EQUINOR NIGERIA ENERGY COMPANY LIMITED
Operator of the NNPC/Equinor PSC
INVITATION FOR PREQUALIFICATION FOR PROVISION OF INSURANCE COVER
NipeX Tender Number: 1000003538
Equinor Enquiry Number: 460893
Equinor Nigeria Energy Company Limited/Operator of the NNPC/Equinor PSC hereby invites interested, reputable, qualified Nigeria Insurers with ‘world class’ experience in major Oil and Gas to prequalify for the provision of insurance coverage for Equinor assets.
- SCOPE OF WORK
The scope of activities may include but not limited to:
- Group Life & Group Personal Accident
- Industrial All Risks Insurance
- Monitor Vehicle Insurance
- Marine Cargo
- Energy Package
The Insurer shall retian a percentage of the risk in Nigeria and re-insure the excess capacity leading foreign underwriters with A + rating by S & P. the Insurer will liaise with jointly appointed re-insurance Broker for re-insurance with foreign Underwriter. The Insurer shall retain 70 percent of the risk in Nigeria. The Insurer will also handle claims services, policy documentation, renewals endorsements etc.
- BASIC REQUIREMENTS
Any Insurance Company seeking to be selected must satisfy the following conditions:
- Be a Limited Liability Company registered in Nigeria and licensed by the National Insurance Company (NAICOM) to transact general business.
- Have acquired good experience in Oil and Gas insurance business.
- Have adequate and qualified staff with experience in Oil and Gas Insurance business.
- Must be in good standing as regards prompt settlement of all claims reported to date.
- Must be a good corporate citizen of Nigeria that pays its taxes as when due.
- MANDATORY REQUIREMENTS
- To be eligible for this tender exercise, interested contractors are required to be pre-qualified as essential service vendors in (Category Number/Description) 1) 3.14.05 – Life Insurance Services, 2) 3.14.07 – Non-Life Insurance Services, in the NipeX Production Sharing Contract (PSC) database. all successfully pre-qualified suppliers in this category will receive an Invitation to Tender (ITT).
- To determine if you are pre-qualified and view the Product/Service category you are listed for: Open www.nipexng.com and access NJQS with your log in details. Click continue PSC Scheme tool, click my supplier status and then click supplier product group.
- If you not listed in a Product/Service category but you are registered with DPR to do business, contact NipeXoffice at Temple Road, Ikoyi, Lagos with your DPRcertificate as evidence of necessary update.
- To initiate the PSC pre-qualification process, access www.nipexng.com to download the application form, make necessary payments and contact NipeX office for further action.
- To be eligible, all tenders must comply with the Nigerian Content Requirement in the NipeX system.
- NIGERIAN CONTENT REQUIREMENTS
- Provide evidence of Company Ownership Structure from CO2 and CO7, registration on NOGIC JQS and DPR certificate.
- Detailed description of the location of in-country committed facilities & infrastructure in Nigeria to support this contract.
- Tenderer shall provide evidence of current NAICOM certificate and MOA with Reinsurance company.
- Nigerian content plan on how it intends to achieve 100%, 70%, and 40% of Life, Non-Life, and Marine Services respectively.
- Provide Project Specific Organogram and CV’s of personnel listed in the organogram.
- Provide evidence of NC employment and training plan.
- CLOSING DATE
Only Tenderers who are registered with NJQS Product Category 1) 3.14.05 Life Insurance Services, 2) 3.14.07 Non-Life Insurance Services, as of 1600hrs 30thof May 2019 being the close advert date shall be invited to submit Technical bids.
- ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
All cost incurred preparing and processing NJQS prequalification shall be to the contractor’s account.
This advertisement shall neither be construed as any form of commitment on the part of Equinor Nigeria Energy Company Limited to award any contract to any company and or associated companies, sub-contractors or agents, nor shall entitle qualified companies to make any claims whatsoever, and/or seek any indemnity from Equinor Nigeria Energy Company Limited and/or any of its partners by virtue of such companies having been prequalified in NJQS.
Equinor Nigeria Energy Company Limited will communicate only with authorized officers in the tendering companies and NOT through individual or agents.
Please visit NipeX portal at www.nipex-ng.comfor this advert and other information. Also note that this contract will be progressed through the NipeX system.