Procurement in Nigeria.
For all enquiries: 08074983355, Email: [email protected]
Secretary, FIRS Tender Board
For Executive Chairman FIRS
17th November, 2017
SOURCE: DAILY TRUST