NO.3 MAPUTO STREET WUSE ZONE 3, P.M.B. 5008, WUSE- ABUJA
INVITATION FOR TENDER AND EXPRESSION OF INTEREST FOR 2019 CAPITAL PROJECTS
The Federal Character Commission is one of the 14 executive bodies established by decree No.34 of 1996 (now Act Cap 7 laws of the Federation of Nigeria 2004) to address the problem of imbalance in the country, the Commission in its continuous effort towards achieving its mandate invite experienced and competent contractors/suppliers to submit proposals for the underlisted projects for the financial year 2019.
- SCOPE OF WORK/SUPPLIES
PROJECT A: PROVISION OF ELECTRICITY AND REMEDIAL CIVIL WORKS TO STATE OFFICES
DESCRIPTION OF WORK: ELECTRICITY CONNECTION AND REMEDIAL CIVIL WORKS IN SOME STATE OFFICES IN SOUTH-EAST AND SOUTH-SOUTH GOE-POLITICAL ZONES
DESCRIPTION OF WORK: ELECTRICITY CONNECTION AND CIVIL WORKS IN SOME STATE OFFICES IN THE NORTH-EAST GEO-POLITICAL ZONE
LOT B1: PROVISION OF ACCESS/GATE AND MINOR WORKS AT HEADQUARTERS, ABUJA
PROJECT C: PROVISION OF VIRTUAL PRIVATE NETWORK (VPN) LINKING STATE OFFICES
DESCRIPTION OF WORK: PROVISION OF VIRTUAL PRIVATE NETWORK (VPN) LINKING STATE OFFICES WITH HEADQUARTERS
LOCATION: KANO AND LAGOS
PROJECT D: PURCHASE OF VEHICLES FOR INSPECTION AND EVALUATION OF PROJECTS/PROGRAMMES EXECUTED BY MDAs
(A) 2.7 LITRE PETROL ENGINE 4X4, SUV
QUANTITY: 1 NO.
(B) 1.8 LITRE PETROL ENGINE SEDAN
PROJECT E: EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
DESCRIPTION OF SERVICE: INTEGRATING STRATEGIC PARTNERSHIP WITH CRITICAL STAKEHOLDERS AND ADVOCACY ON BALANCED DEVELOPMENT (PUBLICITY INSTRUMENTS)
DESCRIPTION OF SERVICE: MONITORING AND EVALUATION OF PROJECTS/ACTIVITIES OF THE COMMISSION (SEMINAR)
- ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
- Evidence of Certificate of Incorporation issued by Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) including forms CAC2 and CAC7.
- Evidence of Company Income’s Tax Clearance Certificate for the last three (3) years valid till 31st December, 2019; with minimum average turnover of (N50,000,000) million.
- Evidence of current Pension Compliance Certificate valid till 31st December, 2019.
- Evidence of current Industrial Training Fund (ITF) Compliance Certificate valid till 31stDecember, 2019.
- Evidence of current Nigerian Social Insurance Trust Fund (NSITF) Compliance Certificate valid till 31st December, 2019.
- Evidence of Registration on the National Database of Federal Contractors, Consultants and Service Providers by submission of Interim Registration Report (IRR) expiring 31/1/2020 or valid Certificate issued by BPP.
- Sworn Affidavit disclosing whether or not any officer of the relevant committees of the Federal Character Commission (FCC) or the Bureau of Public Procurement is a former or present Director, shareholder or has any pecuniary interest in the bidder and to confirm that all information presented in its bid are true and correct in all particulars;
- Company’s Audited Accounts for the last three (3) years – 2016, 2017 and 2018.
- Evidence of financial capability to execute the project by submission of Reference Letter from a reputable commercial bank in Nigeria, indicating willingness to provide credit facility for the execution of the project when needed;
- Company’s profile with the curriculum vitae of key staff to be deployed for the project including copies of their Academic/Professional qualifications (in case of construction: COREN, QSRBN, ARCON, CORBON, etc.
