FEDERAL GOVERNMENT OF NIGERIA
EKITI STATE GOVERNMENT
EKITI STATE WATER CORPORATION
3RD NATIONAL URBAN WATER SECTOR REFORM PROJECT (3NUWSRP)
Engagement of Institutional Development Consultant in the Project Implementation Unit
IDA Credit No. 5416-NG
Date: January 10, 201 7.
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
Project Implementation Unit (PIU): Staff Terms of Reference
Title: Water and Sanitation Engineer
Reporting Responsibility: Project Coordinator(PC)
The primary objective of the reform project is to enhance the capacity of the state to provide economically and sustainable water supply through institutional strengthening and reform in the urban water supply and also to improve the coverage, quality and efficiency of water supply services in Ekiti State and to make water available to some defined sections of the capital city, Ado-Ekiti and the nearby University town, Iworoko.
The Project water and sanitation engineer shall be responsible for coordinating and managing the implementation of the engineering aspects of the project and will report to the Project Coordinator
Ensure the implementation of the project in accordance with good and acceptable engineering practice in relation to: the rehabilitation of water supply systems and distribution network expansion. In addition, he will be involved in the implementation of Capacity Building and mentoring of junior technical staff. Project Management. Policy Reform and Institutional Development
• Develop standardized format for technical specifications and engineering drawings and tailor them to be readily usable in the preparation of bidding packages
• Play supervisory and contract management role on behalf of the State Government for works, goods and consultancy contracts.
• Provide the necessary support to Procurement and M & E units
• Provide technical and engineering support to the PC and the procurement specialists in the preparation, evaluation and implementation of procurement activities packages.
• Under the supervision of the PC, participate in World Bank Missions and carry out relevant follow-up activities.
• Analyze data from contracts and process (Customer Satisfaction-CS, Non-Conformity-NC, Complaints and capture lessons learnt ) to ensure that activities arc carried out in compliance with implementation plan, or for monitoring purposes, etc.
• Help to track technical progress on the project
• Prepare Water & Sanitation Unit Management Report-Monthly, Quarterly, Unit Mid Term Review and Project Completion Reports.
• To compliment the completed works and to respond to the sector needs.
• Update the EKSWC investment plan.
• Other activities of technical and engineering nature as required by the PC
• University Degree in Civil Engineering.
• He/She must belong to a recognised Professional Institution
• At least 15 years of specific experience of Practical Field Experience in the delivery of Water Supply infrastructure projects (knowledge of CAD will be an advantage).
• Broad experience in the implementation of ESMF (Environmental and Social Management Framework) would be an added advantage
• Excellent knowledge of MS Office Suites and Database & Statistical Software
• Extensive experience with World Bank procurement procedures or other international funding agency.
• Highly proficient and well experienced in developing and formulating standard TORs (Terms of Reference) for any assignment that is related to the sector.
• Good command of English, both written and spoken.
• Good inter-personal skills.
• Ability to work in a team and with little or no supervision
Allowance and Resources: To be determined by PMC
Contract Duration: 2 Years
PERFORMANCE EVALUATION CRITERIA:
• Meeting the implementation targets set out in the annual Work Plan.
• Timely submission of Unit Management Report
• Diligent compliance with relevant environmental guidelines in close coordination with the State Ministry of Environment
• Efficient and Professional Handling of Quality Related Issues arising from meetings and deliverables of contractors, consultants and other service providers.
CV of interested Consultant must be sent by mail to the e-mail addresses provided under and also be delivered in hard copy to the address below within 2 weeks from the date of this advert (January 24, 2017).
The Project Coordinator
Project Implementation Unit,
2nd Floor. MTN Building, 11,
Iyin Road, Beside Captain Cook Eatery,
Fajuyi Area, Ado-Ekiti
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Tel: 08033481573, 09057226670
SOURCE: THE GUARDIAN