FAMILY HEALTH INTERNATIONAL (FHI 360)
REQUEST FOR QUOTATION FOR THE PROVISION OF LATRINE DISLODGEMENT IN BANKI, NGALA, DAMASAK AND DIKWA LGAS OF BORNO STATE
REQUEST FOR QUOTATION DETAILS
RFQ # MAID/2018/AUG/WASH/001
RFQ Issuing Date: 14th August, 2018
RFQ Closing Date: 28th August, 2018
RFQ Closing Time: 4:00pm
Currency of Bid (3-Letter code): NGN
Bid Validity Period (days): 12 Months
Required Delivery Date: 11th September, 2018
Required Delivery Destination: Banki, Ngala, Damasak, Dikwa
Family Health International (FHI 360) is a non-profit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes expert in health, education, nutrition, environmental, economic development, civil society, gender equality, youth, research and technology, creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. With funding from USAID’s office of Foreign Disaster Assistance (OFDA). FHI 360 is supporting the government of Nigeria (GON) to enhance sustained cross-sectional integration of WASH, Health, Nutrition and Protection services by building Nigeria’s Capacity to deliver sustainable high quality, comprehensive humanitarian services in the Northeastern Nigeria.
FHI 360 Borno State Office is hereby seeking to engage the services of credible companies for the provision of transport services as specified below:
B. TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR THE REQUIRED SERVICE
LOT 1: Provision of Latrine Dislodgement Services by use of Truck
LOT 2: Provision of Manual Latrine Dislodgement Services
Detailed Scope of Work
1. Chemical treatment of latrines before and after dislodging of latrines
2. Safe transportation and disposal of sludge according to BOSEPA/SEMA/FHI360 recommendations to disposal site
3. Where disposal sites are not available, the vendor will construct temporary disposal site where the waste will be disposed, treated using required chemical and buried after complete dislodging of latrines
4. Proper filling/closing of the manholes/disposal holes used during latrine dislodging
5. Proper cleaning of latrines after dislodging to ensure they are user friendly by the beneficiaries
6. Proper treatment of the sludge/waste at the disposal site to prevent possible outbreak of diseases such as cholera
7. Make necessary corrections in case of damages caused by the vendor during dislodging
8. Provide comprehensive quote for services in each location. Quote to be based on rate per TRUCKLOAD from latrine location to the disposal site within the same LGA for mechanical dislodgement, and per LATRINE for manual dislodgement as per the below:
DESCRIPTION: PROVISION OF LATRINE DISLODGEMENT SERVICES BY USE OF 10 CUBIC METRE TRUCK
RATE PER TRIP (TRUCKLOAD): NGALA, BANKI, DIKWA, DAMASAK
DESCRIPTION: PROVISION OF MANUAL LATRINE DISLODGEMENT SERVICES
RATE PER BLOCK OF FIVE COMPARTMENT LATRINES: NGALA, BANKI, DIKWA, DAMASAK
C. QUALIFICATION FOR LOT 1 AND LOT 2:
1. FULL COMPANY PROFILE with relevant information such as:
• Company overview
• Contact details e.g. physical address, functional telephone, functional email address. List of Directors.
• Provide evidence of cognate (similar) experience in the provision of latrine dislodgement services to International Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) in the North East, especially in Borno State. This can be in the form of
o Reference letter
o Purchase Orders
o Job completion certificates
2. Company Registration
• Copy of registration certificate with Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) (Must)
• Any other statutory permits or licenses from relevant federal and state agencies such as NEMA and SEMA.
3. Evidence of ability to source for funds
• Bank reference letter
• Financial statement
• Copies of previous awards
4. Tax Clearance
• Must have Tax Clearance Certificate for the past three years from Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS)
D. PAYMENT TERMS: Payment will be rendered upon full completion of services
• Application for both LOTS to be submitted together in a sealed envelope indicated as PROVISION OF LATRINE DISLODGEMENT SERVICES, FHI360 BORNO STATE OFFICE
• Bidding documents to be submitted to FHI360 Borno State Office located at Shehu Sanda Kyarimi Crescent, Old GRA, Maiduguri.
• Deadline for submission is 28th August 2018 at 4:00pm.
F. CONTRACTING PROCESS
Only qualified contractors who meet all the criteria above will be contacted to provide latrine dislodgement services for 12 Months. In addition to the requirements above, the selection process will be based on competitive price, quality, delivery period, quote validity and evidence of physical presence in Borno State.
G. RIGHT TO SELECT/REJECT
• FHI360 reserves the right to select and negotiate with those firms it determines, in its sole discretion to be qualified for competitive quotations and to terminate without incurring any liability.
• FHI360 is Value Added Tax (VAT) exempted, but charges Withholding Tax (WHT) in compliance with relevant Nigerian laws.
Please note that FHI360 will conduct due diligence to ascertain physical presence in Borno State
SOURCE: DAILY TRUST