- Verifiable documentary evidence of at least three (3) similar jobs successfully executed in the last five (5) years including Letters of Award, Valuation Certificates, Job Completion Certificates and Photographs of the Projects.
- List of Plants/Equipment with proof of Ownership/Lease (where applicable).
- For Joint Venture/Partnership, Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) should be provided (CAC, Tax Clearance Certificate, Pension Compliance Certificate, ITF Compliance Certificate, NSITF Compliance Certificate, IRR & Sworn Affidavit are compulsory for each JV partner).
- All documents for submission must be transmitted with a covering/forwarding letter under the Company/Firm’s Letter Head Paper bearing amongst others, the Registration Number (RC) as issued by the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC), Contact Address, Telephone Numbers (preferably GSM No.), and e-mail address. The Letterhead Paper must bear the Names and Nationalities of the Directors of the Company at the bottom of the page, duly signed by the authorized officer of the Firm.
- COLLECTION OF TENDER DOCUMENTS
Interested companies are to collect the Standard Bidding Documents (SBD) from the Office of the Director, Corporate Services, Room A006, Ground Floor, Block ‘A’ Federal Character Commission Headquarters, No.3 Maputo Street Wuse Zone 3, Abuja, on evidence of payment of non-refundable tender fee of N10,000.00 per lot, paid into the Federal Character Commission’s Remita account in any reputable commercial bank in Nigeria.
- SUBMISSION OF TENDER DOCUMENTS
Prospective bidders are to submit bid for each Lot desired, two (2) hard copies each of technical and financial bids with soft copy of financial bid only in MS Excel Format, packaged separately in sealed envelopes and clearly marked as “Technical Bid” or “Financial Bid”. Thereafter, put the two sealed envelopes together in a bigger sealed envelope addressed to the Executive Chairman, Federal Character Commission Headquarters, No.3 Maputo Street Wuse Zone 3, Abuja; and clearly marked with (the name of the project and the Lot number).
Furthermore, the reverse of each sealed envelope should have the name and address of the bidder and drop in the designated Tender Box (Ministerial Tender Board Secretariat, Room A002, Ground Floor, Block ‘A’ Federal Character Commission Headquarters, No.3 Maputo Street Wuse Zone 3, Abuja), not later than 4th November, 2019 by 12:00 noon.
6. OPENING OF BIDS
- The Expression of Interest (EoI) documents for (Project E) will be opened immediately after the deadline for submission on Monday 7th October, 2019 by 12:00, which must be the same deadline for the submission in the Commission’s Boardroom 4th Floor, Block ‘A’ Federal Character Commission Headquarters, No.3, Maputo Street Wuse Zone 3, Abuja.
Note: Companies shall be shortlisted based on their meeting eligibility requirement and only shortlisted consultants shall be invited to submit Technical and Financial proposals for subsequent evaluation and public opening in respect of Project E.
- The submission and closing date shall be Monday 4th November, 2019 by 12:00 noon and the opening of Technical Bids for Project A – D shall commence immediately at Commission’s Boardroom 4th Floor, Block ‘A’ Federal Character Commission Headquarters, No.3, Maputo Street Wuse Zone 3, Abuja. Please ensure that you sign the Bid Submission Register in the office of the Director, Corporate Services, as the FCC will not be held liable for misplaced or wrongly submitted bids. For further enquiries, please contact the Director Corporate Services on email [email protected].
- Only the financial bids of the successful Technical bidders will be opened on Monday 11th November, 2019 in the Commission’s Boardroom 4th Floor Block ‘A’, while the financial bids of un-successful bidders will be returned un-opened.
7. GENERAL INFORMATION
- Bids must be in English Language and signed by an official authorized by the bidder
- Bids submitted after the deadline for submission would be returned un-opened
- Bidders should not bid for more than two (2) Lots
- All costs will be borne by the bidders
- The Federal Character Commission is not bound to pre-qualify any bidders and reserves the right to annul the Procurement Process at any time without incurring any liabilities in accordance with Section 28 of the Public Procurement Act, 2007.
Federal Character Commission
SOURCE: DAILY TRUST